Post Here If You're Still Holding Out Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still holding out?

• Total voters
I'm excited to see the rest of the Letterman shows all this week. It's on so late here, good thing I don't have any early classes:D

Did you have that listening party with your friends?

Oooh breathe was really good on letterman, I just watched it on youtube. In fine form there :rockon:

Yes ,I did! :D We set a time and we all listened to it at exactly the same time at our own homes........I got texts counting down and everything :lol: then it was like 'go, go, go' play, play, play'. :up:

Then when it had finished, we were texting what ya think? :lol: and I rang my other friend who was in the listening party as well..........funny we all liked the same ones and all weren't sure of the same song, weird :D

I cannot wait for our listening/review party for the holder outerers. :hyper:

Oooh breathe was really good on letterman, I just watched it on youtube. In fine form there :rockon:

Yes ,I did! :D We set a time and we all listened to it at exactly the same time at our own homes........I got texts counting down and everything :lol: then it was like 'go, go, go' play, play, play'. :up:

Then when it had finished, we were texting what ya think? :lol: and I rang my other friend who was in the listening party as well..........funny we all liked the same ones and all weren't sure of the same song, weird :D

I cannot wait for our listening/review party for the holder outerers. :hyper:

That's so awesome. Sounds like you guys had a fun little listening party:D
Uhhh i'm trying to waste time but im still looking at the clock constantly:lol:

That's so awesome. Sounds like you guys had a fun little listening party:D
Uhhh i'm trying to waste time but im still looking at the clock constantly:lol:

Ohh yeah, I was like that yesterday, clock watching :lol:
Yep it was a great idea for a listening party.......I thought it was funny how we all weren't sure of unknown caller.....:lol: It does sound better the more you listen though:up:
And we all loved magnifcient :drool: :heart: Also my friend said if you play the cd too much it will wear out and it'll start skipping and stuff:ohmy:

And i have to say I had the BEST sleep last night :lol:

How long to go now Kristen? :hyper:

I'm waiting for the boxset to arrive from BarnesandNoble.com, so that could be any time this week. I'll just hold out for the boxset. If I had gone to the LA pop-up thing last night, I would have bought a second CD, but since I'm broke and already have one on order, I'll just keep playing the waiting game. I have a feeling it will be worth it ;)

Ohh yeah, I was like that yesterday, clock watching :lol:
Yep it was a great idea for a listening party.......I thought it was funny how we all weren't sure of unknown caller.....:lol: It does sound better the more you listen though:up:
And we all loved magnifcient :drool: :heart: Also my friend said if you play the cd too much it will wear out and it'll start skipping and stuff:ohmy:

And i have to say I had the BEST sleep last night :lol:

How long to go now Kristen? :hyper:

Sounds awesome:D
Umm I have about 2 and a half hours to go:hyper:
I swear this class is gonna drag on

I'm waiting for the boxset to arrive from BarnesandNoble.com, so that could be any time this week. I'll just hold out for the boxset. If I had gone to the LA pop-up thing last night, I would have bought a second CD, but since I'm broke and already have one on order, I'll just keep playing the waiting game. I have a feeling it will be worth it ;)

:wave:I hope it gets there soon for ya
Happy Holding out

Yes, the waiting is totally worth it :up: :D

Sounds awesome:D
Umm I have about 2 and a half hours to go:hyper:
I swear this class is gonna drag on

:wave:I hope it gets there soon for ya
Happy Holding out

OMG 2 and a half hours is no time at all :hyper:

I'm listening and watching electrical storm on youtube..........god I love that song :heart:
I don't get it though, is there two different versions of it? apart from the william orbit one on the best of? :hmm:

It is 12 noon eastern standard time where I am at. I am leaving work early - round
4:00ish to pay my rent. THEN I AM JETTING TO THE MALL TO BUY THE CD. Turning around, coming home and cranking up my stereo. I've only heard GOYB and Winter still, never caved into any leaks or videos or Letterman.

Roughly 5 hours to go!!!!!!!! I want to hear your reviews tonight you guys and gals. Also, what's this about everyone being on facebook, I want in on this. :(

OMG 2 and a half hours is no time at all :hyper:

I'm listening and watching electrical storm on youtube..........god I love that song :heart:
I don't get it though, is there two different versions of it? apart from the william orbit one on the best of? :hmm:

Oh song is my fav:heart:
Yeah i'm pretty sure I heard another version of it a while ago. It sounds a bit different.

Oh song is my fav:heart:
Yeah i'm pretty sure I heard another version of it a while ago. It sounds a bit different.

Its fast becoming one of my favs. I'm in love with it :heart: just a bit confused about these two versions? apparently theres the william orbit one which is on best of, but then theres a band version which is slower or something.

Ahhhh I'm in love :lol: :heart:

'you're in my mind all of the time
i know thats not enough.............'

Do you have any favourites yet?:wave:

i do . . . but i'll wait till you've heard it first
its interesting cuz there are definitely songs that jump out on the first listen and then as you go back and dig a little deeper other songs move to the front and suprise you . . . :heart:

I'm still waiting.

Those who know me well can't believe I haven't listened yet. :lol:

From the Ryan Adams song "Cherry Lane". :D

a lot of my friends couldn't believe I held out either - especially as I was naughty and got a copy of the album when it made a suprise early appearance . . . and was then played cover to cover on the website and on a radio station or two here! gotta love resolve :D

Yes! :hyper: But...Amazon said that my box set shipped yesterday, and judging by the tracking location, I'm thinking I could get it by Wednesday. So.........do I muster up a little more patience or just snap up a copy of the CD tomorrow?? :laugh:

Okay, will confess that I didn't have that much patience - took a stroll past my local record store the day before it was supposed to hit the stores . . . it was there . . . . I grabbed it :) (and now that my box set has arrived will be 'gifting' my cd to a girlfriend who isn't working at the moment so won't buy it till she gets a job)

yep, we should have our own little review party chuck all our thoughts about the album out there. :applaud:

can I come and play too - that sounds like fun :yes:

its interesting cuz there are definitely songs that jump out on the first listen and then as you go back and dig a little deeper other songs move to the front and suprise you . . . :heart:

Of course, the more the merrier :applaud: we just need to organise it. :up:
i agree with you on the album, when you go back and listen there's some hidden gems :heart:

Its fast becoming one of my favs. I'm in love with it :heart: just a bit confused about these two versions? apparently theres the william orbit one which is on best of, but then theres a band version which is slower or something.

There was also a third version with a much more pronounced guitar intro and guitars during the chorus. May have been a demo, I cannot find it now.

It is 12 noon eastern standard time where I am at. I am leaving work early - round
4:00ish to pay my rent. THEN I AM JETTING TO THE MALL TO BUY THE CD. Turning around, coming home and cranking up my stereo. I've only heard GOYB and Winter still, never caved into any leaks or videos or Letterman.

Roughly 5 hours to go!!!!!!!! I want to hear your reviews tonight you guys and gals. Also, what's this about everyone being on facebook, I want in on this. :(

Way to go for not caving:wave:
I'll be on here with my thoughts as soon as I pick it up in a few hours.

Oh yeah.

That's the stuff.

:)

:wave:

Yeah that song as always been on of my favs. I always blast it in the car. It's just so beautiful:heart:

Im sure I'll have some favs from the first listen too.
Everyone's invited to come play in here:wave:
Well off the class now and then straight to HMV. See u all in a bit!

Listening to that album last night after midnight was an awesome experience....my wife and I sat up til almost 2am enjoying the album and watching them on Letterman. There is no reason why this album should not be huge. No one else is making music like this. Of course, no one else has made music close to what they have been doing in the past 30 years. This is why they are the best. It's a musical journey....

:wave:

thanks.:up: oooh really a third version? :heart:

as far as i know only me & kristen have added each other on facebook.....:up: dunno if anyone else has ?

ooooh happy listening:hyper::applaud:

Yeah it is called:

Electrical Storm, Radio One Mix - it was a version that was played in the U.K. and Australia right when the song first leaked. I think it's the best version but I cannot find it, if anyone on here has it or knows where to get it, send me a message on here telling me where.

Yeah it is called:

Electrical Storm, Radio One Mix - it was a version that was played in the U.K. and Australia right when the song first leaked. I think it's the best version but I cannot find it, if anyone on here has it or knows where to get it, send me a message on here telling me where.

Yep what he said ^ :D

I only have the william orbit version that is on the best of......but apparently there is another version, a band version or something? this is confusing :lol: I don't think there's much difference, from what I understand, the william orbit mix has a longer intro and more guitars......:up:

Well I'm still holding out. :)

I'm still holding out because I'm sick as a dog and can't leave the house. :grumpy: I'll probably get it in a day or too. Now back off to bed I go....

Back
Top Bottom