Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Slow Loris,

Since I believe everything you say.... I have a question:

Will we hear a fast-tempo song like Electric Co/Like a song/Rejoice in this album?

Does anyone know the history of the person known as the slow loris? Have they posted information about the last couple of albums? If so can anyone post a link to those old posts thanks! :wink:

Yes. No. Actually, No with huge nobs on. The Slow Loris is about the lamest thing ever to hit interference. But there again I'm 39 and therefore a boring old fart. Thank the Lord!

Seriously? Lighten up.

180px-Smiley.svg.png

[edited for political correctness]

Last edited:
Yeah... even though I agree that he does need to lighten up, it's not very nice to do that to his picture. That could be considered a personal attack. Some people can be quite sensitive about stuff like that.

Alas, judging from the post track record, I wouldn't suspect this one to be sensitive :shrug:

Oh wise Slow Loris, I have 3 questions:

What is the name of the album?
What is the color/colour of the shades Bono is wearing on the cover?
What is the average wind speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

well lol i kinda like your answers
another question ...

does any new album tune has the following Bonjovi-ish chorus:
"All-my-life i've been waiting for...all my life (love?) i've been l????.....This moment i'am in"

Oh great wise Loris, this is a question I meant to ask Bono while in Dublin this April - never got to meet them in the end though, unfortunately.

What happened to the Minds At War anthology of World War I poetry? Has that collection influenced the songwriting in any noticeable way on the new album or was it just something that Bono read for fun? It was mentioned briefly last summer and now we haven't heard much about it - not to mention the songwriting process - at all lately.
Thank you in advance.
Edited to add: What are the name of the U2 songs from Fez in the Here Is What Is Trailer from u2.com?

*grabs nearest mango*

Wow, it seems that people think I have listened to the album or have a copy of it or that I'm even a member of the band.... I said I would only make "psychic readings"! I see images, I feel certain vibes, and I can only make predictions on these things....I don't run the entire U2 organization!

Now, I will try and do a reading and answer a couple questions, and will take a stab at the rest later...

*grabs the Loris crystal ball*

Slow Loris...

Will U2 say "fuck you all" and do what they please on this album without a care in the world???
I feel that all their albums come from the heart, and they write music for themselves just as much as for the fans. On this album, in particular, I feel it originated from a place where ALL they cared about was getting lost in the music. This is actually the first time in their career they started from this place. The original concepts and ideas came before they even wanted to record an album...

Hello Slow Loris,

Since I believe everything you say.... I have a question:

Will we hear a fast-tempo song like Electric Co/Like a song/Rejoice in this album?

*wipes mango juice off fur*

Yes, there is fast tempo music on this album. This is a an electro-folk record with completely new sounds. It could carry a stadium on its back.

Oh mighty Loris, answer or call me Boris

Yes, there will be a song that will raise the roof of any stadium, but will not be released as a single. The chant like chorus builds with an overpowering refrain that will encapsulate anything and everything around it into a frenzy of hair raising energy. Stadiums across the world will be shouting this song back to U2. The most unconventional, ecstatic song since 'Bad'.

is that song called No Line On The Horizon? y/n
were parts of it featured in Lanois' extended film trailer and the video of Edge's back? y/n

So please tell me Slow Lois -

Total references in "knees", "kneel", or "kneeling" on said album = ?
*gazes into a ball of Indonesian crystal...*

As the idea of grace is a big theme of All That You Can't Leave Behind, the idea of surrender is a big theme on this album...

Dearest Loris: Will the new album sound like Coldplay? :hmm:
No. It will sound more Brian Eno than Coldplay, but mostly Lanois.

Oh wise Slow Loris, I have 3 questions:

What is the name of the album?
What is the color/colour of the shades Bono is wearing on the cover?
What is the average wind speed velocity of an unladen swallow?
They haven't finalized the title yet...it's a bit hazy at this point...there's definitely a centrical theme to it though...
I see a bit of orange on this one.
Depends on what side of the bermuda triangle we are talking...

Does the album have any really long tracks on it?
Yes.

well lol i kinda like your answers
another question ...

does any new album tune has the following Bonjovi-ish chorus:
"All-my-life i've been waiting for...all my life (love?) i've been l????.....This moment i'am in"
Yes. But it may not be on this album.

Oh great wise Loris, this is a question I meant to ask Bono while in Dublin this April - never got to meet them in the end though, unfortunately.

What happened to the Minds At War anthology of World War I poetry? Has that collection influenced the songwriting in any noticeable way on the new album or was it just something that Bono read for fun? It was mentioned briefly last summer and now we haven't heard much about it - not to mention the songwriting process - at all lately.
Thank you in advance.
Edited to add: What are the name of the U2 songs from Fez in the Here Is What Is Trailer from u2.com?
There will be a residual influence of all of Bono's readings. This album manages to weave the Western with the Eastern. There are cultural and historical springboards in a myriad of directions. Sonically varied, borrowing from Irish and Moroccan influences alike. Yet it is a rock n' roll album.
Those were jam sessions that provided some backbone to the album. Some very special things came of those sessions, and have created some incredible songs.

Will the album cover feature any naked U2 members on it again? And if so, will purchase of the album come with special 3D glasses for certain uplifting effects?

(Asked on behalf of the women in PLEBA.)

If you concentrate hard enough, you can see just about anything. I know - that's what I'm doing right now ;)

is that song called No Line On The Horizon? y/n
were parts of it featured in Lanois' extended film trailer and the video of Edge's back? y/n
No to the first part. Yes to the 2nd part, though I'm not sure about Edge's back and which way it was facing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom