RED (WIRE) - Video clip of a new Christmas U2 song Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can leave your email addy and a kind soul might send it to you.

"Sign up for a trial membership and you get two free issues of (RED)WIRE - including “I Believe In Father Christmas”

From U2.com.... so this also confirms that the song will be in the 2nd issue.... whenever that will be... but hopefully by 12/28 according to the Redwire site as DannyBoy pointed out.

I would really appreciate if someone shares the mp3 with me. Thanks

sasha.martyn at gmail dot com

Has anybody been able to download the second edition of (RED)WIRE yet? I've still got the same old videos.

Nope. I was just able to renew and pay through March though. That wasn't available the last time I tried.

Okay, forget it. There's something screwy with the way this works. I checked in my (RED) Wire folder and there is new content in there, it just doesn't show up when I press the shortcut but I can import it into my itunes. The U2 video is in there, along with the Elton John Killers video, but no new audio. I'm going to leave the application open for a while to see if it downloads anything else.

As I leave it open it keeps downloading stuff. Now I have the mp3's of the U2 and Killers song also, along with new images.

Now I have the complete new issue.

U2 - I Believe Father Christmas
Elton John & Killers - Joseph Better You Than Me
Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens) Oh Very Young
Binyavanga Wainaina - Reading a Poem

Wow this is funny. I guess it's a learning process

Nope. I was just able to renew and pay through March though. That wasn't available the last time I tried.

Okay, forget it. There's something screwy with the way this works. I checked in my (RED) Wire folder and there is new content in there, it just doesn't show up when I press the shortcut but I can import it into my itunes. The U2 video is in there, along with the Elton John Killers video, but no new audio. I'm going to leave the application open for a while to see if it downloads anything else.

As I leave it open it keeps downloading stuff. Now I have the mp3's of the U2 and Killers song also, along with new images.

Now I have the complete new issue.

U2 - I Believe Father Christmas
Elton John & Killers - Joseph Better You Than Me
Yusuf Islam (aka Cat Stevens) Oh Very Young
Binyavanga Wainaina - Reading a Poem

Wow this is funny. I guess it's a learning process

I still got nothing. :angry:

Ok I opened the desktop application, and a box pops up that says there is a new download available. You select to do it now then just leave everything open and stuff comes in little by little like ramblin rose said. Have you left it open for awhile danny? And check the folders (go to the redwire folder in your documents and then check the music folder for the mp3's, video folder for videos, I see new pictures in the images folder too.)
So far it looks like you have to just check these folders... there is nothing that tells you that you have this new stuff. Also when I open the desktop application it still shows the first issue's pictures... not sure when that will change, maybe it's a glitch still, I don't know.

Have to shut down the RED Wire application and then opened it up again? And you're looking in the RED Wire folder in My Documents?

Ahah. Ok figuring out more stuff all the time. I see now that on the opening page (when you launch Redwire from your desktop) there is a new box (after downloading the 2nd issue) that says My Collection, clicking that brings you to an icon for each volume (Vol. 2 has Bono on it) click that and it brings up the larger desktop collage page for Vol. 2, which includes a large photo for the U2 Christmas song in this issue. (Funny though that it's a pic of the guys from the U23D premiere)

NEW @U2 U2's CHRISTMAS GIFT TO U2.COM SUBSCRIBERS
December 24, 2008
posted by: sherry

Paid subscribers to U2.com received an early Christmas present in their email: a gift subscription for 2 months of (RED)WIRE. This week's featured download is U2's version of Greg Lake's "I Believe in Father Christmas."

Has anyone got this e-mail yet?

I got the email last night, but I think the "two months free subscription" thing is a mistake. When you click the link, it takes you to the sign-up page where you can get two free issues, but that offer is available to everyone.

The way I read it, the "gift" was the making-of video.

Back
Top Bottom