Re-Rate the Song: Invisible - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Where The Album Has A Name - Songs of Experience
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.
10 4 3.01%
9 17 12.78%
8 46 34.59%
7 38 28.57%
6 14 10.53%
5 7 5.26%
4 1 0.75%
3 5 3.76%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
0 1 0.75%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2014, 05:45 PM   #151
Acrobat

Local Time: 02:46 PM
What else from U2 does Invisible sound like, from any other decade? Pick a song, any song. It sounds like U2, sure.. But that's who made the freaking song. U2 have been sounding like U2 since the late 70's. You'd think people would be ok with that by now.

Old 05-23-2014, 02:27 AM   #152
New Yorker

Local Time: 08:46 PM
I gave it a 7 back in February, but I have to admit that it's a really good song! The start doesn't sound right to me, but the rest is very nice. I can listen to it 10 times in a row and it doesn't bother me, that's a pretty good sign. I increase it to 8

Old 05-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #153
War Child

3 hours ago. From Mark Romanek.

First Rehearsal for "Invisible" shoot. on Vimeo
Old 05-28-2014, 05:19 PM   #154
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Nachos!
Old 06-02-2014, 01:36 AM   #155
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozeeko View Post
I almost fooled myself into liking it for a day, but it was just because I didn't want to admit the sad truth. U2 have lost their creative touch. I don't care about relevance or mainstream vs. experimental. I just think it's a boring song.
I felt the "new U2 song" hype when it first came out and actually suggested at that time that it was a good song. It's not. Boring and contrived. Haven't listened to it in months. The only positive from the latest U2 album delay is that Invisible won't be on the new record.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:13 AM   #156
The Male

Local Time: 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airseven View Post
The only positive from the latest U2 album delay is that Invisible won't be on the new record.
The Danger Mouse version, anyway. The Steve Lillywhite/will.i.am take is still up in the air.

Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:56 AM   #157
Acrobat

Oh yea, U2 had a single out this year. Seems like a long time. Invisible is okay I rated it at 6 almost a 7.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:02 AM   #158
Refugee

Was there one of these for Ordinary Love? If not, I'd like to start the ball rolling by awarding it a nice plum zero Invisible is leagues ahead of OL, yet still screams "four old guys desperate to sound young and relevant". Maybe U2 will need to reach their 60s before they finally feel comfortable making (and releasing) music that feels TRUE to them, rather than pandering to the youth market. If and when they reach a point where they stop worrying whether the 18 year old pizza delivery boy really liked the track they just played to him, they could finally "be back".
Old 06-04-2014, 08:28 AM   #159
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonfly View Post
Was there one of these for Ordinary Love? If not, I'd like to start the ball rolling by awarding it a nice plum zero Invisible is leagues ahead of OL, yet still screams "four old guys desperate to sound young and relevant".
Um... how is this song in any way being geared towards young people? That's unless the hip hop influences and "oh baby"s are just zooming over my head here.

Quote:
Maybe U2 will need to reach their 60s before they finally feel comfortable making (and releasing) music that feels TRUE to them, rather than pandering to the youth market. If and when they reach a point where they stop worrying whether the 18 year old pizza delivery boy really liked the track they just played to him, they could finally "be back".
In other words, they're supposed to just make ambient tracks without any obvious guitar or vocal hooks, right? I'm not exactly big on the song here either (even though I thought it was just 'okay' and gave it a '6' in the poll), but I'm not going to pretend that the band is just going to resort to making "Passengers 2, except even more mellower" at this point in the game either.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:55 AM   #160
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevgreg View Post
Um... how is this song in any way being geared towards young people? That's unless the hip hop influences and "oh baby"s are just zooming over my head here.

In other words, they're supposed to just make ambient tracks without any obvious guitar or vocal hooks, right? I'm not exactly big on the song here either (even though I thought it was just 'okay' and gave it a '6' in the poll), but I'm not going to pretend that the band is just going to resort to making "Passengers 2, except even more mellower" at this point in the game either.
Um....you've made two frankly ridiculous leaps from what I actually posted. But nevermind. Fans getting bent out of shape over U2's current output and what they covet are par for the course here. As you were.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:21 AM   #161
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Was there one of these for Ordinary Love? If not, I'd like to start the ball rolling by awarding it a nice plum zero Invisible is leagues ahead of OL, yet still screams "four old guys desperate to sound young and relevant". Maybe U2 will need to reach their 60s before they finally feel comfortable making (and releasing) music that feels TRUE to them, rather than pandering to the youth market. If and when they reach a point where they stop worrying whether the 18 year old pizza delivery boy really liked the track they just played to him, they could finally "be back".
What if they are making music that's true to them?

I think you simply want them to make music that's true to you.

I mean seriously... My issues with them pandering to radio has more to do with their marketing decisions, their own perceptions of what's important, and their reluctance to let go of anything that isn't "perfect" in their eyes.

If anyone thinks that Invisible or Ordinary Love sounds like a band pandering to teenagers, well, they probably haven't listened to what teenagers listen to in a while.

And if you're right, and U2 thinks invisible is what the kids want... well that's even more sad.
Old 06-04-2014, 09:37 AM   #162
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:46 PM
Quote:
Fans getting bent out of shape over U2's current output and what they covet are par for the course here.

And you don't believe you have contributed to that?
Old 06-04-2014, 02:39 PM   #163
Ghost of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
What if they are making music that's true to them?

I think you simply want them to make music that's true to you.

I mean seriously... My issues with them pandering to radio has more to do with their marketing decisions, their own perceptions of what's important, and their reluctance to let go of anything that isn't "perfect" in their eyes.

If anyone thinks that Invisible or Ordinary Love sounds like a band pandering to teenagers, well, they probably haven't listened to what teenagers listen to in a while.

And if you're right, and U2 thinks invisible is what the kids want... well that's even more sad.
This post should be referred to again and again. Sadly.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~october/images/sheeep.jpg

Don't push this button:

I'm serious, don't!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyagu_Anaykus View Post
Interference is my Earth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvox View Post
Consequently, Earth is an experimental disaster.

If you keep going, you have only your self to blame

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Best Interferencer On The Damn Planet View Post
Edge:
too sexy for his amp
too sexy for his cap
too sexy for that god-damned headset
I told you

gvox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 03:31 AM   #164
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

i don't listen any more...

i remember my first listening - it felt so alien and i felt kind of bewildered listening to it, and it was really hard to find something i could recognise in the sound, but was just happy to hear new stuff so thought it was great and listened a whole lot more trying to digest the song somehow... and then i stopped listening and now when i remember the song exists i have no wish to hear it (in fact the music/keyboard is pretty irritating lol!!)

Ordinary Love though, i still think is a beautiful song