Regine Moylett - RMP - Last Scoop I promise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brianvox

Acrobat
Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

Allegedly the Q piece is going to suggest it's one up for Coldplay.

Mate from Universal also spoke to her this evening. Whilst official word and early reports in major press (Q, Rolling Stone etc.) have been good and controlled the sense is that this album is going to land softly with critics. Q are going to give it a 3 and Blender worse. Though, Adrian Deevoy who reviewed it for Blender is a mate of the band.

Worse still, Moylett expects major radio and MTV backlash. GOYB hasn't been geeting the radio / video play expected. Add to that Eno's eagerness to get back in the studio with Coldplay (minus Martin) and the picture looks bad.

sure thing

:shrug: who knows what the actual reviews will say, and personally who cares? i guess my reaction to this, assuming it is all true is:

:shrug:

Well, it's kinda hard to get the video airplay expected when there's no video....

I have to be honest here.

I find that incredibly hard to believe this. No offense, but I call bullshit on that info.

well, at least we can be assured that Rolling Stone will give them a good review, as they are physically unable to give a U2 album (and albums by REM, Springsteen, Dylan) less than 4 stars in this day and age.

And, uh, maybe I'm not down with what the kids read, but does anyone pay attention to reviews in Blender?

MTV playlists are settled 6 weeks in advance. GOYB is on the B list of play.

I can only pass on what I hear.

MTV plays videos? maybe two hours a day, from like 2 am to 4 am. other than that it's a double shot at love, the hills, whitney port's new show, "Bromance", the real world, etc.

that's the poorest barometer of all.

Big stinkin' deal. Are we trying to force a consensus on how the album will be received? Enjoying art is a personal matter...we don't need instruction. I'll listen to the album and make up my own mind.

I agree personally with this.

Just passing on info on a U2 fan site!

There was this channel called MTV, it used to play a lot of music....

I miss it. :(

eno was eager to get back to coldplay??? im pretty sure thats bullshit seeing as how he thinks theyre lame more or less

My cousin watches MTV, I asked her what it stood for she said "I don't know", I told her music television and she laughed and said that made no sense :lol:

:lmao:

Well, unfortunately, your cousin is right...

Yeah, Eno's obviously eager to get away from U2 and into the Coldplay's loving arms, considering how he didn't call NLOTH brilliant and one of U2's best albums at all.

eno was eager to get back to coldplay??? im pretty sure thats bullshit seeing as how he thinks theyre lame more or less

even if he is truly eager to get back with them. who cares? maybe he thinks they have interesting stuff that he made for them that they never used on viva la vida or prospekts march. the guy just wants to work, and he knows U2 won't need producing for a bit. i don't see how this is a poor sign of anything.

Q-the magazine which declared on its cover that No Line was U2's greatest ever?

Q-the magazine which declared on its cover that No Line was U2's greatest ever?

agreed. that was last month. the 2 will be but a review in this months edition. KOL will be on the front or is it the killers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom