Q Magazine - U2 in October 2008 - In the studio

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, it's not. It's awesome.

I remember a fan asking a band member (Adam or Bono, can't remember which) whether or not Mercy was still in the cards for the album and they said yes. I think that the odds of it making the album are very good, especially since the band is apparently using some of the old Rubin songs as well.

Bono said it would make the album and later Edge said it's still being worked on.

I'd rather see an excellent album in March that I can cherish forever than a good album next month that won't have nearly as long lasting of an effect.

I'd rather not see this album rushed together, like Pop... then again, a lot of Pop's thematic awesomeness comes from the fact that it is so imperfect.

Bono said it would make the album and later Edge said it's still being worked on.

Ha, I wish it were Adam that said it was a lock, but I'll take what I can get. :lol: Glad to hear they were still putting time into it. Hopefully it was not in vain.

P155 of the latest Q magazine has a quick chat with the Edge.

Confirmed tracks:

Get on Your boots
Breathe (Massive live rocker!!)
Moment of Surrender (8 minutes long!!!)
No Line On The Horizon

Album my be out in 2009 though!!!

Sorry, I don't believe that. The album will more than likely be out within the next 2 months.

Sorry, I don't believe that. The album will more than likely be out within the next 2 months.

Again, there's no reason to believe windylad72's hypothesized date; magazines released monthly are always late in releasing information because their interviews are often done weeks before the magazine hits the racks. This case doesn't appear to be any different.

alright, would u2.com (READ u2.com) be posting all those clips NOW for an album realesed next year?? :doh:

the album will be out before christmas :up:

Change Get on Your Boots to Get Your Boots On, and you have a less clunky title.

Add "Sexy" before "Boots" and you've got gold.

Many of my friends who worked in LA used to talk to Bono quite frequently when he came into restaurants etc.

U2 is a xmas release marketing machine. I haven't looked very closely, but they've released something at Xmas time almost every year since they began.

They release it at Xmas (big sales) tour the album for the next year, and sustain sales until the following Xmas. Plain and simple.

The only way they would release it in March would be as a result of a grand failure in the recording process or something personal (I hope not for the sake of their families).

My $$ says November.

Evidence for:
U2.com videos
Beach clips
Paul's comments RE album in October AND previous comments about it being pointless "for a bad as big as U2 to release in any other period than Q4"
Various online retailers having November as the date

Evidence against:
Edge's latest comments
No information about lead single (expected by now)

People seem not to care if the album comes before Xmas or in March.

Well, I do care. Do they really need 4 years to write 15 good/worthy songs and to go on studio and record it?
Come on! U2 members have been in vacancies these last weeks. If they were really worried about the album, they would be on studio... now. Not in October!

For all the millions that the machine can generate for their bank accounts, it leaves me irritated that U2 takes so much time to make a record. I understand that the U2 machine works in a cycle that repeats sucessfully but it's frustrating to think about it.

People seem not to care if the album comes before Xmas or in March.

Well, I do care. Do they really need 4 years to write 15 good/worthy songs and to go on studio and record it?
Come on! U2 members have been in vacancies these last weeks. If they were really worried about the album, they would be on studio... now. Not in October!

For all the millions that the machine can generate for their bank accounts, it leaves me irritated that U2 takes so much time to make a record. I understand that the U2 machine works in a cycle that repeats sucessfully but it's frustrating to think about it.

What?

Please don't kill me for asking this. :uhoh:

Could it be that the band holds the album until 2009 so that Grammy voters remember it as the first great album of the year while the new Coldplay album gets lost in the middle of the year? We know they love Grammy's and want compete with up and coming bands. Plus this last Coldplay album could be the Grammy's Album of the Year.

screwtape, i personally wouldn't doubt if they waited until they were eligible for the next grammy awards. i know i am totally in the minority here, but it wouldn't bother me to wait a little longer. we've already been waiting this long, a couple more months won't hurt.

screwtape, i personally wouldn't doubt if they waited until they were eligible for the next grammy awards. i know i am totally in the minority here, but it wouldn't bother me to wait a little longer. we've already been waiting this long, a couple more months won't hurt.

In past years the deadline was September 30th. I'm with you in that I can wait a little longer. The only reason I hope it is released this year is so silly. There five albums that were competing in my head for the best of the year. U2 was one of them. If they do wait I sort of hope they release some tour dates this year.

Then again, why does "before or after Christmas" have to mean Spring 2009? It could just as easy be January 2009, a date that was mentioned a little while ago in an article.

Sometime in the future there will be a music album by 4 middle aged men from Dublin......

That we know...

Are you saying Larry is an unemotional robot?

I think he is the most emotinal member of the band.

Especially after a couple of Shandies in his local pub where he sings a mean karaoke version of Dirty Old Town.

Money has nothing to do with the creative process.

Many of my friends who worked in LA used to talk to Bono quite frequently when he came into restaurants etc.

U2 is a xmas release marketing machine. I haven't looked very closely, but they've released something at Xmas time almost every year since they began.

Umm what? Bono said to your friends that U2 are a "Xmas release marketing machine"? I don't think so.

For those that are worried about not hearing anything yet, I noticed that The Killers have an album out in November but haven't yet set an actual release date (although the title has been confirmed). Metallica didn't announce their release date and details until about 6 weeks out. So it's not like you always have to know the album title, release date and track listing 3 months before release. We have 2.5 months before mid-November... If it gets down to less than 2 months and we still haven't heard anything, well, then I'll be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom