Rate Boots!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

How do you rate Get On Your Boots?

Votes: 70 7.1%

Votes: 136 13.9%

Votes: 282 28.8%

Votes: 231 23.6%

Votes: 113 11.5%

Votes: 44 4.5%

Votes: 36 3.7%

Votes: 24 2.4%

Votes: 16 1.6%

Votes: 28 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
When Vertigo first came out, I loved it. Then for about 2 years I hated it. But now I think it's a pretty fun song... It went from 10 to 5 to 8 for me. So I can't really tell how much I'll end up liking this in the long run.

9 (but it's really a 8 and 7/8, I had to round up)

but it's definitely making me go :hyper: Can't wait to see this live :drool:

And it's not initial excitment
I know when I love something. :heart:

I went with a 4, on the assumption that 5 meant perfectly average. I probably feel more like it's a 2 or maybe 3, but much like everybody else is trying to factor in their excitement, I'm trying to factor in my disappointment--I wasn't expecting to feel this way, so everything is sort of amplified, right now.

As it stands, though, this has to be one of the lamest songs I've heard in ages. Wow. It is courageously, daringly lame, though, so I'm not ready to say that it doesn't bode well for the record. U2 hasn't put out a song this "daring"--goodness or badness notwithstanding--for ages, and that's still got me a bit hopeful. Only time will tell, I suppose.

6... not enough progression from the last album for me.

it's vertigo meets fast cars.....

i desperately wanted it to be massively different from htdaab ie: the sound of 4 men chopping down the joshua tree in 91.... but its just not.....

I'm very careful after being around the U2 camp for the "Vertigo" release to not let my self be hyperbolic as it comes to the new material.

With that said, I have given the song a load of listens and have come to the conclusion that "Get On Your Boots" is... better than average. It's no "Beautiful Day," but I think it has enough interesting segments to knock "Veritigo" down a couple notches. I'd say the song is about a C+ (7.7), so I rounded up to an 8.

In all honesty, I'm not disappointed with the song - it's about what I expected, but whereas with the last 2 lead-off singles, I expected them to be of the best songs on their respective records... with GOYB, however, I really don't believe that will be the case. Time will tell, I suppose, and until then, I will continue to listen to "...Boots."

"let me in the sound, let me in the sound" :drool:

7 -It definitely grows on you. I hear different things in it each listen. Lately I've been focusing on the drums. Sounds great.

I can't rate Boots numerically yet. Like wearing boots, you need at least a week with them before you can honestly say that your feet love them or not. My ears need some time to "wear" the Boots first. :D

Right now I'd give it an 8 although maybe that'll go up to a 9 in the long run

Although if we're talking how excited the song has made me for the album, that's a definite 10.

Average rating so far = 7.52/10.

Pretty mediocre, actually, although I wouldn't exactly consider this song a shocking about-face either, so it's not surprising that most of the ratings have hung around in the 7-8 range.

Average rating so far = 7.52/10.

Pretty mediocre, actually, although I wouldn't exactly consider this song a shocking about-face either, so it's not surprising that most of the ratings have hung around in the 7-8 range.

But it does seem to suggest (so far) that this track isn't as polarizing (love/hate) as some would believe. Vocal minority can be louder than their numbers.

But it does seem to suggest (so far) that this track isn't as polarizing (love/hate) as some would believe. Vocal minority can be louder than their numbers.

The song being as short as it is also hurts the numbers. It's a fine song, but there's nothing epic and 10-worthy about GOYB. There aren't a lot of really negative reviews, but nothing wildly ecstatic either, which I would say is fair.

Dammit, I'm just happy to have U2 back. And at least there isn't any unnecessary Spanish this time around.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom