Q in the United States

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah, it's the most pretentious piece of shit ever made.

and John Bonham was doing that look back in the 70's.

so, you're gonna hip me to a movie from 35 years ago that Bono, the guy who met the Pope and is about relief for Africa, which contains a horrific rape scene, is his new inspiration.

get the fuck out of here.

What is your problem??!!:huh:

The photoshoot was an obvious reference to Clockwork Orange, that's all I was saying...

yeah yeah.
everytime I post a fucking thought on this board you're right behind me to be a pain in the ass.
and this is not the first time I've told you this.
get off my fucking back pal.

jofo, name calling and things like that are not allowed on the forum. if you have an issue with a post someone's made, please just report it instead of doing this. two wrongs don't make a right.

yeah yeah.
everytime I post a fucking thought on this board you're right behind me to be a pain in the ass.
and this is not the first time I've told you this.
get off my fucking back pal.

How is what I did a "pain in the ass"?

You asked a question, I answered it.

Earlier you made a statement about "you want to see a rock star", and I just pointed out that much of what you said is often what people think is a rock star. There is no true definition of a rock star. Some don't wash their hair and wear thrift store clothes, some wear suits, some wear costumes, some wear make up, some wear masks, etc...

That's all I was pointing out, there really was no need to get personal.

since you've decided to report me to the principal, I'm no longer answering your posts.
have a nice life darin.

yeah, it's the most pretentious piece of shit ever made.

and John Bonham was doing that look back in the 70's.

so, you're gonna hip me to a movie from 35 years ago that Bono, the guy who met the Pope and is about relief for Africa, which contains a horrific rape scene, is his new inspiration.

get the fuck out of here.

I think Bono is quite interested in A Clockwork Orange. Enough so that he and Edge wrote music for a stage production of it. The movie is about violence and trying to find a way to stop violent behaviour. The experiment in the movie is that Alex is made to fear everything so that he will not be violent. Using fear as a method of control. Kind of like the politics in America for the last 8 years. Using fear to convince us to give up our rights, to ignore rule of law, etc. I need to read the book again because it is probably very germaine to our times again.

Dana

Back to the thread that JOFO so nicely and unnecessarily derailed.....

FINALLY got my copy today at B&N in Burlington. The rumours about this finally being the week were true, thank God. I was sick of A.)wasting gas and B.)going into Borders and B&N and walking out 2 minutes later every other day must have attracted the attention of their surveillance cameras. They will no longer think I am plotting a massive heist!

If its in Burlington, VT(dont get me wrong, for a small city it has a hell of alot going in in the way of music, culture, etc) I would hazard a guess it is in/will be in most cities very soon. Like tomorrow/Saturday soon!

Over here in LA, I saw the mag at a local newstand about 3 weeks ago and stupidly didn't buy it then! Meanwhile the bookstores (Borders, B&N) still have the one with KOL on the cover -- how long's that one been out, anyway?! And today I checked back on the newstand (two, in fact), and they already have the new one w/ The Killers on the cover! I hope the bookstores didn't screw up and miss out on the U2 issue :(

So if you see one, definitley pick it up! Apparently you can also order it from the Q website, and I heard it might even be cheaper to get it directly from them...

I got mine at an LA newsstand as well ... Just about 3 weeks ago. My friend who works at Borders in Portland Oregon called me today to tell me that she received it and shelved it today So keep your eyes peeled ... It's out there

Yes, you weren't the one who reported it. But regardless, BVS, get off his back. It gets a little old when you feel the need to constantly "correct" what you deem to be incorrect opinions.

I seriously do not understand what it was I did wrong, I just answered his question.

I just ended up ordering it from the Q website last night. If the currency convereter was right, it ended up being about $7, including S&H, which is about $3 less than the US newstand price. So, if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it and wanna save a few bucks, give it a try :up:

I just ended up ordering it from the Q website last night. If the currency convereter was right, it ended up being about $7, including S&H, which is about $3 less than the US newstand price. So, if you don't mind waiting 2-3 weeks to get it and wanna save a few bucks, give it a try :up:

it's gonna take more than 3 weeks if you are ordering from the US. I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, nothing yet..

Damn! I am definitely going back on my hunt on Sunday. I've got a huge 2 story B&N and a Borders close by.

Why is everyone making a big stink about this issue of Q? Sure, U2 is in it, but does it have new album info or something?

I just picked it up at a Barnes & Noble in Albany, NY yesterday. About to actually read it!:hyper:

Attention Northern Virginia people! Just a heads up that some of the Borders are carrying it. Specifically the Borders in Manassas on Sudley by the movie theater. Happy hunting!

Damn! I am definitely going back on my hunt on Sunday. I've got a huge 2 story B&N and a Borders close by.

i got mine yesterday, i think it was $9.25 at Borders. Good luck :hyper:

i read through some of it and its a different vibe than say, the last 10 years, whatever that means .

FINALLY :yippie: I called like 4 stores and was about to give up, but finally found it at a Borders (had to drive a little).

Back
Top Bottom