Regine Moylett - RMP - Last Scoop I promise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Q are going to give it a 3

:lmao: Their U2 article was one of the most ass-kissing pieces I've ever read. The idea that they would take out that much space in their magazine for one band, only to give their record (one they had previously been over the moon about) a mediocre review is ludicrous at best.

I'll believe it when I see it, but logic dictates that whatever you've heard is very, very wrong.

Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

Allegedly the Q piece is going to suggest it's one up for Coldplay.

you had us going up until your "hasn't been getting the video play expected" line.

on this, bullshit has been called. take your ball and go home. no one believes a word you've said based on your one line of complete and utter bullshit.

like i said about Slow Loris... when someone takes rumor and speculation and tries to play it off as fact, you're going to get a lot of stuff right, and some stuff dead wrong. your video line has proven that your statements were all simply pulled from your ass.

some, i'm sure, will believe you. those who've been around her long enough will not. why? you put a complete falsehood in your original statement and then tried to play it off with some "they set their lists 6 weeks in advance" line. nice try, go away.

:lmao: Their U2 article was one of the most ass-kissing pieces I've ever read. The idea that they would take out that much space in their magazine for one band, only to give their record (one they had previously been over the moon about) a mediocre review is ludicrous at best.

I'll believe it when I see it, but logic dictates that whatever you've heard is very, very wrong.

Reviews and Previews are not necessarily written by the same people. And cover stories are always going to be ass kissing because it sells magazines.

agreed. that was last month. the 2 will be but a review in this months edition. KOL will be on the front or is it the killers?

It was KOL before the U2 cover and the Killers after. Don't see them on it again. On your original post you said they'd give it a 3. You're not even being consistent on your story, did you really expect anyone to believe you?

I don’t doubt these stories, but I wouldn’t hold much on magazines (that no-one reads) and music channels (that don’t play music outside of bubblegum pop). The magazine ratings are a slight worry, but they’re long, long, long gone as reputation makers. The buzz around music blogs and, dare I say it, sites like Pitchfork are far, far, far more important now. And honestly, if U2 clips aren’t getting time on MTV alongside the Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls and Fall Out Boy anymore, then that’s fucking fantastic news (I'm off to hammer another nail in Vertigo’s coffin).

It was KOL before the U2 cover and the Killers after. Don't see them on it again. On your original post you said they'd give it a 3. You're not even being consistent on your story, did you really expect anyone to believe you?

I call U2 "the 2".

Rings false. Can't see Q turning around on this.

And the Eno thing is a complete lie, if everything we've ever heard is true.

Take from it what you want. Its what I heard. I'm a fan like all of you and I can't wait for the album. Reviews won't bother me.

I myself believe what I've heard and wouldn't doubt that my mate truthfully relayed what Moylett and Matthews said to him.

And I'll call Lemon :drool:
<a deleted mass of white space that MacP inserted as an annoying e-dramatic pause>
Oh, sorry we're not talking about this.... go on.
:wink:
The Lemon is the king of all fruits. There is never an inappropriate time to bask in its glory.

Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

Allegedly the Q piece is going to suggest it's one up for Coldplay.
Don't know if you're legit or not, but what's the point of posting something like this? You really felt the need to kill everyone's buzz for the new album? All this based on something your are claiming that U2's publicist told an anonymous Universal employee?

Add that to the nonsensical Eno/Coldplay comment and I call bullshit on this, too.

The Lemon is the king of all fruits. There is never an inappropriate time to bask in its glory.

You don't go messing with my dramatic spaces or no there's Lemon for you! :angry:

Let's just all celebrate on the greatness of Lemons. ;)

Don't know if you're legit or not, but what's the point of posting something like this? You really felt the need to kill everyone's buzz for the new album? All this based on something your are claiming that U2's publicist told an anonymous Universal employee?

Add that to the nonsensical Eno/Coldplay comment and I call bullshit on this, too.

I don't know whether its legit or not. However, the Eno / Coldplay piece is fact.

Is this the same Q Magazine that gave X&Y, Be Here Now & HTDAAB all either 4 or 5 stars when released?

Eno created VLV Coldplay. So I guess I can understand wanting to return to being the ultimate power over one of the biggest bands in the world.

But I don't think that implies he prefers Coldplay's music; most of his previous comments would suggest he certainly doesn't.

In any case, I'm a Coldplay fan. But I get an angry patriotic feeling at the suggestion that Coldplay could ever be "one up" on U2.:down:

That MTV story makes me want to know who the mystery artist is.

Bottom line: I want NLOTH in my hands right this second.

P.S. MOJO is a lying failure of a magazine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom