Re-Rate the Song: Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.

• Total voters
I re-listened to 'Invisible' today and, what a pleasure.

I found myself a tad more immersed in the lyrics and I thought of a comparison/similarity with "We're one, but we're not the same". Even if the contexts of the two songs are totally different, I found a similar anger towards another person who in the case of 'Invisible' judges you, excludes you, has "frozen ways", and most of anything, doesn't let you to be YOURSELF.

The final verse sounds like an intention or wish...from now on, may there be no them, but us and them together as "us". "Only you, only me" refers to the importance of individuality, of being ourselves, "body in a SOUL".

Plus, I must say that I enjoy the music.

For me the only "fault" of 'Invisible' is that is (for my tastes) a bit short towards the end. When there's that "I am not invisible, I am here", that guitar solo sounds like if it's damped, it doesn't express the full potentiality that the song melodically has. I would've liked maybe a bridge or something, a variation, something that prolongs that (in my case :lol:) melodic pleasure.

It was played in a cafe on the tv soap emmerdale yesterday here in the uk! :)

I actually caught part of it on satellite radio a little while ago. I did turn it up and listen to it, and was pleased.

But then annoyed again afterward.

I almost fooled myself into liking it for a day, but it was just because I didn't want to admit the sad truth. U2 have lost their creative touch. I don't care about relevance or mainstream vs. experimental. I just think it's a boring song.

I am on the fence about this song. On the one hand I like the Speak And Spell-era Depeche Mode flavor it has to it and the mantra at the end. On the other hand it's a bit too hypersensitive and melodramatic, even for U2 standards.

I listened to it today for the first time in a while. I still think it's a really good song and all, full of energy and light years better than anything on No Line (other than Moment of Surrender).

Problem is there's just so many times you can listen to the same song without anything else to go to before it drives you crazy. Usually by the end of a new singles gestation period there's, ya know, more songs.

They really fucked the pooch by not having the album ready to go after this single came out.

It may be one of the worst marketing decisions by a band in a long long time.

It's been weeks since I last listened to Invisible. I still think it's a great song, definitely exceeded my expectations, and gave me hope for what was yet to come. Yeah, that hope is long gone.

They really fucked the pooch by not having the album ready to go after this single came out.

It may be one of the worst marketing decisions by a band in a long long time.

:yes: They created all this hype, got so much attention, and then just disappeared. Terrible.

It's been weeks since I last listened to Invisible. I still think it's a great song, definitely exceeded my expectations, and gave me hope for what was yet to come. Yeah, that hope is long gone.

:yes: They created all this hype, got so much attention, and then just disappeared. Terrible.

I feel the same way. U2's strategy (if there is one?) of releasing "Invisible"
then going into silent mode makes no sense at all. Any push U2 got from
"Invisible" is long gone. U2 relevant? Nope.
Of course, my feelings may change if this new album is great.
And it better be great, after all these delays.

Indeed!
The Superbowl and surrounding appearances were the perfect launching platform for the new album. Now when it's released there'll be nothing special to draw extra attention.
It'll be the usual press release saying the album will be out in 3 months, and the name and date of first single. Nothing fancy at all.
Although Edge did say back in January they had "something special" planned. Does anyone think anything will come of that?

I'm glad they did nothing after Invisible. If that song was at all representative of the album we would've gotten, then may that album disappear.

Typical u2.com,there releasing an invisible t shirt at the end of may. The song came out in febuary didnt it :) usual lateness from u2.com

Suffice to say.....apart from the first few days, in which, according to my itunes, i listened to the song 19 times, i have never felt the urge since, to listen to the song again.
My youngest son, who is only starting out on his journey of discovering music, and who likes u2.....rates the song as being "ok"

I re rated the song a 5

Im still enjoying the song i must admit,i have it on repeat now and again

Im still enjoying the song i must admit,i have it on repeat now and again

While I'm not one to play it on repeat, I do agree that in still enjoying the song. I still hate U2 but the song is good.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using the U2 Interference Mobile app

My biggest problem with the song is that it's not part of an album... which probably just shows that I'm old. But a song without an album has no place to live. Do you put it in a 1,300 song rotation on your ipod or whatever? That's no fun. IMO, a song needs a place in an album or a live recording to really take on a life of its own. I love the song but I don't listen to it because it just doesn't seem to occur in nature, so to speak.

No, you put it on your iPod "This Is Good Shit" playlist.

I personally have playlists of U2 era's, so for example, my phone's U2 playlists look like. Each era includes the B-sides and/or outtakes

U2 80-81 (Boy & October)
U2 83
U2 84
U2 87
U2 88
U2 91
U2 93-94 (included HMTMKMKM)
U2 95
U2 97
U2 00-02 (includes Electrical Storm)
U2 04-06 (includes Saints and Window in the Skies)
U2 09 (includes Soon)
U2 14 (also known as the "WTF" era)

I just have an ipod on shuffle. It's how I listen all my music. Sometimes I get hooked on a song and put it on repeat for a while..

Four words to describe 'Invisible' : Same shit, different decade.:down:

Back
Top Bottom