Rate: No Line on the Horizon Album

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How is NLOTH?

• 10: Best

Votes: 45 5.4%
  • 9: Masterpiece

Votes: 240 28.9%
  • 8: Extraordinary

Votes: 246 29.6%
  • 7: Great

Votes: 152 18.3%
  • 6: Good

Votes: 91 11.0%
  • 5: Average

Votes: 26 3.1%
  • 4: Mediocre

Votes: 16 1.9%
  • 3: Bad

Votes: 7 0.8%
  • 2: Terrible

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1: Worst

Votes: 8 1.0%

• Total voters
Went with Masterpiece (9). I really don't expect it to reach Best (JT for me), but who knows. I will, however, sign the contract stating that I can't change my opinion to anything lower than Extraordinary (8). I sell my soul on that. "signed!"

I gave it an 8 Extraordinary!! ..in my :heart:heart its a 10:up:..but I find it to early to call it the best or a masterpiece..in my head that takes a while before you can actually call it that.. :)

EDITED to say...it could get to masterpiece though...:)

Nothing is ever gonna beat Pop for me because it's been my favourite album for a decade. Not U2's fault, this could be their best album I just wouldn't think so :wink:

I voted Masterpiece. Upon first listen I probably would have just rated it Good, and yesterday probably Extraordinary, but listening to it today I'm absolutely blown away. There is not a weak track on this record, and about half of them have almost made me cry :sad:

It really does belong with JT and AB, at least for now. Damn. Has anyone else made a Masterpiece at age 50, after being together for 30+ years?

It really does belong with JT and AB, at least for now. Damn. Has anyone else made a Masterpiece at age 50, after being together for 30+ years?

Well, there's Bruce and Dylan... but they're solo.

Well, there's Bruce and Dylan... but they're solo.

I don't really know Dylan's later work and I don't listen to much Bruce, so I can't say. But are any of their latest works compared to their classics?

I can't believe so far only 4 people think this album is anything less than Great. Is that an Interference record?

I don't really know Dylan's later work and I don't listen to much Bruce, so I can't say. But are any of their latest works compared to their classics?

I can't believe so far only 4 people think this album is anything less than Great. Is that an Interference record?

No, considering Interference hasn't coexisted with the release of an album this....breathtaking.

I might take a stab at this vote in a week.

I love the album so far, but have no idea how to rank it compared to the other albums yet. I'm not sure if I knew that I thought Achtung Baby was a masterpiece until several months after I bought it.

All I could do for the new album at this point is give a quick gut reaction, which is probably an 8 or 9.

I'm not sure if I knew that I thought Achtung Baby was a masterpiece until several months after I bought it.

I'm a fan since 2004, I think AB only get to became my fav one year ago though. :lol:

To me at least, their latest work can be compared to their classics indeed. (With the exception of Bruce's Working on a Dream.) Specially Dylan.

Wow, I think you're right. That must be a record indeed. :ohmy:

I went for 7. My excitement pushes me up to 8 or 8.5 right now, but it'll subside. It's a great album. I don't think it has the two or three classic songs required for 9 or 10. It has no song to rival Beautiful Day, and definitely nothing to match the stock 80s U2 classics ala Pride or Streets.

I'll just add... NO U2 ALBUM since Achtung Baby is so consistently good, and has such a solid second half. I love SUC through to Cedars, plus I am all over the first 4 songs. Achtung has this album beat in terms of it's classics, and also because The Fly/Mysterious Ways is a better second half opener than Boots/ SUC.

I went for 7. My excitement pushes me up to 8 or 8.5 right now, but it'll subside. It's a great album. I don't think it has the two or three classic songs required for 9 or 10. It has no song to rival Beautiful Day, and definitely nothing to match the stock 80s U2 classics ala Pride or Streets.

I'll just add... NO U2 ALBUM since Achtung Baby is so consistently good, and has such a solid second half. I love SUC through to Cedars, plus I am all over the first 4 songs. Achtung has this album beat in terms of it's classics, and also because The Fly/Mysterious Ways is a better second half opener than Boots/ SUC.

I would say 'Magnificent' could be the best U2 song since The Joshua Tree, and certainly better than 'Beautiful Day'. Since 1987, I would say only 'One' contends with it. 'Magnificent' is a classic in my opinion.

"My first cry, it was a joyful noise...."

Amazing.

EDIT: forgot to say I voted 8, extroardinary (but time will tell if it goes up from there!).

Not as good as Achtung Baby or The Joshua Tree (and probably Pop) for me. Whether it stands on its own above the rest, or slots in just behind those three remains to be seen.

3 votes for less than a 6?? :madwife: :madspit: :yell: :shame:

The rating so far is looking good.
Much "smarter" approach than when we were rating HTDAAB back in 2004, lol :lol:

9 :rockon:

273 votes and the current rating is:

Which still means it lies somewhere betweeen Extraordinary and Masterpiece. Get your votes in!

Glad I rated this a 7. It is a great album, even tho at first I wasnt sure and was tempted to rate it lower. After hearing it more it might be closer to an 8 actually.

Glad I rated this a 7. It is a great album, even tho at first I wasnt sure and was tempted to rate it lower. After hearing it more it might be closer to an 8 actually.

Well, further down the road...like six months...I will post another poll seeing how people's opinions have changed...for the better or worse. That data will start to hint on how lasting this album is.

I am so confident in my belief this is a "9" that I went ahead and purchased a new litho from the new series (4) based on this album. Great times to be a U2 fan!

Back
Top Bottom