Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oh masterful loris ...

as i'm sure you're aware, it would probably be possible to create a Top 10 Best U2 Songs Consensus. sure, it might not be everyone's exact top 10, but there are a good 10 U2 songs that are, almost inarguably, among their 10 best that, if one were to create such a list, one would be hard-pressed to disagree with the consensus (even if not the individual's personal choice). these songs are the "obvious" ones, the all-time forever-and-ever classics -- the "streets" the "one" the "beautiful day" the "wowy" the "bad" the "stay" the "sbs" the what have you.

do you see any songs on this new album entering the all time top 10 consensus inarguable all time forever and ever classic U2 song list?

if so, how many? and why?

Hello Loris:

Imagine a concert on the new tour, with a new opener.. assuming the second song isn't from the new album, which song from U2's back catalogue would you choose as a perfect number two?

Dear Slow Loris...

Will the album change some peoples negative views on U2? :reject:

Dear Slow Loris,

Could this album be the 2nd or 3rd U2 album or is it really a "grown-up" album?
I mean, would it be possible if U2 had written this album when they were 25 years old?

To which of the past 11 albums will the next one most likely sound like?

Thanks!!!

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW LOOORRIIIIISSSSSS......

when are we going to hear some exciting, official news out of the U2 camp?....it's so quiet lately :waiting:

do you see any songs on this new album entering the all time top 10 consensus inarguable all time forever and ever classic U2 song list?

I could answer this for you. As my tastes are the best around, I can definitively say that "City Of Blinding Lights" finishes 11th overall. Now that U2 is four years older, we can only expect a Top 15 showing at best, and only Top 30 if those purported shitty titles are the real deal.

I could answer this for you. As my tastes are the best around, I can definitively say that "City Of Blinding Lights" finishes 11th overall. Now that U2 is four years older, we can only expect a Top 15 showing at best, and only Top 30 if those purported shitty titles are the real deal.

Love it when people judge songs from their titles. Just makes me smile. Thankyou.

.....that makes zero sense :huh:

Stop it, Loris! You are only setting us up for disappointment! gaaaaaaaaah...

btw, how much staying power will the album have - not just on the billboard charts - but with the public, as well? Also, when all is said and done, where will "No Line on the Horizon" (album) rank on U2's 'Top-Selling Album' list?
These are only predictions, not gospel truth!

This album will go down as one of the most important rock n' roll albums of the millenium insofar as it will create a revival in the true spirit of rock n' roll - the feeling that anything can happen - a sincerity that has been missing in the mainstream for some time now...this album will bring a return of art to the mainstream... In this sense, it will "·%$$% up" the mainstream.

'Walk Out into the Streets' sounds pretty powerful..............future single, one of the best on the album? Doesn't sound like it'll screw up the mainstream though!

These are only predictions, not gospel truth!

This album will go down as one of the most important rock n' roll albums of the millenium insofar as it will create a revival in the true spirit of rock n' roll - the feeling that anything can happen - a sincerity that has been missing in the mainstream for some time now...this album will bring a return of art to the mainstream... In this sense, it will "·%$$% up" the mainstream.

Aahhhhhhhh :hyper:

I could believe it

Stop it, Loris! You are only setting us up for disappointment! gaaaaaaaaah...

btw, how much staying power will the album have - not just on the billboard charts - but with the public, as well? Also, when all is said and done, where will "No Line on the Horizon" (album) rank on U2's 'Top-Selling Album' list?
I forgot to answer the question! Slow Lorises are not only slow but forgetful. But hey, we are damn cute. Anyway...this album will take the world by storm with a # 1 single right off the bat...kind of like 'Dischoteque', but without the quick dropoff. The rest of the album will sustain itself as well, unlike Pop. This album will rival Achtung Baby in world wide album sales, beating ATYCLB and Atomic Bomb.

oh masterful loris ...

as i'm sure you're aware, it would probably be possible to create a Top 10 Best U2 Songs Consensus. sure, it might not be everyone's exact top 10, but there are a good 10 U2 songs that are, almost inarguably, among their 10 best that, if one were to create such a list, one would be hard-pressed to disagree with the consensus (even if not the individual's personal choice). these songs are the "obvious" ones, the all-time forever-and-ever classics -- the "streets" the "one" the "beautiful day" the "wowy" the "bad" the "stay" the "sbs" the what have you.

U2 have so many great songs that are so different to each other that not everyone will agree. Here are my top 10 "best" U2 songs prior to the new album:

1. Where the Streets Have No Name
2. One
3. With or Without You
4. Bad
5. Pride
6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
7. Sunday Bloody Sunday
8. Running to Stand Still
9. All I Want Is You
10. The Unforgettable Fire

I will say that 'Moment of Surrender' will enter the top 10 list, but where you place it is entirely based on subjective opinion. I would put it as the new #7. Incidentally, it is funny how the top 7 U2 songs are all produced by Brian Eno and Daniel Lanois, isn't it? What does that tell you about the new album?

Hello Loris:

Imagine a concert on the new tour, with a new opener.. assuming the second song isn't from the new album, which song from U2's back catalogue would you choose as a perfect number two?
An arabic rendition of 'Lady with the Spinning Head'.

Dear Slow Loris...

Will the album change some peoples negative views on U2? :reject:
Some, but not all. People who already hold U2 in low esteem will not even bother listening to it close enough. This is an album that reveals itself on repeated listens as most Eno produced albums do.

Dear Slow Loris,

Could this album be the 2nd or 3rd U2 album or is it really a "grown-up" album?
I mean, would it be possible if U2 had written this album when they were 25 years old?

To which of the past 11 albums will the next one most likely sound like?

Thanks!!!
No, U2 could not have written this album when they were 25. This is their most accomplished album, musically speaking, to date. They did not have the talent do make this kind of an album when they were 25.

As far as sound, imagine a grown up Achtung Baby that has long moved on and has now decided to experiment a bit with its freedom from melancholy. "It's a big world out there" is the feeling of this record.

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWW LOOORRIIIIISSSSSS......

when are we going to hear some exciting, official news out of the U2 camp?....it's so quiet lately :waiting:

Not for another few weeks.

'Walk Out into the Streets' sounds pretty powerful..............future single, one of the best on the album? Doesn't sound like it'll screw up the mainstream though!
No, it's not one of the best off the album...it may not even make it!

Your Honor,

What song will be last played from the mix tape before the band takes the stage?
i get the feeling something by Led Zeppelin or Hendrix. This album will be a celebration of rock n' roll and yet all the things technology can do to move it in a new direction.

my sweet Loris ... how many more albums do U2 have left? is this a swansong? is this the end of an era of some sort, the beginning of another, have they shut a door yet cracked open another window? what will be left to do?

my sweet Loris ... how many more albums do U2 have left? is this a swansong? is this the end of an era of some sort, the beginning of another, have they shut a door yet cracked open another window? what will be left to do?
This is not the last U2 album. Even if they broke up today, U2 have enough unreleased songs to release at least 2 more albums. This is the culmination of the last 3 albums - the point where the songwriting discipline of Pop, ATYCLB, and Atomic Bomb all fuse together to create an effortless sounding, yet brilliantly layered and sophisticated pop-rock masterpiece. In this respect, as I said earlier in the thread, it is a pop record, yet it is a progression, and it will change the dynamics of the mainstream.

Loris,

Sexy Boots? Say it aint so....
It is so.

Slow Loris can you tell us whether or not your boots are, in fact, sexy?
When you have hands and feet as sexy as these, you don't need boots.
slow_loris.jpg

i guess the slow loris was right about the 4 songs that everybody heard....
I even surprised myself! ;)

Dear Loris,

Please tell me they didn't use phase and flange on the guitars (like it sounds like in the new beach clips).

Dear Loris!

1) can we expect something REALLY unexpected from the new Album?

2) ...is there any hard electro & industrial sound on the new album?

3) How much titles will compose the new Album ?

Thanx 4 the replies!

Dear Mr. Loris, I have a few questions for you. 1) What type of tour will U2 have for this album? Will it be arena's with the same vibe as the Elevation Tour and Vertigo? Or will U2 be playing stadium's again? 2) How does this new album begin and end? Does the ending have a sign of hope, or does the album end with a feeling of darkness? 3) Is there any sign of electro, trance, and middle eastern? If not what kind of musical style is it? Thanks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom