RED (WIRE) - Video clip of a new Christmas U2 song Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ahah. Ok figuring out more stuff all the time. I see now that on the opening page (when you launch Redwire from your desktop) there is a new box (after downloading the 2nd issue) that says My Collection, clicking that brings you to an icon for each volume (Vol. 2 has Bono on it) click that and it brings up the larger desktop collage page for Vol. 2, which includes a large photo for the U2 Christmas song in this issue. (Funny though that it's a pic of the guys from the U23D premiere)

I left the application open all night, and it didn't download anything, but this morning I closed it and reopened it, and it started downloading the content. Not sure what the issue was last night. :yippie:

Sounds like they still have a few bugs to work out.

I'm guessing they chose that photo because the guys all look Christmas-y.

I got the email last night, but I think the "two months free subscription" thing is a mistake. When you click the link, it takes you to the sign-up page where you can get two free issues, but that offer is available to everyone.

The way I read it, the "gift" was the making-of video.

Oh okay. That makes sense. I thought I missed out on something worthwhile not getting the email.

I left the application open all night, and it didn't download anything, but this morning I closed it and reopened it, and it started downloading the content. Not sure what the issue was last night. :yippie:

Sounds like they still have a few bugs to work out.

I'm guessing they chose that photo because the guys all look Christmas-y.

Yay!! :applaud: glad to hear you got it.

:ohmy: Just got my email moments ago from REDWire letting me know the new issue is ready. There's also a link to begin the download. Maybe we were all a bit early yesterday :hmm:

:ohmy: Just got my email moments ago from REDWire letting me know the new issue is ready. There's also a link to begin the download. Maybe we were all a bit early yesterday :hmm:

:lol: That's what I was thinking. Although I wouldn't have been so adamant about downloading the new issue last night if U2.com wouldn't have posted about it in the first place.

Have you tried that RED loader thing to move the content into Itunes? I'm afraid to do it, I haven't had any issues doing it manually.

Yes and it worked great. It seems it transferred the videos as well as the mp3s. Looks like it didn't automatically add the artwork, but I guess we can put that there ourselves from the images they put in our image folder.

just signed up _ to the two months trial _ and not clear to me how i can save the u2 song to I-Tunes - any help appreciated Mike

just signed up _ to the two months trial _ and not clear to me how i can save the u2 song to I-Tunes - any help appreciated Mike

In itunes, go to file "add file to library", go to your documents folder and then look for the RED Wire folder, the video is in the "videos" folder and the mp3 is in the "music" folder. You do each individually.

You can also import each of these entire folders (music/video) but it will bring all of the content into your itunes not just the U2 video/mp3.

Has anyone got this e-mail yet?

I got it too, but the strange thing is I don't subscribe to U2.com. :shrug:

But hey, the're welcome to send any freebies they want too. :wink:

I have already received an email from (Red)Wire that I was getting 2 issues free. I've not downloaded the 2nd one yet.
Been too busy the last few days.
Having issues with it too.
Just trying to follow everyones instructions.
May wait till tomorrow. :yawn:

I just saw the Stand by Me video mentioned on E Entertainment.
It said to check in to PlayingforChange.com

Looks good to me and I like the music. :up:

Glad to see (Red)Wire making a difference already. :heart:

In itunes, go to file "add file to library", go to your documents folder and then look for the RED Wire folder, the video is in the "videos" folder and the mp3 is in the "music" folder. You do each individually.

You can also import each of these entire folders (music/video) but it will bring all of the content into your itunes not just the U2 video/mp3.

thanks for the advice ! Did try as you suggest and clicked on Redwire via I-tunes but still not working for some reason - do I need to do something to my Redwire settings ? Thanks again, Mike

Don't click just on the RED Wire Folder, but on the Music and Video folders within the Redwire folder. (You need to do it twice one for the music and one for the videos.

Or you can try their REDmover program which supposedly moves the stuff automatically. I haven't tried it, but other people who have say it works.

You can find the link to download and on the bottom line (towards the right) of the Redwire page.

http://www.redwire.com/

Here's the direct link, but I'm not sure it will work.

http://67.192.14.31/iTunes.html

I'm looking for the 'official' MP3 of U2’s I Believe In Father Christmas released on December 23rd via (Red)Wire. I understand its 256kbps not a ripped version (96kbps) of the FLV (video)? I don't live in the US or UK, therefore cannot get (Red)Wire even for free!

I’d like the file in its original form (no renaming). I’d be glad to trade.:wink:

Cheers,
u2precision

Up the ante!

I'm looking for the 'official' MP3 of U2’s I Believe In Father Christmas released on December 23rd via (Red)Wire. I understand its 256kbps not a ripped version (96kbps) of the FLV (video)? I don't live in the US or UK, therefore cannot get (Red)Wire even for free!

I’d like the file in its original form (no renaming). I’d be glad to trade.:wink:

Cheers,
u2precision

In order to get people's attention, it appears I need to up the ante! Again I'm looking for the original (Red)Wire release of U2's I Believe In Father Christmas which I understand is a higher bit rate. I have the following for trade:

1991-00-00 - U2 - Wild Irish Rose - Roots of Irish Music TV Documentary
2004-07-04 - U2 - All Because of You (Clip) - Hanover Quay Studios - Dublin, Ireland
2004-07-04 - U2 - All Because of You (Clip, Cleaned) - Hanover Quay Studios - Dublin, Ireland
2004-08-17 - U2 - Love and Peace or Else - Eze, France
2004-08-17 - U2 - Miracle Drug - Bono's House - Eze, France
2004-08-17 - U2 - Vertigo - Bono's House - Eze, France
2004-11-11 - U2 - Mercy (HTDAAB Outtake)
2004-12-25 - U2 - Goldeneye (Demo 1) - U2log.com
2006-07-19 - U2 - Beach Clip 1 (Clip, Cleaned) - Window in the Skies - Eze, France
2006-07-19 - U2 - Beach Clip 1 - Window in the Skies - Eze, France
2006-07-19 - U2 - Beach Clip 2 - Eze, France
2006-07-19 - U2 - Beach Clip 3 - Eze, France
2006-07-19 - U2 - Beach Clip 4 - Eze, France
2006-11-07 - U2 - Window in the Skies - KROQ Radio
2006-11-22 - U2 - Video Megamix of ZOOTV tour by Eclectic Method - U2.com
2007-05-08 - U2 - Video Megamix of Vertigo by Eclectic Method - eclecticmethod.net
2007-06-02 - U2 - Original of the Species (Killahurtz Casa de Angeles Remix) - U2spain.es
2007-09-19 - 01 - U2 - Ave Maria (Jacknife Lee Mix) - jacknifelee.com
2007-09-19 - 02 - U2 - Fast Cars (Jacknife Lee Mix) - jacknifelee.com
2007-09-19 - 03 - U2 - Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 10) - jacknifelee.com
2007-09-19 - 04 - U2 - Vertigo (Jacknife Lee 12) - jacknifelee.com
2007-09-19 - 05 - U2 - Window in the Skies (Jacknife Lee Mix) - jacknifelee.com
2007-11-09 - Bono discussing and singing Wave Of Sorrow (Birdland) - New York, NY - U2.com
2007-11-12 - Stevie Wonder & Bono - Love Is In Need Of Love Today - Darfur Now Website
2008-05-17 - U2 - Hanover Quay Studios - Dublin, Ireland - U2DMfan Edited Version
Bono and the MDH Band - Jump Start My Heart - One Dollar Diary

Note: In keeping with the Rules/Policy on Digital Music (MP3/AAC/etc). None of the above recordings have been made commercially available. Some may even still be available via the websites indicated.

Back
Top Bottom