Post-NLOTH album partially/totally complete? / Two Albums?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It would be great if the next album came out in 2010, kind of like what Radiohead did with Kid A and Amnesiac. That would be sweet. :)

That's the cool part I got out of the interview. A bunch of us have felt for a while that we're probably getting another album within 2 years of NLOTH, if not even late this year.

But I've never heard that particular description of WAS---"the time it takes for him to die." :ohmy: :drool: That's just cool.

Yeah, I got a little chill from that. Wow! very powerful! I can't wait to hear it.

White As Snow: U2's most intimate song | Music | guardian.co.uk

Scroll down to the bottom.

"It's kind of pastoral," said Bono. It bodes well for the album that will follow No Line On the Horizon, which has, he says, "the idea of pilgrimage at its centre", and is made up of the "quieter, more meditative songs" that did not make it on to this one. "Intimacy is the new punk rock," Bono added, laughing. But is it the new stadium rock?

Discuss!

Great find Bram!

I personally think that Bono's attempt to write in the third person is going to be fantastic. White as Snow seems to be a perfect example of the power of that kind of song writing. :up:

That's the cool part I got out of the interview. A bunch of us have felt for a while that we're probably getting another album within 2 years of NLOTH, if not even late this year.

But I've never heard that particular description of WAS---"the time it takes for him to die." :ohmy: :drool: That's just cool.

:ohmy: Whoa...I've got chills here as well. Sounds like it'll be one hell of a powerful song. They'd better play it live...if there was ever a song written for the B-stage, it's this.

So would this mooted album be completely separate from the Spiderman project that's supposed to be coming out?

yeah, i keep thinking they could rework a handful of the spiderman songs + all this stuff they have leftover from nloth and have a full album fairly easily (if thats possible for u2). who knows how they have worked on all the spiderman stuff. even if they are completely separate projects, i could see them thinking of how some of the songs would fit with other material as they are working on them both.

i doubt they are going to release all the spiderman music as a u2 album. if a lot of the music is written for a larger band/orchestra, maybe there are cetain songs that lend themselves to u2 tweaking and doing as a band.

maybe that is factoring in with all this talk of another album quicker. or maybe we will never even hear the spider man stuff from u2 as a band.

2861U2: Uhhh... are you sure that first name belongs in this list?
yes i'm sure and he 'W' is one of the worst criminals of the last 10 years...blinded by stupitidy, alcohol, drugs and bad religion.

the next album should be titled MORDOR
it should contain 12 new psalms about the hypocricy of the modern world as we know it by now.

the album after the next album should be titled DICKHEAD
it should contain 12 heavymetal type tracks like BUSH, HITLER, STALIN, MUGABE, NERO, PUTIN, SADDAM, KHOMEINI etc; because BONOs running on empty of quality lyrics he shoud co-write with his old pal Henry Rollins!!

Good god :coocoo:

Yeah, I got a little chill from that. Wow! very powerful! I can't wait to hear it.

Great find Bram!

I personally think that Bono's attempt to write in the third person is going to be fantastic. White as Snow seems to be a perfect example of the power of that kind of song writing. :up:

Thanks! This was my first ever attempt at starting a thread--I was pretty nervous :wink:

HA!

I started ONE thread before and it was based on a horrible fake link.

I hope that experience didn't leave you gun shy. :wink: I've seen so many repetitive/unwarranted threads started and berated with such swift and damning responses (of which I am sometimes guilty), that I'll probably maintain my frequency at one thread every 5 years.

we don't even know what NLOTH is like...and we are talking about a follow up already?

we don't even know what NLOTH is like...and we are talking about a follow up already?

qft.

I hope that experience didn't leave you gun shy. :wink: I've seen so many repetitive/unwarranted threads started and berated with such swift and damning responses (of which I am sometimes guilty), that I'll probably maintain my frequency at one thread every 5 years.

I have definitely jumped on a couple of those bandwagons.

Karma is going to be a bitch for us.

yes i'm sure and he 'W' is one of the worst criminals of the last 10 years...blinded by stupitidy, alcohol, drugs and bad religion.

I'm not going to waste my time... this album has me in too good of a mood.

Have fun on whatever planet you're on. :wave:

One more thing: if U2 do follow up Bono's stated plan to release an album of this nature, it won't be their next ALBUM/world takeover plan. It would likely be something that tied into this whole NLOTH album/tour period, so that it wouldn't have to stand up under the usual U2 album pressure.
:up::up::applaud:

November next year would be fantastic. :yes:

But somehow i'm thinking early 2011.

I would LOVE a ballads album!!!! I'm now resorting to James Blunt for the quiet hours :)

I don't want ballads or rockers. I want exactly what he said--meditative music. You guys need to think outside the 00s U2 box of songs.

Back
Top Bottom