Psychic Readings: ask The Slow Loris anything about the new album here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to excite you, just thought I should share some interesting points from the past:

Question:
So please tell me Slow Lois -

Total references in "knees", "kneel", or "kneeling" on said album = ?
*gazes into a ball of Indonesian crystal...*

Answer: As the idea of grace is a big theme of All That You Can't Leave Behind, the idea of surrender is a big theme on this album...
Ok, perhaps this is not that hard to predict but it still seems to be kind of true with songs like Get On Your Boots, Moment of Surrender, Winter and Cedars of Lebanon being on the album.

Question:
will this be a single or double album?

Answer: Single album. It could have easily been a double or even a tripple. They may release more songs after the first release.
Again, not terribly hard to say it would be a single album, but to say they might release something more is kind of interesting.

Question:
Not just Bono and The Edge has described their amount of material for this album. Adam mentioned something last summer about having 30-40 small pieces to build the album on when that day would come.
According to you, that seems to be true but we won't get a double/triple album this time. So I'm wondering; will we get any original b-sides with this album?

Answer: There will not be a tradional "b sides" album, though you will hear many of the outtakes and "b sides" on subsequent projects, and internet only releases.
Corbijn (downloadable) movie, Online widget, possibly Spider-Man Musical as well.

Question:
Yo Loris,

Does Edge use his infinite guitar on this one? Only used this for WOWY I think?

Anything to rival or beat Streets as an unbelievable get up and jump around in a Stadium song?

Cheers papa bear

Answer:
LORIS: Yes on both questions. It's mixed and produced to sound very different however.
In my opinion it was a pretty bold prediction to say Edge would use an infinite guitar again on this album, and it turns out he is - on two songs! (Winter, Breathe)

Question:
How much staying power will the album have - not just on the billboard charts - but with the public, as well? Also, when all is said and done, where will "No Line on the Horizon" (album) rank on U2's 'Top-Selling Album' list?

Answer:
I forgot to answer the question! Slow Lorises are not only slow but forgetful. But hey, we are damn cute. Anyway...this album will take the world by storm with a # 1 single right off the bat...kind of like 'Dischoteque', but without the quick dropoff. The rest of the album will sustain itself as well, unlike Pop. This album will rival Achtung Baby in world wide album sales, beating ATYCLB and Atomic Bomb.

Get On Your Boots was described as Discotheque meets The Fly by hey you, our italian HMV employee, right? But was this after Ben's beach clips was leaked?

I found a few other quotes interesting, looking back on them, but I'm not sure people would agree with me on that so I decided to leave them out of this post for now.

I think I kind of believe it a bit more, but I'm still skeptical. I do think the infinite guitar comment could actually be dead on. We read and heard about some of the stuff he's doing with it on Winter and Breathe. I even think U2.com had a quick clip of him using it on a song, it was Breathe right?

interesting.

I saw what Utoo wrote and I added something here, but I don't want to spoil any fun either.

Wasn't the "infinite guitar" stuff Edge has been working on actually done on a Fernandes guitar with sustainer, a la WOWY on PopMart, Elevation, and part of Vertigo?

I'm not as kind as Axver and Utoo. The Loris is simply a good guesser.

Maybe icicles can heal all energetic lorises. Good riddance if Farrah Fawcett is the healing snow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom