Record Store Day 2015 - SOI Deluxe Editon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I got one!! I went to a record shop in long beach since they opened at 6am and isn't nearly as well known as Amoeba in Hollywood. We called yesterday and we were told that they carried 20 copies of SOI. My fella and I got in line at 4am and when we were about 65 people in. When walked in the store we literally got the last copies. They weren't in sequential order, mine was numbered in the 1200s and his in the 4000s. We also managed to get the RSD releases of Johnny Cash and the Foo fighters. We're so tired but so so so happy!!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Can you tell me the retail price for SOI?

Who wants one? There's a million copies at Amoeba and I've got one in hand. Sticker is 38.98 and it'll cost me about ten to ship it.

If you still can get one, I'd love to have it. But not if it's too much of an inconvenience for you.

I am definitely not at the record store anymore :lol:. There was a one per limit, but if you happen to be in Los Angeles, there's your option.

My copy is tentatively sold, sorry gang.

A store in Texas was tweeting earlier today that they had some... Don't know if its legit or not

Check out @SuperflysLSM's Tweet: https://twitter.com/SuperflysLSM/status/589495041090932737?s=09

And I guess that if amoeba LA still has some records they can ship them too

I just got back from Amoeba, we decided to stop by and check out the poster sale. We searched for left over SOI copies and Amoeba is now sold out of them

Just ordered online from looney tunes in NY. $50 including shipping. I'm happy

Sent from my PS4 using U2 Interference

I popped into Sonic Boom in Seattle this morning after brunch on a whim. They had three copies, so now I have one. Yay.

Looks like Reckless in Chicago may still have some as well. I can't seem to order online, though, just to confirm. Maybe someone else can figure it out, or if you live there, just head it, in says they have copies in all stores.

EDIT: Oh, here's why I can't order online:

Dear web customers:

AS OF DECEMBER 6 2014, RECKLESS IS TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING MAIL ORDER OPERATIONS.

There are a number of factors that are complicating our ability to properly run the mail order operations and we have chosen to suspend operations for the time being. We are in the process of major repairs at one location and we will be moving another location to a new building in the coming months. These projects are making web sales untenable.

The website will still show our catalog of in-stock items but we WILL NOT SHIP ORDERS. The shopping cart will be disabled and WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ORDERS VIA TELEPHONE FOR SHIPMENT, EITHER. We are sorry, we know we have a lot of great regular customers but we have to maintain this as a hard and fast rule.

Since we have now moved into our new space, we will be working toward addressing web sales in the near future.

We will still sell GIFT CERTIFICATES for use in the shops, but they will not be redeemable online. We will refund anyone with a gift certificate who is unable to come into one of our shops in person.

We are very sorry for the inconvenience and we hope to be back up and running some time soon, after the dust (literally!) settles.

Sorry for the late response! Mine was 38.99, like some of the other folks

Thanks for letting me know. I got one on eBay for $50 shipped because the highest bidder backed out. Pretty good since $70 seems to be the cheapest it is going for at least today.

RSD is fun! (not). It's like baseball cards all over again. Even the fans are just flipping their copies on Ebay. Is anyone even listening to the damn thing?

Need to dig out my ZooTV Sydney disc. Greed is good!

Got mine at Jacks in Red Bank. Only one copy. White cover. $38.99. Pretty awesome that it has record store day as the release date on the vinyl.

The math doesn't add up...

Judging from all the copies around in the Cali area, it really makes me wonder how limited this really is. 5,000 worldwide? 5,000 per country? The store I bougth from in GA got multiple copies and others I called got at least 1-2, and a friend of mine in NJ says his store got about a dozen. Do the math... Don't get me wrong... I'm happy to have it, I just find it hard to believe that there are only 5,000 copies and some stories are getting 10-20 copies!

Judging from all the copies around in the Cali area, it really makes me wonder how limited this really is. 5,000 worldwide? 5,000 per country? The store I bougth from in GA got multiple copies and others I called got at least 1-2, and a friend of mine in NJ says his store got about a dozen. Do the math... Don't get me wrong... I'm happy to have it, I just find it hard to believe that there are only 5,000 copies and some stories are getting 10-20 copies!

Most of the 5,000 copies were released in Santa Barbara, California :sexywink:

Back
Top Bottom