Really don't want to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elevation is horrible on the album, but electric in a live setting. I could go through a laundry list of reasons why the studio version sucks so much, but I'm sure that's unnecessary.

Most absurd thread concept ever, lol... "but wot if the single sucks?" :wink:

"wee wee on everyone's chips" nevertheless gets this thread 5 stars though! :wink:
Like everyone else i've waited over 4 bloody years for the new album and i just want it to be dead good :drool:.

I nearly always like their new stuff...from JT to AB,Pop,Zooropa etc and tend not to play the real older material now so i'm pinning my hopes on another great collective piece of music.

Ta

Vertigo was a brilliant lead single thats why HTDAAB sold shed loads on the first month of release!

Well, what can we do?

To me, it's the best piece of music ever recorded along with HMTMKMKM :heart::hyper::love::up::heart:

Elevation is incredible live, I'll give it that. I have a soft spot for Elevation because I think it was the first U2 song I ever paid any attention to. (I think I first heard it on So Fresh Spring 2001 when i was 11:reject:)

And HMTMKMKM really should be on Pop.

Hehe, now you know how I feel when someone says to me that Boy is U2's best album.
Anyway, I would love to keep talking about Elevation :heart::heart::heart: but a man needs his sleep, so goodnight/morning/afternoon to y'all
SEXY BOOTS

Cheers!

I remember seeing the Elevation video when I was, like, 9 or 10 years old and thinking "WOAH OMZG THAT'S SO COOL DUDE! WOAH!! PLEASE SAVE THE EDGE!!!!1111"

Wait...why did I just admit that? Oh, right, it's almost 4 AM and I'm not thinking straight.

:D Top 5 U2 song by my estimation.

An instant classic for me, probably up there with Bono's finest in terms of vocals and songwriting. :up: No wonder it's my second favourite, the video clip is just beautiful.

Oh, Stay :heart::heart:

but shaun vox, you'll love to hear this:

My fav of all times is a tie between Elevation and HMTMKMKM

Hehe, yep Shauns outraged. :wink:

Stay is Bono's favorite U2 song. I think Edge's is Running to Stand Still.

I actually think Bono's favourite is now Miss Sarajevo. :yes:

I think Zooropa is their best in the studio, while Bad is their best live.

I can agree with that, yeah but Zooropa was rarely played live so you can't really tell. :wink:

oh god no. "hold me,thrill me,kiss me" Rocks.
"elevation" is just cheesy and No rock lol

HMTMKMKM is kickass, U2 go glam rock and Batman. :drool:

Elevation is horrible on the album, but electric in a live setting. I could go through a laundry list of reasons why the studio version sucks so much, but I'm sure that's unnecessary.

Yeah the live versions are quite electric, I particulary liked the Slane version.

Elevation is incredible live, I'll give it that. I have a soft spot for Elevation because I think it was the first U2 song I ever paid any attention to. (I think I first heard it on So Fresh Spring 2001 when i was 11:reject:)

And HMTMKMKM really should be on Pop.

hehehe, So Fresh. :cute:

I remember seeing the Elevation video when I was, like, 9 or 10 years old and thinking "WOAH OMZG THAT'S SO COOL DUDE! WOAH!! PLEASE SAVE THE EDGE!!!!1111"

Wait...why did I just admit that? Oh, right, it's almost 4 AM and I'm not thinking straight.

:lmao: I don't ever recall seeing the Elevation video. :wink:

I remember listening to my Dad's albums of 'Achtung Baby' and 'Rattle and Hum' when I was about 8-10 and really liking them but having no real idea who U2 were or anything like that. Then I remember hearing 'Elevation' on the radio, I must have been about 10 or 11, thinking that the song was fucking awesome and slowly realising that it was this same band. I'm quite sure that sparked my interest in finding out more about U2 and hence becoming the obsessed fan I am today.

I remember listening to my Dad's albums of 'Achtung Baby' and 'Rattle and Hum' when I was about 8-10 and really liking them but having no real idea who U2 were or anything like that. Then I remember hearing 'Elevation' on the radio, I must have been about 10 or 11, thinking that the song was fucking awesome and slowly realising that it was this same band. I'm quite sure that sparked my interest in finding out more about U2 and hence becoming the obsessed fan I am today.
'listening to my dads albums'
Gawd that makes me feel soooooo old :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom