Raised By Wolves - Song Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I obviously love and adore "Raised By Wolves" enough said.

Nothing is obvious around here. ImNotSleeping claims he's sleeping, MrsGarrison is actually a Mr, Max is actually not a hitman(I tried to hire him, it was embarrassing), Reggie is not Thee dog in fact he's not really a dog, and ThePanther is really a robot that likes to wear low cut shirts. So never judge a poster by their name.

Nothing is obvious around here. ImNotSleeping claims he's sleeping, MrsGarrison is actually a Mr, Max is actually not a hitman(I tried to hire him, it was embarrassing), Reggie is not Thee dog in fact he's not really a dog, and ThePanther is really a robot that likes to wear low cut shirts. So never judge a poster by their name.

That must be why you have that avatar!

:lol:Well said!

Newman is my favorite character from Seinfeld.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Not single material but the best song on the album- 2 great guitar parts by Edge- only the chorus itself could have been better.

The chorus of RBW was easily the most exciting moment of the album for me on first listen. I'm not wild about Bono's vocals at this point of his career, but the way he screams the lyrics here is truly gripping (ditto the outro of Cedarwood Road).

Yea this song was the 1st on SOI that sounded like U2 weren't going for the obvious. It's not my favorite, but that chorus really is great. In the way that TCB sounds like a U2/Duran Duran mash-up from the early 80's, the "Raaaiseed Byyy Wooolves" is pure War album. Really haunting. The use of piano is straight out of October/War also. The only thing that bugs me slightly is the way Bono's delivering the verses; I think it could've been more chilling with a more relaxed, conversational approach, like in UTEOTW. But I'm more forgiving of a weaker verse than a weaker chorus.

The chorus of RBW was easily the most exciting moment of the album for me on first listen.

I'm late to the party, but yes.
The "Raiiiiised by Wooolves!" was the moment I first said "actually I kind of like this album".

I think it starts too "popish", like another light song, but by the time the first Idontbelieveanymore comes, the song has already became darker and it doesn't turn back after that.

I'm late to the party, but yes.
The "Raiiiiised by Wooolves!" was the moment I first said "actually I kind of like this album".

I think it starts too "popish", like another light song, but by the time the first Idontbelieveanymore comes, the song has already became darker and it doesn't turn back after that.

Yeah, I mean, love or hate songs 1-4, tracks 5-11 is one of the best stretches in a U2 album since the 90's.

Yeah, I mean, love or hate songs 1-4, tracks 5-11 is one of the best stretches in a U2 album since the 90's.

Agreed. I would be curious to know, when the album was delayed after the Super Bowl debut of Invisible, just what songs the band was working on for the next 6 months. If it was songs 5-11, it was time well spent.

I checked some of the live performances of Wolves and I quite liked it. One thing I don´t get is why in the end of the song when Bono finishes his singing and starts the piano part, Bono doesn´t take care of the piano and let Edge doing guitar. I´m sure Bono would manage it, if he can play Sweetest Thing. Now suffers both, piano and guitar, because Bono is too busy mumbling something.

Back
Top Bottom