Post your fake album art

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know nothing about making covers, but what do you think about this?

NLOTHIV.jpg

I don't like it very much...I'll try something else tomorrow. Maybe too much green?

I like what you're trying to do here, but the blue and green both are way too strong. They could use some blandifying.

I like what you're trying to do here, but the blue and green both are way too strong. They could use some blandifying.

Yeah, I know... I'll try something with those colors again later
But now I'm trying something new:

NLOTHV.jpg

Maybe it doesn't even need the U2 logo and the name of the album on the cover. Like Dark Side...is just something that sticks in your mind.

Yeah, I know... I'll try something with those colors again later
But now I'm trying something new:

NLOTHV.jpg

Maybe it doesn't even need the U2 logo and the name of the album on the cover. Like Dark Side...is just something that sticks in your mind.

:lmao: U2 GO GAY!11

:wink:

But seriously, I think that cover is very pretty indeed. :up:

I don't know nothing about making covers, but what do you think about this?

NLOTHIV.jpg

I don't like it very much...I'll try something else tomorrow. Maybe too much green?

Nice colour combo, I'd be all for that, there should be a picture of something significant on an album cover though I reckon, something with meaning, or something representative and iconic of where U2 are at the moment, like the joshua tree and the zooropa baby. A lot of this depends on the lyrical themes in the album, which we know bugger all about.....aside from a few mentions about a war correspondant and a dodgy phone talking to it's user.

Nice colour combo, I'd be all for that, there should be a picture of something significant on an album cover though I reckon, something with meaning, or something representative and iconic of where U2 are at the moment, like the joshua tree and the zooropa baby. A lot of this depends on the lyrical themes in the album, which we know bugger all about.....aside from a few mentions about a war correspondant and a dodgy phone talking to it's user.

Well, when the album gets released we'll be able to get the lyrics and I'm sure this thread won't die cause....y'know....the actual cover will probably suck. :wink:
So we'll keep posting fake covers with more meaning. :D

^ thr problem with HTDAAB cover is manyfold:

1. band on cover
2. no theme, just photo of the band (JT at least had a theme)
3. black and white photo to give the impression they have tried
4. generic colouring border (red and black to fool emos into buying it)
5. EVERY ONE OF THEM LOOKS LIKE THEY HAVE ICE-CREAM SANDWICHES IN THEIR BACK POCKETS TO LURE CHILDREN TO THEIR GINGERBREAD HOUSES
6. Edge holding his genitalia
7. Bono's OBVIOUS photoshopped head
8. Larry doesnt look totally bored (obviously very fake)
9. it sucks
10. we waited for years for that
11. it didnt suit the music
12. it didnt suit the title

Wow, its 3AM here, but that woke me up. :lol: I disagree about the black and red though, I liked that. #9 is priceless and well stated though.

Corbijn is so talented, and knows them so well, and there's plenty of other great photos from the era (including the back cover), it doesn't bug me as much as most people around here, but yeah it could have been a hell of a lot better.

I think that one with the kid is pretty lame honestly. The kid looks like he was cut from another brighter picture and plopped onto that picture.

Even if it weren't for that I just really don't like it. It reminds me of a Nickleback album cover or something. If that were the new album cover I'd think it was their worst.

All those colours are making me :drool:. Nice use of colours Mr Mac

Thanks Vlad. :D

That's pretty cool.

But the band is probably going to be on the cover, again.

Thanks Sicy...
Yeah, that's what I think too. Well, maybe they are on the cover but in a decent photo that relates to the album this time. :wink:

Well, like I said I'm bored...so there's another one:

NLOTHVI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom