Predict the singles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not necessarily my favourites on the album but the best choices for singles.

California (radio edit without the Santa Barbara intro) - Its high tempo, it's big, it's catchy, it's happy, it's very U2ish but modern. Should've been the lead single the same way Magnificent shoul'dve been.
Every Breaking Wave - just classic sounding U2 but with a modern sound. Bono sounds fantastic.
Volcano - different and slightly unexpected but really cool.

You gotta remember singles mean radio so even though Song For Someone would probably work it might be a bit too slow. Love it though. Also TIWYCRMN could maybe work but again it's radio and the intro and outro are both too long.

I really, really don't understand the hate for Miracle. Don't you guys think of the first time you heard U2? That's what I think of and it changed our lives.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

It's a decent single (unlike Boots), though IMO the weakest song on the album (just like Boots).

My main issue is : if you make a song all about how you felt when hearing Joey Ramone/the Ramones, then maybe it could actually, y'know, sound like the Ramones ?

It's a decent single (unlike Boots), though IMO the weakest song on the album (just like Boots).

My main issue is : if you make a song all about how you felt when hearing Joey Ramone/the Ramones, then maybe it could actually, y'know, sound like the Ramones ?

It's not even really a decent single when you consider the other options they had. I honestly think they chose it simply for the apple commercial. the guitar riff sounds good for a one minute commerical. I don't dislike The Miracle but yeah it's between that and Cedarwood Road for "worst" song on the album I think. The Miracle almost comes off as though U2 are trying too hard to be cool. If they wanted to have a rocker as the lead they should've went with Volcano which isn't trying to be cool at all. It just is cool.

There's a lot of single material on there.

I have a maybe stupid question: Has "The Miracle" been officially released as a single yet or will it be after the physical album release? If there's an official single I guess there will be a video as well, any news on that? And I guess it has to be a "commercial" single in order to get on the charts? (Sorry I'm a bit out of the loop at the moment).

Why do people hate U2 releasing "rock" songs? Cant always be 6 minute epic stadium anthems,the miracle is the sound of 4 guys having a blast and singing about what influenced them. I love it!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using U2 Interference mobile app

Singles:
California
EBW
Song for Someone

BTW.
Never understood hate towards Boots. It´s a great song. I enjoy it a lot. I think it is more exciting than Vertigo and with time distance it shows more and more. Vertigo is more straight forward, which is good, but a bit predictable, while Boots has that arabic vibe in the chorus, the "let me in the sound" section and interesting choice of different drums. Moreover No line album didn´t have any other possible hit singles, except maybe the track "No line on the horizon".

Singles:
California
EBW
Song for Someone

BTW.
Never understood hate towards Boots. It´s a great song. I enjoy it a lot. I think it is more exciting than Vertigo and with time distance it shows more and more. Vertigo is more straight forward, which is good, but a bit predictable, while Boots has that arabic vibe in the chorus, the "let me in the sound" section and interesting choice of different drums. Moreover No line album didn´t have any other possible hit singles, except maybe the track "No line on the horizon".

:up:

I don't know who makes their decisions regarding singles... but whoever it is needs to be shot.

Back
Top Bottom