Rate the Song: Invisible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rate Invisible on a scale of 0 to 10.

• Total voters

digitize

ONE love, blood, life
Consider this a special one-off addition to the last rate the song series. I want to run a poll to see how people like Invisible now, and then repeat it in a month or so. It'll be interesting to see how the song ages.

So... rank Invisible between 0 and 10. The numbers have no intrinsic meaning, so come up with your own scale; if you participated in Rate the Song two years ago, try to use a similar scale.

7 but then it took me years to appreciate Beautiful Day.

9 out of 10 -- my only complaint is length. It needs to be a bit longer. Hoping for this come album time.

And yay! Rate the song is back! I missed out on those back in the day! :lol:

You don't have that complaint with Adam, amirite?

Re the song - I rated based on inventiveness, freshness and how much I approve of the direction as much as song quality.

Consider this a special one-off addition to the last rate the song series. I want to run a poll to see how people like Invisible now, and then repeat it in a month or so. It'll be interesting to see how the song ages.

So... rank Invisible between 0 and 10. The numbers have no intrinsic meaning, so come up with your own scale; if you participated in Rate the Song two years ago, try to use a similar scale.

Your own thoughts there, dig?

A very respectable 7. I expect that the extended album version will be better.

Argh, 7.5, but I put 7. Wish for a larger, huge sound outro after the "There is no them..." but overall it's damn good. Guess we'll have to wait and see how the album version is. I LOVE Edge's new synth sound, playing that part is already incredibly fun.

Getting a lot of plays in.

For now, a 5 [Although it's not bad, a revival of a revival, mixed with other revivalisms... no, thank you].
Maybe I'll rate it higher as long as I listen to it more.
Anyway, still is better than the ordinary song.

For now, a 5 [Although it's not bad, a revival of a revival, mixed with other revivalisms... no, thank you].
Maybe I'll rate it higher as long as I listen to it more.
Anyway, still is better than the ordinary song.

They really weren't doing themselves any favors with that song title huh...

7, although I'd have gone for 7.5 and not 6.5 if I'd had the option. It's quite good. But there's no "moment"; no neck-hair stand, no punching the air shouting "YES, YOU BEAUTY!".

An 8 at the moment but the chorus is playing continuously in my head which means it could well end up a 9!

6/10 for now. I enjoy the instrumentation but the poor lyrics really let it down. Sometimes they don't even fit, and sound as if Bono thinks they were so good that he forced them in anyway.

I put UF on afterwards and the sudden jump up in quality was really apparent.

8 out 10 at the moment , it touches emotions which U2 can only do,if it does that to you it's a great song.

Who in their right mind rated this (or any) song 3 / 10???

3/10 is generally reserved for when someone records the sound of the shit falling from their arse into the toilet bowl, with clipping, and excessive echo. Possibly also some mic feedback.

6/10 for now. I enjoy the instrumentation but the poor lyrics really let it down. Sometimes they don't even fit, and sound as if Bono thinks they were so good that he forced them in anyway.

The lyrics are the only potential stumbling block for me, haven't made my mind up yet about them.

Funny...I've been as critical of Bono's recent lyrics as anyone on here, but I quite like these (and conversely thought OL's lyrics were horrid).

That this song can't compare with anything on TUF goes without saying, we share a love for that record, but that's hardly a fair comparison.

Back
Top Bottom