Q Review

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who gives GOYB 4 stars is deluded. The video gets 4 stars but the song itself doesn't deserve 4. I like positive reviews but calling it their greatest album is just plain silly.

How do you know ? They have heard it and you have not. Your claim is just plain silly.

:lol:

Anyone who gives GOYB 4 stars is deluded. The video gets 4 stars but the song itself doesn't deserve 4. I like positive reviews but calling it their greatest album is just plain silly.

You're forgetting it's just your opinion, which, if I I had to rate it's importance to my own reaction to the song, video or album, I guess it will get as much as -10, I asume the importance of my opinion is equally low for you. So, what is the reason to try to convince us all the the album is bad? we can think by ourselves and our likes in music don't have to be the same as yours.

It's kind of strange though because the new Q is not out anywhere yet. It's not The Observer per se, rather there is a one page advert for the album in The Observer, with a quote from Q (like they do for movies) saying "***** Their Greatest Album"

So it looks like Universal has seen the upcoming Q review and decided to put it on an advert before it is even out. A bit strange... hopefully they are right and it's not someone who fucked up!

Anyone knows when Q should be out in the UK?

Nah..........I don't think it quite works like that at least not with Q and I've been buying it since it first came out. I've seen them give cover features to artists and then give them 3 stars. That's not to say they don't get it wrong sometimes!

Fair enough. If you have proof of this then I am just FOS (not the first time, nor the last). I'm actually happy that this reciprocal back scratching isn't always necessary as maybe it gives a bit more weight to the five star review.

I'll be one of the few people to say that this actually sounds really... fucking... fantastic... :drool::drool::drool::drool:

And for what it's worth, I think that Boots and NLOTH are really awesome songs.

To be fair, Q claim every big release is the artist's 'greatest ever' or 'greatest since...' It's the reason they no longer have any credibility. Well, that and they put the likes of the Spice Girls on their cover.

Although the most important thing is that we as individuals like the album I cannot get enough of positive reviews. It makes me feel good:love::hyper::drool:. I am only human:cheer::yippie:.

I don't believe it will be "their greatest album", but i think it will be a hell lot better than the last two! :drool::drool:

I don't understand why we're stuck in the mindset that it can't be their greatest album. I don't think the chances are bindblowingly high, but it's certainly a possibility. Interference has already judged the album, really: it will be a good, solid album, better than the last two, but noting overly amazing, or terrible. Why? It certainly could be their best work ever; it certainly could be their worst.

I don't understand why we're stuck in the mindset that it can't be their greatest album. I don't think the chances are bindblowingly high, but it's certainly a possibility. Interference has already judged the album, really: it will be a good, solid album, better than the last two, but noting overly amazing, or terrible. Why? It certainly could be their best work ever; it certainly could be their worst.

Yeah its a possibility! But i rather be pessimistic... :reject:

Of course it could, and I think the moment a band like U2 doesn't believe they still could produce their best yet, they would dissapear up their own arses and could call it a day. And I'm happy they haven't done that yet.

The reason no one is not overly optimistic about it being their BEST has two words: Achtung Baby :wink:

Of course it could, and I think the moment a band like U2 doesn't believe they still could produce their best yet, they would dissapear up their own arses and could call it a day. And I'm happy they haven't done that yet.

The reason no one is not overly optimistic about it being their BEST has two words: Achtung Baby :wink:

Exactly, AB is the answer. It's just because it would be bloody hard to compete against the most mindblowing - almost divine - record in the history of rock'n'roll (To this day I'm still puzzed and bewildered about how they actually managed to pull out an album like this - I mean God did indeed walk through the room - 12 times).

At this point - after listening to the 45-sec - I'm actually pretty sure we will get a fantastic album - but their greatest? No.

Edit: But I would still love to read that Q review.

Exactly, AB is the answer. It's just because it would be bloody hard to compete against the most mindblowing - almost divine - record in the history of rock'n'roll (To this day I'm still puzzed and bewildered about how they actually managed to pull out an album like this - I mean God did indeed walk through the room - 12 times).

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

I mean, er, yeah. I don't think NLOTH will be their best. But it'll probably be pretty good.

It's kind of strange though because the new Q is not out anywhere yet. It's not The Observer per se, rather there is a one page advert for the album in The Observer, with a quote from Q (like they do for movies) saying "***** Their Greatest Album"

So it looks like Universal has seen the upcoming Q review and decided to put it on an advert before it is even out. A bit strange... hopefully they are right and it's not someone who fucked up!

Anyone knows when Q should be out in the UK?

It's the same with books. If new books are advertised, there is always some positive review quoted in the advert, especially coming from renowned papers.

To be fair, Q claim every big release is the artist's 'greatest ever' or 'greatest since...' It's the reason they no longer have any credibility. Well, that and they put the likes of the Spice Girls on their cover.

Well, they obviously didn't think that way about U2's last two albums since both got "only" 4 stars and there was no talk about "their greatest album" with either of them.

I don't understand why we're stuck in the mindset that it can't be their greatest album.

Don't you know that U2 sucks these days? :wink:

Good thing is they're not stuck in the past like many of their fans.

Exactly. Achtung Baby is my favorite album of all time, by any band, but even I would say it's not a flawless album. I've never liked So Cruel and I think Wild Horses mostly misses its immense potential.

After hearing the 45-second clips and the beach clips, I don't think it's outrageous to suggest that this could, in fact, be their best album. Good Lord, this is rock and roll; it's not rebuilding the Taj Mahal.

But keep this in mind. Even if several critics consider it U2's best, we all have to know that it won't have the same impact as Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby. Radio is just different now. And U2's not a young band that hipsters will rally around.

Guys,

The Q review of the album isn't due to us subscribers until nearer the 25th of the month..........i'll post it up on a different thread for you as soon as I get it.

Does it actually say "Their Greatest Album *****"? Because that reads to me like the end part is cut and will probably says something like "Their Greatest Album since....." etc.

Q actually called it Their Greates Album on the cover of the U2 special last month.

Whenever I see a 5-star review from Q I can never forget that they also gave five stars to Be Here Now, X&Y and Reveal.

I got a lot of good music based on their recommendations, but as far as big "event" releases go I wouldn't trust them one bit. Not that I trust any reviewer really but I wouldn't trust Q more than usual, :)

I would say both Reveal and Be Here Now are 5 star albums, and that Q has the guts to review an album before accounting for public reaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom