Rate Boots!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you rate Get On Your Boots?

Votes: 70 7.1%

Votes: 136 13.9%

Votes: 282 28.8%

Votes: 231 23.6%

Votes: 113 11.5%

Votes: 44 4.5%

Votes: 36 3.7%

Votes: 24 2.4%

Votes: 16 1.6%

Votes: 28 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reminds me of something recently:

44538768.jpg

Oh, so you think this song is a wonderful miracle? Cool!

;)

I give it a 4. I'm trying to listen to this song how the average person would and most non-U2 fans that have heard the song say its just weird, not catchy or memorable. Local radio station poll said most did not like the song.

It's been a long time since anyone in/near the band has hinted at a "radical departure" (if anyone ever did), let alone promised one.

Hmm... I guess I was misreading all of the interviews with the band members and people like Lanois, etc. Then again, they always do this with every new album that comes out, because they have to.

6. Not a bad song, I don't mind listening to it, and it does some interesting things, but it's not about to crack my U2 top fifty and once the new album comes out, I imagine it'll fade into the background.

I think people will find a place in their heart for it when its played live.

I gave it an 8. at 35 years old and being a U2 fan since 1991 Ive been very critical about some of the material they released initially such as Pop & Zooropa. Overtime though those albums have aged gracefully but never really came close to JT or Actunug Baby. In my honest opinion I feel their last 2 albums were fantastic...as a whole though I think ATYCLB just beats out HTDAAB. I can honestly say, that if single is really giving any indication that No Line On the Horizon is going to be nothing like the last 2 basic rock albums, I think many of us like myself are going to be extremely pleased. I blasted this song about a dozen times at home this morning & quite a few more in my car. If the thumping at the end LET ME IN THE SOUND doesnt get your adrenaline goin, well then....:reject:

I've been a huge U2 fan for years and I have to say it sounds like a sloppy afterthought - really not first single material.

It's a 4 for me - it's a grower - but it's just not a great single.

I give it a 4. I'm trying to listen to this song how the average person would and most non-U2 fans that have heard the song say its just weird, not catchy or memorable. Local radio station poll said most did not like the song.

RUBBISH!

All over Radio 1 yesterday they were loving it the radio presenters and general public. radio presenters were saying how young fresh and catchy it sounded and even my mates who don't really give a toss about U2 were saying wow thats a good song!

I can remember when Actung Baby came out and the majority of people where going what the f*** is this load of shi** this aint U2 etc when the Fly was released.

And now everyone says Actung Baby is U2's finest piece of work and the Fly was increadiable

Its funny how the world works and peoples perceptions on things!

I can remember when Actung Baby came out and the majority of people where going what the f*** is this load of shi** this aint U2 etc when the Fly was released.

And now everyone says Actung Baby is U2's finest piece of work and the Fly was increadiable

Its funny how the world works and peoples perceptions on things!

i remember not being one of those people. AB always has been and always be a work of art to me.

I gave a 7/10 whilst being completely objective. It's a good song, but not a great one. It's like a wonderful one-night stand with Megan Fox.

Good to see the song ranks pretty high! :up: I'm sorry today I didn't give 8 points, but I guess there are some things that I still don't like about it so 7/10seems to be pretty good.

Yeah I don't get this whole 'give the song time to grow on you.' I think a really great song hits you the first time you listen to it.

no way!!!!

I didn't get any of Achtung Baby the first 5-10 times.... my favourite was One because it was more like 80's U2, but a song like The Fly got me hooked after a few days/weeks.... now it's in my top 5 !

The guitar during the "let me in the sound, let me in the sound" part is so good (very achtung like) that in my opinion it takes the song from what would be a 6 to an 8.

Back
Top Bottom