Post your fake album art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw this photograph today and thought it would be a perfect cover for Songs of Ascent, should it ever come to pass. It's from French photographer Olivier Föllmi, who has published several books of photos from his travels in the Himalayas. I played around with some fonts, but decided that the picture stands best alone, much like the photo on NLOTH.

ascent.jpg

Great choice; absolutely gorgeous. It has that lonely, determined feel a pilgrimage photo should convey, and, unlike NLOTH, presents a sort of opacity. It's the sort of image that should mirror the final product of Ascent, assuming it will see the light of day (not holding my breath there).

Great choice; absolutely gorgeous. It has that lonely, determined feel a pilgrimage photo should convey, and, unlike NLOTH, presents a sort of opacity. It's the sort of image that should mirror the final product of Ascent, assuming it will see the light of day (not holding my breath there).

Thanks, better than I could have said it. I also like how the path divides the photo in half horizontally, much like the horizon on NLOTH.

I saw this photograph today and thought it would be a perfect cover for Songs of Ascent, should it ever come to pass. It's from French photographer Olivier Föllmi, who has published several books of photos from his travels in the Himalayas. I played around with some fonts, but decided that the picture stands best alone, much like the photo on NLOTH.

ascent.jpg

This is gorgeous and perfect.

Where would we be without LemonMelon, seriously?

Good thread he started here.

I nominate LemonMelon for Top 5 best posters on this message board.

Apologies for the megabump, but I also didn't think that this exactly deserved its own new thread. Anyway, I made a new cover for The Bomb. I kept to the same style, I just wanted similar cover without the creepy benchmen. It's the exact same cover as the Unreleased and Rare disc, but with the different title.

Great thread, by the way. :up:

64a7dab5.png

ascent.jpg

Fantastic, and a great connection to No Line on the Horizon!

ascent.jpg

Had U2 released "Songs of Ascent" as a companion piece to NLOTH, I think this would have been the perfect cover. It keeps with stark black and white imagery, with that "horizon" aspect. Instead of "no line", it has a crooked line, that, of course, is ascending. So it would have made a perfect cover.

But alas, it appears this album is no more.

Back
Top Bottom