Regine Moylett - RMP - Last Scoop I promise!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lyrics are one thing I'm not really great with. I was so wrapped up in the sounds that a lot of lyrics sort of passed me by, even the ones I've quoted I don't think are entirely correct. Put it this way, when I first heard HTDAAB there were already lines that stood out like sore thumbs, clunky line. I probably only noticed two throughout the whole album whch for Bono ain't a bad strike rate!

Lyrically, I think stand up is the weakest -but that doesn't mean bad, trust me. After one listen, I love this album and can say with complete confidence it will trump the last two.

Those who say it will be a commercial failure are incorrect. Magnificent and crazy will be huge.

Unknown caller is a song I will have to hear again, great guitar break down but the any doesn't go where you expect it too so it will require further listening as will a few others. Not a bad thing though, it'll be a grower, not a shrinker..

Be careful what you wish for when you ask for Pop era U2 to return.
Cool songs yes. Dreadful reviews and a terrible drubbing in the press yes.
If you have thin skins you should hope for ATYCLB pt 3. Interference will hate it but the press and public will love it.

fuck the press and fuck the public..............imo

Oh, and Regine Moylett shuld be fired if what you've posted is true.
Gossipping about the possible failure of your as yet unreleased superstar bands album in the Internet era is just stupid. Rumor becomes reality. Very stupid of her.

Generally yes, but apparently this was from a conversation between her and a Universal employee, i.e. both doing their jobs. It's the Universal guy that should be fired.

it does and it doesn't, it's like I've had a lick of lollipop and it's been taken away. I want more!

At thesame time, I'm glad I can refute these douche bags who claim this album is anything less than excellent after one listen...

Hi Walt - thanks so much for sharing your experience. It means more than any of the other reviews to me at this point. Quick question - you said its not similar to ATYCLB/HTDAAB, and yet that it still seems like part of a trilogy. Can you clarify?

it does and it doesn't, it's like I've had a lick of lollipop and it's been taken away. I want more!

At thesame time, I'm glad I can refute these douche bags who claim this album is anything less than excellent after one listen...

:up:
So you listed those four favorites and compared it to Zooropa... I'm sure this is nigh on impossible after one listen, but could you guess at whether any of these songs have the staying power of... well, Stay? Are those 4 candidates for U2 classichood?

I also remember an Eno quote from one of those u2.com vids (I think) where he was telling Bono the last chorus could be epic/really push him vocally, comparing the chorus progression to "Bad":drool:.... any idea which one that one is? Because I'm dying for that one.

And again, if the questions are bothersome, please ignore me.

Everyone always says screw the reviews and screw the press but does anyone want to see them get bad reviews?
I don't.
You can't have it both ways.
When someone's favorite actor gets snubbed for an Oscar: "The Oscars suck." but when they win, that same person gets excited.

eno was eager to get back to coldplay??? im pretty sure thats bullshit seeing as how he thinks theyre lame more or less

No that's supposed to be true; I think I read it in Pitchfork.

Still, I can't imagine this album being worse than Coldplay's. I can't stand Chris Martin's annoying repetitive vocals and lyrics.

I also can't imagine it not being at least a better album than HTDAAB and so many magazines gave it 4 stars, including Q, I think.

How could this not be better.

So many reviews are saying it's better than HTDAAB. I'm not sure it will be the band's best, but it surely will be better than what we've had this decade. I have faith.

I also don't give a damn about charts; they abandoned great music long ago.

Everyone always says screw the reviews and screw the press but does anyone want to see them get bad reviews?
I don't.
You can't have it both ways.
When someone's favorite actor gets snubbed for an Oscar: "The Oscars suck." but when they win, that same person gets excited.

True. We want U2 to be loved.

Scoops-logolg.jpg

Lets keep all your 'scoops' to one thread please.

Shouldn't this be closed? I mean, the whole thing's based on third-hand information, information that's inconsistent (I highly doubt the OP really calls U2 "the 2," I think it's clear the OP couldn't keep the story straight on the raintg), and information that contradicts what we know (the video isn't out yet, Q already said it's great).

I highly doubt the OP really calls U2 "the 2,"

I think that was my favorite part of this thread.

The 2! For when you can't be bothered with that extra syllable of "U." But .... oh. "the" is one syllable, too.

I guess I'll just go with 2. I'll call them 2 now.

i like that the tag for this thread is "u2 facts"

so that means this is all true

Shouldn't this be closed? I mean, the whole thing's based on third-hand information, information that's inconsistent (I highly doubt the OP really calls U2 "the 2," I think it's clear the OP couldn't keep the story straight on the raintg), and information that contradicts what we know (the video isn't out yet, Q already said it's great).

Great so I guess I have to read this whole thread then.

I also can't imagine it not being at least a better album than HTDAAB and so many magazines gave it 4 stars, including Q, I think.

How could this not be better.

Time moves fast. With a lot of media moving into the internet age and the slow death of print, perhaps the music media has gotten younger in the last 5 years? I can tell you that I'm almost 26 now and its a freaking fluke that I got into U2. Up until Elevation came out I had no idea who U2 was. After Elevation came out I only knew U2 as the band with that guy howling like a wolf. It wasn't until Achtung Baby was pounded into my skull after getting rides to and from campus from my older brother (he worked nearby) that I started to get an awareness of U2. And when Electrical Storm hit the radio thats when I finally took the plunge.

At that time barely any of my friends knew about U2. I did manage to introduce at least half a dozen people to them and 3 or 4 of them became big fans, but still, U2 was not very popular among the young crowd. Beautiful Day was a little bit of a hit, and Vertigo was a bigger hit due to the iTunes commercial.

U2 is in a tough spot commercially. Its been 5 years since Vertigo and once again there is a new commercial audience and perhaps a new critical audience. For the old critics, they are not likely to be any easier to U2 with each passing album.

In some ways this album is in the same position as Pop. The band has had a streak of massive success, people who know them are starting to get sick of U2, and the younger audience don't really know U2 that well because its been a while since their last major release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom