Rate: No Line on the Horizon Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How is NLOTH?

• 10: Best

Votes: 45 5.4%
  • 9: Masterpiece

Votes: 240 28.9%
  • 8: Extraordinary

Votes: 246 29.6%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 152 18.3%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 91 11.0%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 4: Mediocre

Votes: 16 1.9%
  • 3: Bad

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 2: Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Worst

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
We have a couple of rating threads:

The "Star Rate" threads and:

http://www.u2interference.com/forum...oth-song-poll-which-song-will-win-193702.html

Personally I think it's too early to rate the album, it's too fresh.

My first impulse would be; 4,5 out of 5 points/stars.

There is not one song I don't like, but I enjoy the album as a whole, it feels very complete to me. I don't analyse details of songs, that would spoil my experience.

3.5 or 4 stars out of 5, so I guess 3.75 :wink:

It might have been higher if it wasnt for all the pre-release hype, stating that the band were pushing in new directions and making their most innovative record ever. Its a good album that recycles alot of old ideas with some new sounds scattered throughout. Imo of course!

And before people jump on me for a low rating, a 3.75 is still a "great" when translated to your scale.

Finally, got the poll up. Sorry it took forever. It's on a scale of ten since I I like the score to be more indepth than just a 5 star scale.

i gave it an early 9. i think over time, this will be my favorite album since Achtung Baby, which is my only 10. Joshua Tree also would be a 9, with UF and Zooropa earning 8's.

In science, that 1 vote so far away from the average would be named as bad data and subsequently ignored from influencing the conclusion...but I thought I'd be fair and count it.

Incredible album. It took me a couple of listening sessions to get into it but I think it is amazing. I gave it a 9 because it is bold and adventureous and I rank it up with Achtung Baby and the Joshua Tree. After listening to it I think it is madness that some sites gave a review after just one listen. This album is way to complex to rate it after one listening session. I have to say I love all the tracks (GOYB is my least favorite) but Moment of Surrender stole my heart.

i'm just interested to see how people rate this album 6 months down the road. while i think it's excellent, i'm still not sure what its lasting power will be. there's just no way of knowing.

i'm just interested to see how people rate this album 6 months down the road. while i think it's excellent, i'm still not sure what its lasting power will be. there's just no way of knowing.

Remind me to follow up with a poll in August/September!

It would be very interesting to compare the results we have now to six months from now. Get your votes in!

PS: With 102 votes in, it's very awesome to see that there's only 1 vote below "Great". Average score with more votes coming in is settling in about 8.34. About the same collective opinion at 50 votes.

There is something innocent about this album that I find amazing for a band that has been making music for thirty years.

Remind me to follow up with a poll in August/September!

It would be very interesting to compare the results we have now to six months from now. Get your votes in!

PS: With 102 votes in, it's very awesome to see that there's only 1 vote below "Great". Average score with more votes coming in is settling in about 8.34. About the same collective opinion at 50 votes.

good call! i've always thought that the best measure of an album is by its lasting power.

good to see some good early ratings. i know many people, including myself, went a little over the top with ratings when HTDAAB came out. but i also seem to remember a lot more ealrly backlash, as well, which i haven't seen other than nitpicking here and there.

I went for masterpiece, may well upgrade that in coming weeks, on first hearing only, "Boots," and Cedars Of Lebanon don't really do anything for me, but Magnificent, Moment Of Surrender, & White As Snow, sound like classics already, :up:

I put good. More "different" stuff like Unknown Caller with it's unusual chorus or FEZ-Being Born with it's weird intro and haunting vocals would have made for a better album. Easily accessible poppy stuff like Crazy Tonight and Stand Up Comedy bring it down big time to me. I'm sick of U2 doing that crap. That stuff belongs on Bomb with the rest of the easily accessible "friendly to the majority's ears" type songs.

They only went somewhat daring with this album. Seems like they were headed in that direction then got cold feet and went back to safe songs.

It's a shame they don't have the balls they had when they did Achtung Baby. That was such a slap in the face coming from Joshua Tree and R&H.

I put good. More "different" stuff like Unknown Caller with it's unusual chorus or FEZ-Being Born with it's weird intro and haunting vocals would have made for a better album. Easily accessible poppy stuff like Crazy Tonight and Stand Up Comedy bring it down big time to me. I'm sick of U2 doing that crap. That stuff belongs on Bomb with the rest of the easily accessible "friendly to the majority's ears" type songs.

They only went somewhat daring with this album. Seems like they were headed in that direction then got cold feet and went back to safe songs.

It's a shame they don't have the balls they had when they did Achtung Baby. That was such a slap in the face coming from Joshua Tree and R&H.

Well, this a roundabout from HutDab in my opinion, and sure sounds like nothing out there at the moment.

I don't giving it a 10 would mean it's their best. JT is a 10 to me and it's not their best. But ok, I'll give it a 9.

Back
Top Bottom