Rate: No Line on the Horizon Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How is NLOTH?

• 10: Best

Votes: 45 5.4%
  • 9: Masterpiece

Votes: 240 28.9%
  • 8: Extraordinary

Votes: 246 29.6%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 152 18.3%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 91 11.0%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 4: Mediocre

Votes: 16 1.9%
  • 3: Bad

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 2: Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Worst

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
An eight. What keeps it from being higher is that it doesn't feel like an album. The Joshua Tree, The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby all feel unified in a sound. NLOTH seems like a collection of amazing songs put together without a unified sound.

An eight. What keeps it from being higher is that it doesn't feel like an album. The Joshua Tree, The Unforgettable Fire and Achtung Baby all feel unified in a sound. NLOTH seems like a collection of amazing songs put together without a unified sound.

I'm not sure what you mean. The overall atmosphere is there. The great thing is that while the atmosphere is cohesive the sound is also diverse.

This is for me the most cohesive record U2 put out since Achtung baby. Every song fits and there is no filler track.

9 for me. Masterpiece? yes. The best? Who knows?

I don't understand the hate for SUC though, that song is killer.

I don't understand the hate for SUC though, that song is killer.

and what are your thoughts on these lyrics??

Soul rockin´people moving on
Soul rockin´people on and on
C´mon ye people
We´re made of stars
C´mon ye people
Stand up then sit down for your love

If you say anything even slightly less extreme than they make me want to throw up instantly, I will call you a liar

and what are your thoughts on these lyrics??

Soul rockin´people moving on
Soul rockin´people on and on
C´mon ye people
We´re made of stars
C´mon ye people
Stand up then sit down for your love

If you say anything even slightly less extreme than they make me want to throw up instantly, I will call you a liar

Okay ... :huh:

I actually don't mind those lyrics, I even forgot that the 'soul rockin'' parts were even in the song, I didn't really notice them. The Edge and Larry make up for them anyway. :wink:

I love those lyrics. So guess that makes me a liar:ohmy:. Some people really need some help or love:hug:.

I'm happy to see a poll, but I have an issue with the scoring. I think the album is great. I think it's an 8, or 4 out of 5. But on the scale 7 is great. 7 should be good, 8 great, 9 extraordinary, 10 best. Just sayin'.

How people can say SUC is poppy is beyond me,it rocks fucking hard!

The suggestions that it is poppy is beyond me, this is a rocker indeed, maybe even a hard rocker. Imagine this song live, it will blast peoples minds, I can imagine Edge doing an extended solo on SUC.

:drool:

'All is quiet on new years day.
A world in white is underway.
I want to be with you, be with you,
night and day...
but nothing changes on new years day.

I will be with you again.
I will be with you again."

Are those incredible lyrics? it's from maybe the greatest u2 song ever....altough I agree SUC has the weakest lyrics on the record, i don't know why people get on Bono SO much on his recent lyrics.

I still have SUC as one of the weaker tracks on the album b/c of them though, I have CRAZY tonight as the worst song. I actually do like the song and enjoy it...but this album flows so well and this song has no place on it for me.

I rated it as "Extraordinary"...time will tell if its a masterpiece. I'm enjoying every song though, don't skip over any yet.

I just got into FEZ and white as snow too :applaud:

I completely disagree. What keeps it from being higher is one or two songs that just aren't masterpiece quality.

Post all you want, but it doesn't look like this album will be considered "average" around here any time soon (hint: look at the poll). :wink:

Let's see what happens in a year's time when this same poll comes out.

I want to give this a 9 but to me a masterpiece is a 10, so then i should give it an 8 but that seems too low. Damn you for putting tags on what the numbers mean :lol:

I truly feel bad for the 11 people who don't like this album. I'd be really depressed if I had waited more than 4 years for the album and then hated it.

At least no one thinks it's terrible. It goes from Worst to Bad. :wink:

I wonder if these are people are a subset of the 13 who hate the GOYB video.

I truly feel bad for the 11 people who don't like this album. I'd be really depressed if I had waited more than 4 years for the album and then hated it.

At least no one thinks it's terrible. It goes from Worst to Bad. :wink:

I wonder if these are people are a subset of the 13 who hate the GOYB video.

Obviously because if the album was only okay, it would be U2's worst, there should be no votes between 2 and 5 :wink:

I'd give it a 9 out of 10 on my own personal scale, but I haven't annointed it a masterpiece yet. It's almost there but WAS and Cedars are trying to catch up with the rest of the album. If one of them grows a little more on me, 10-out-of-11 is an awesome ratio and definitely masterpiece level (or 11/12 if you include NLOTH2). So I'll go 8 for now. In a year or two I'm fairly confident it will have risen a spot. Won't ever beat The Joshua Tree though, no chance at 10. :wink:

Average !
and to think u2 wants to be the best... this is not the best.

You back to your hating ways again? :cute:

I listened to this album for the first time last night.. actually this morning at 00:21 hrs EST. :wink: Wow! Quite an impressive achievement. Definitely their best one this decade! It seems to have a good cohesive feel throughout and the production is stellar! Eno :bow: The intros of some of the songs were :ohmy:! In order to not get swept by new album hysteria, I give it an 8. Extraordinary album. Whether it is a masterpiece, time will tell.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom