Re-Rate the Song: Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.

• Total voters

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
The dust has settled on Invisible. How do you rate it now? If you voted in the original poll, try to vote relative to your original vote, based on how your impression of the song has evolved. The point is to see how impressions of Invisible have changed over the past few weeks.

Solid 8. Fun guitar song, some neat sounds, and Bono sounds great.

Switched from an 8 to a 7. I still like the verses and the ending, but I'm not as big on the chorus as I initially was.

Yeah still loving invisible.

On jimmy fallon i thought ordinary love was superb but i find myslelf listening to the live version of invisible all the time now.

Solid 8 for me and should maybe of been the lead single for the new album

It's awfully nice and inoffensive, but can't say I've revisited it too often over the past few weeks.

The correct answer was 7 when I rated it a month ago, and 7 remains the correct answer now.

Coincidentally, 7 is probably the number of times I've listened to this song (and that includes watching the Fallon performance twice), so for whatever it means, while I like the song I don't feel drawn back to it and don't feel the need to keep listening. But that may be more a reflection of my current priorities and tastes rather than the song itself. I'm not sure...I guess if the song grabbed me more I'd be more inclined to make more time to listen.

I continue to look forward to the full album.

Still a solid 8. Nice refreshing sound, lots of energy. It should have been released in 97...
I see clear influences of The Killers in the sound, which is great for me. Its a form of revigorating their sound using a young band they influenced first.

I've upgraded it from a 7 or 7.5 to a good solid 8. No point weighing it against what I consider the golden era - the era I like the best of the band (80s). Just as a good song, standalone. It was in my head for about a week solid. And seeing it (more) live on Fallon, it took off for me.

Was, and still is...

tumblr_inline_mf7rdnkKcr1r0p8mt.gif

As I foreshadowed in a post a couple of days ago, I've revised up from six to seven. I'm kind of surprised by that given how mediocre I think the lyrics are, but the song works.

still an 8 - again, out of context, its hard to compare these results to the rest of the rate the song series. I'd probably rate a lot of U2 songs I like less than Invisible an 8, so are we rating it out of ten compared to U2s catalogue, or compared to all the songs ever. My 8 is compared to all the songs ever. It might be one of 25 or so I'd rate 9 if it was compared to U2s output (and I'd have 5-10 songs rated 10)

The correct answer was 7 when I rated it a month ago, and 7 remains the correct answer now.

Coincidentally, 7 is probably the number of times I've listened to this song (and that includes watching the Fallon performance twice), so for whatever it means, while I like the song I don't feel drawn back to it and don't feel the need to keep listening. But that may be more a reflection of my current priorities and tastes rather than the song itself. I'm not sure...I guess if the song grabbed me more I'd be more inclined to make more time to listen.

I continue to look forward to the full album.

I have reached the same conclusion though it took me sonewhat longer;7

Originally I gave it an 8 but on reflection and having listened to loads of the u2 catalogue recently it isn't quite as good as other songs that I would rank as an 8. 7 is still good though.

Started as a 7 for me and now resting comfortably as a 5. The supposed extended album version still has a shot at 6 if the song concludes better.

Nothing has changed for me. Still an 8. Still believe it's their best since Beautiful Day.

Still a 7.

I listened to it incessantly the first week or so in my usual new-U2 fervor. Took a break from it for a couple of weeks. I was expecting my rating to go down as the initial bias wore off, but it sounded just as good (if not slightly better) when I listened to it again a few days ago.

The thing which I like about Invisible is the overall direction and sound it hints at. That's what's got me excited about the new album. The song itself in a vaccum might not be brilliant (still pretty good though), but it makes me want the new album even more. It's similar to how I love the overall sound and musical landscape of early U2, even if some of the songs aren't that great. Or why I prefer The Unforgettable Fire to Achtung Baby and The Joshua Tree (two of my favorite albums by any band).

So far, we actually like Invisible a bit more this time around than last time. With 60 votes, it has a mean of 7.55. It's just above I'm Not Your Baby and just below If God Will Send His Angels, in 89th place.

That being said ( :nerd: ), I ran a statistical hypothesis test on the hypothesis that we actually have the same view of Invisible now as we did earlier, and it turns out that we cannot really reject that hypothesis at a decent confidence level.

Back
Top Bottom