Realistically, how many songs could end up on this album?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only songs that are real certainties from what I've read are Moment of Surrender, No Line on the Horizon and Cedars of Lebanon. Any or all of the others could be on, we don't know, but those three have been discussed recently and seem like they're definitely on. I wouldn't be surprised if none of the others show up.

Realistically, I'm expecting an album of no more than 12 tracks.

I seem to remember the interference.com frontpage before HTDAAB coming out listing the possible album tracks as Vertigo, miracle drug, sometimes, LAPOE, COBL, All Because of You, Yahweh and Original of the Species. Only ones they didnt have were Crumbs, AMAAW, and One Step Closer (which they may have had aswell, not sure)

In their places, they had a few of the working titles, like Full Metal Jacket, Native Son (Both became Vertigo i believe). The names we have now could make up something like 7 or 8 songs of an 11 track album, although names may change, the songs we have heard about, in essence, will be those on the album. In my experience, if you hear of a song, before you hear solid news of an album, probbably will be the last you hear of it (North Star etc), but if it's mentioned a lot closer to release date, then its pretty much a sure thing.

I think we'll see
Cedars
No line
Moment of Surrender
One Bird
IICLMLA
For Your Love
Love is all we Have Left

the older ones we will never hear of again

I think there will be 11 songs, with an added bonus track ala Fast Cars for some countries. That way we'll have another aspect of the album to argue... whether or not the bonus track should have replaced a particular album track.

I'd be happy with 11-13 songs with variety, some barely going for 3 minutes and some around 5. :up::drool:

I want a double CD's worth of amazing songs!

Oh, realistically? (sighs)...about 12 songs. I know it sounds greedy, but I hope it's more than 11, and I hope they're long; I like bang for my buck!

Bono has said himself that a big mistake a band can make is to release an album that is too long. Therefore I doubt we'll ever get a double album with U2. I think 10-12 songs is what we are going to get. But I don't doubt that they could change their mind in the future. However he said that somewhat recently I think.

I love Pop, just because it was so different, and because of the time of my life it was released in (just fit with me turning 17/18 years old), but I won't lie, it was a very tough album to sit all the way through.

The last 3 songs on there, great as they are, just seemed like torture sometimes. I think it was due to the long 60 min running length, and the fact the songs were very heavy, and not the most uplifting.

I would prefer 12 songs, and I would prefer the 55 min mark for the album. You get a few longer songs, and a few shorter. Seems to balance better.

Didn't they cut 3 songs from HTDAAB because it was running for just under an hour? According to a jourmalist who was there the day the copy was stolen.

12 songs at 52 minutes. And then 6 original b-sides which roughly amount to 25 minutes. Then the folks who want a double album/long album can make fictitious playlists a-la the extended Joshua Tree.

Back
Top Bottom