Riddle of the = solved ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OK, I have no software on this PC,

but this what PC paint gave me.

Can anyone else blur the tops and the bottom for me to make it a continual shading.

Thats what I see

gallery_330_2158_2303.jpg

There could definitely be some optical illusions at play...not sure what though but when you get these greys together cool shit can happen.

Here is an interesting optical illusion - the A square and B square are exactly the same colour.
orqkgk.jpg
The cover actually kinda reminded me of this illusion. Funny you post it over here :) The clue could be that the blocks on the cover _don't_ have the same color.

Im likely going to get roasted for not being in on the joke

But guys...I don't think this is an equal sign at all, I think it's a deliberate blockage of the actual font and lettering that says, oh, I dunno, something along the lines of:

"U2"

and

"No Line On The Horizon"

In other words, those gray bars won't be on the release...

Sorry if that's been pointed out already...

But guys...I don't think this is an equal sign at all, I think it's a deliberate blockage of the actual font and lettering that says, oh, I dunno, something along the lines of:

"U2"

and

"No Line On The Horizon"

Yes it has been pointed out, and it is still wrong.

"U2"

and

"No Line On The Horizon"

Absolutely ZERO chance.

The evidence is in the picture of the boxset that was posted. The equals sign was repeated as a visual element on another part of the set like this:

U
=

This leads me to believe that there is no way in hell its a place holder. I think the only reason why people are saying that is because they don't know Graphic Design. You wouldn't do something like that. Using such a dominant visual element, which by the way is very recognizable as an equals sign is just not used as a placeholder for text. If it were there would be an example of said text to show the client what it would look like.

I understand that people are having a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that an album cover doesn't have text on it, but its been done many times before...its nothing new.

Trust me...its NOT a place holder. Its an equals sign...no matter how you look at it.

its not an equals sign either !

they are lines, bars, rectangles,

part of the artwork and requirments to form the optical illusion I'm talking about.

or maybe it is an equals sign, I'm open to anything, unlike some other

Absolutely ZERO chance.

The evidence is in the picture of the boxset that was posted. The equals sign was repeated as a visual element on another part of the set like this:

U
=

This leads me to believe that there is no way in hell its a place holder. I think the only reason why people are saying that is because they don't know Graphic Design. You wouldn't do something like that. Using such a dominant visual element, which by the way is very recognizable as an equals sign is just not used as a placeholder for text. If it were there would be an example of said text to show the client what it would look like.

I understand that people are having a hard time wrapping their head around the fact that an album cover doesn't have text on it, but its been done many times before...its nothing new.

Trust me...its NOT a place holder. Its an equals sign...no matter how you look at it.

:up:

its not an equals sign either !

they are lines, bars, grey rectangle,

part of the requirments to form the optical illusion I'm talking about.

or maybe it is an equals sign, I'm open to anything, unlike some other

Chewie, you need to lay off the intergalactic hash.

its true,

just cause you cant see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist

(Just like Chewies wedding tackle)

I always wondered how much of a mess Chewy made when he took a shit. Imagine the mandatory security wipes that he'd have to do to make sure he got all of the dingle berries off of his fur.

:applaud: :lol::up: LMAO

And I'm not sure where gvox and Chewy are getting the info, but I think they give a hint about the significance of the = in a new piece in Rolling Stone concerning the album... not sure where it is on the forum.

I don't know why people think there is only ONE interpretation. I believe it is an equal sign AND an optical illusion. The symbol could have a lot of meanings. I really like the new U2 font with the two bars in between, it's also open to interpretation, or, then again, just a new font. :wink: And I think the color is totally fitting.

As if No line on the horizon title + the picture itself wasn't clear enough. We need that extra = sign in between.

I don't know why people think there is only ONE interpretation. I believe it is an equal sign AND an optical illusion. The symbol could have a lot of meanings. I really like the new U2 font with the two bars in between, it's also open to interpretation, or, then again, just a new font. :wink: And I think the color is totally fitting.

In all fairness, EVERYTHING is open to interpretation....that's obvious. But to disregard any specified meaning because of "Everything is open to interpretation" then you have a world of vagueness and ambiguity. I don't think that's a world many people want to live in. Yes, nothing is truly black and white....but nothing is completely vague and ambiguous either.

You're right, there is no real single meaning....but to say that ALL meanings are equally valid is incorrect. If I look at it and think that it represents two slices of bread in a toaster, that's more about ME and less about the cover, the band, and the music.

Know what I mean?

Absolutely ZERO chance.

U
=

Where can I see the new pics? I've been searching the forum with no luck!:huh:

Back
Top Bottom