Radio DJ to preview new tracks Feb 23rd

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If it's coming out two days later, what's the point? Just wait the two days.

I'd be more excited if they were streaming the full album.

I think Universal should have made the effort to have a universal release date. First time ever. U2. Album released everywhere on the same day. I'm sure they could do it and it'd be a big deal and something novel, which U2 is always looking for. And it would obviously decrease the inevitable pirating that will take place EVEN if it doesn't leak...due to the fact that it comes out almost a week early in some places.

I think Universal should have made the effort to have a universal release date. First time ever. U2. Album released everywhere on the same day. I'm sure they could do it and it'd be a big deal and something novel, which U2 is always looking for. And it would obviously decrease the inevitable pirating that will take place EVEN if it doesn't leak...due to the fact that it comes out almost a week early in some places.

makes you wonder too. if this radio show is allowed to play a couple of the tracks, and i doubt they would be the first to be given the rights to play some new songs, is there something else that U2 has up their sleeves?

as we all can recall, U2.com immediately streamed GOYB on Jan. 19th. do you think that maybe U2 plans on streaming the album on U2.com about a week before the release date?

It's all about the charts though, if you release an album not at the start of the charting period, you won't get a number 1. Which I think Universal want with this album

I've made a promise to myself that I wouldn't listen to any snippets regardless of how great the quality was. I'm even debating listening to any of the full length songs if they leak because the last time that I listened to a U2 album without any preview...all the way through from song 1 till the last song was POP. That was a great experience. I miss that initial first listen of an entire album. There's nothing quite like it. Its something that can only happen ONCE, and its sort of magical.

I did that recently with The Killers "Day and Age" and loved the experience of hearing all of the tracks for the first time in the order that the artist intended. And seeing that there is so much talk about this U2 album being much more cohesive and being about the experience of the ENTIRE album itself as opposed to just the singles....I feel that I'd be doing my self a great disservice if I didn't hold off and wait till I've got the complete work in my hands to listen to as opposed to bits and pieces.

I so wish I had the will power to do that. I used to love that anticipation too... I used to feel that way as a teen in the 70's with new Elton John albums. (was a big fan in those days) Anyways, I hope it doesn't leak so I can do that again, because if it does, I will listen to the leaks, no doubt about it. :doh:

I so wish I had the will power to do that. I used to love that anticipation too... I used to feel that way as a teen in the 70's with new Elton John albums. (was a big fan in those days) Anyways, I hope it doesn't leak so I can do that again, because if it does, I will listen to the leaks, no doubt about it. :doh:

Its not easy...shit, its downright nearly impossible. If it weren't for my busy schedule at work and at home, I think I'd pull all of my hair out waiting for these damn songs. :wink:

But I think I owe it to myself, because I just got "that feeling" about this album. I just get that notion that it'll be great and I want to hear it like I remember hearing all of the great albums that I've heard over the years: The Zeppelin albums, the Beatles, the Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. All of those first listens were magical...and WITHOUT any real previews. :up:

That's the motivation behind my madness. Its less than one month and counting!!!!! :applaud:

Its not easy...shit, its downright nearly impossible. If it weren't for my busy schedule at work and at home, I think I'd pull all of my hair out waiting for these damn songs. :wink:

But I think I owe it to myself, because I just got "that feeling" about this album. I just get that notion that it'll be great and I want to hear it like I remember hearing all of the great albums that I've heard over the years: The Zeppelin albums, the Beatles, the Stones, Pink Floyd, etc. All of those first listens were magical...and WITHOUT any real previews. :up:

That's the motivation behind my madness. Its less than one month and counting!!!!! :applaud:

:up: :applaud: I envy you and your will power, that's awesome. Enjoy!

I've made a promise to myself that I wouldn't listen to any snippets regardless of how great the quality was. I'm even debating listening to any of the full length songs if they leak because the last time that I listened to a U2 album without any preview...all the way through from song 1 till the last song was POP. That was a great experience. I miss that initial first listen of an entire album. There's nothing quite like it. Its something that can only happen ONCE, and its sort of magical.

I did that recently with The Killers "Day and Age" and loved the experience of hearing all of the tracks for the first time in the order that the artist intended. And seeing that there is so much talk about this U2 album being much more cohesive and being about the experience of the ENTIRE album itself as opposed to just the singles....I feel that I'd be doing my self a great disservice if I didn't hold off and wait till I've got the complete work in my hands to listen to as opposed to bits and pieces.

:up:

I'm with you on this one. I've saved the beach clips to listen to when the album comes out as a kind of look back and see and have thus far even avoided hearing 'Get On Your Boots' (I don't listen to much music radio) so that I can take the album in as a whole. I agree that it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable - as In Rainbows was on release and remains to this day. I'll buy the single when it comes out but I think I'll save that too until I've heard the album in its entirety.

:up: :applaud: I envy you and your will power, that's awesome. Enjoy!

HA!

Thanks....I need all of the support I can get. It actually gets harder the closer I get to the release date.

I don't envy it... you FOOL PS!!! The clips are :drool: as are the beach clips!!!!

LEAK NOW DISC, LLELLELELEELAEKAKAKAKAKAAELEALAEKAEKAELAEAEAE!!!!!!!!!

:wink:

hahahaha!

I'm like a drooling fat kid on a diet staring through a pastry shop window.

TRUST ME...I know where the goodies are!!! :up:

I'm with you on this one. I've saved the beach clips to listen to when the album comes out as a kind of look back and see and have thus far even avoided hearing 'Get On Your Boots' (I don't listen to much music radio) so that I can take the album in as a whole. I agree that it makes the whole thing much more enjoyable - as In Rainbows was on release and remains to this day. I'll buy the single when it comes out but I think I'll save that too until I've heard the album in its entirety.

It really does make it more enjoyable.....and memorable.

Great! So I'm not the only one suffering :wink:

It really does make it more enjoyable.....and memorable.

Great! So I'm not the only one suffering :wink:

You're not the only one. I think it won't be too much suffering for me because I actually want to enjoy the lyric booklet and photos of Morocco while listening to the record. That's how I listen to every other band I like. Why not U2?

For Bomb MTV had the entire album on their website the week before. I do remember listening to the entire thing.

it's too late for me. i've listened to the beach clips many many times, and i do plan on listening to leaks, even if it's one song at a time. for me, it's not all about the first impression, it's about the lasting impression.

I'm with you on this one, though I've listened to Boots a few times. I'm saving the beach clips 'til afterwards. I think I'll make an exception for the Gramms and the Brits performances. I'm just as amped about seeing these songs live as I am about savoring my album listening experience. The songs will be an entirely different beast live, so I don't think it'll ruin anything.

Back
Top Bottom