Predict the first leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
My prediction:

First single: No Line On The Horizon

Leak Date: (I would've thought we'd heard it by now), but forgeting that: August 6th.

Go.

I predict the first single to be released will be leaked and it will be leaked before it's official release date.

September 14th.

I believe we heard Vertigo Sep 23. So I'll speed it up about week and a half this time.

The day it hits radio... a la Window in the Skies (and Vertigo, if I recall correctly? I'm not sure, perhaps someone can fill me in). We'll get a radio rip on or around the day it is to be released (perhaps a DJ will play it early). Not to be pessimistic, I'd love for it to leak early!:hyper:

Did Vertigo leak just slightly before radio?, I can't quite remember.

From memory, Triple J radio in Australia were to be the first station worldwide to play the song, being in a pretty good timezone for it. There were then threats from other networks that they would play the song first, so triple J decided to leak it early.

They were under strict embargo not to play it, so they concocted a story if I recall correctly. the radio ad that came out said

"Everyone is waiting to hear the new U2 single, that is released worldwide tomorrow. But we at triple J thought, let's save people some time, so we found it online"

Obviously, as everyone here would know, it wasn't available online, but they said that so that they apparently weren't playing the embargoed version.

August 24th...for the first single....

Mid September for the album at the latest.

From memory, Triple J radio in Australia were to be the first station worldwide to play the song, being in a pretty good timezone for it. There were then threats from other networks that they would play the song first, so triple J decided to leak it early.

They were under strict embargo not to play it, so they concocted a story if I recall correctly. the radio ad that came out said

"Everyone is waiting to hear the new U2 single, that is released worldwide tomorrow. But we at triple J thought, let's save people some time, so we found it online"

Obviously, as everyone here would know, it wasn't available online, but they said that so that they apparently weren't playing the embargoed version.

God bless Triple J. :heart: I actually think I remember that ...

God bless Triple J. :heart: I actually think I remember that ...

I remember when a radio add came out and got leaked that had something like "this is U2's New single and we will play it first" or something in the same lines and they played MW as well as other snippets of other U2 songs and then at the end of the commercial they put a snippet maybe a few seconds of vertigo and it sounded fucking amazing! Then I think by that evening it had fully leaked and by the next day the single was actually released to all radios. Was a great moment!

Both ATYCLB and HTDAAB leaked about three weeks before the release date.
My guess for the album leak would be early November.

The single will leak the last couple weeks of August, because I'm sure the release date will be the first week of september. The album will leak 2 weeks before its official release, so the first 2 weeks of october. Predicted leak date for the single: 8/21. For the album, 10/9.

Whenever U2Man figures out which cd he stole from Edge has the new material on it. Hopefully, it hasn't been eaten by a dog already...

i'd say September too. U2 are having holidays and PM in Dublin is closing.

I'm surprised about u2.com, they filmed the video in Cadiz and we didn't get a word from the official site. Usually they like to put news at first! :hmm:

The official site probably had no idea that U2 was making a music video.

Or that the album is finished, for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom