Post Here If You're Still Holding Out Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still holding out?

• Total voters
^ Isn't it sensational . . . I still haven't read the little book yet :)reject:) no time to just sit and devour . . . hoping to get a goosey gander at it this weekend (once the stress of pre-sale stuff has died down :crazy: )

I'm assuming you've listened by now? What are your thoughts . . . which songs jumped out and grabbed you first?

^ wow :huh: that's perserverance

(or do you have the thing downloaded on your ipod, or the digipak stashed away somewhere secretly :hmm: )
Nope. I usually get the emotional atmosphere surrounding the first time I listen to an album or song imprinted on my mind every time I listen to the song. Listening to Pulp's "We Love Life" reminds my of setting up the Christmas tree in my parents' home in 2001, which was just after I bought the album. Pop's "Do You Feel Loved?" reminds me of reading what turned out to be propagandistic US history in my living room and watching cars go outside by as I pumped up the volume; it's then that I really loved the song.

There was this brief period in my first year in undergrad residence when I got into The Church (can't stand them now) and I first listened to this instrumental track (the last one on the album "Priest = Aura") and I was really enjoying it. I look over at my room-mate's computer screen and see this woman being raped; it was shocking and disgusting and disturbing; I looked away after initially not realizing what was going on and then being briefly intrigued because I'd never seen something like that. It turned out he was watching Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange". Never wanted to watch it because of that. Every time when I'd listen to that instrumental, I'd remember that and get disturbed; it pretty much ruined my ability to just appreciate the track.

So, I don't wanna have that happen again. I still haven't heard "In Rainbows"' Arpeggi and 4 Minute Warning; I'm holding out until the mood is right. :)

^ I know what you mean about the emotional atmsophere . . . can't believe you've waited this long though . . . I caved the minute the little sucker was available in stores near me :lol:

Its a beautiful thing to get it right though and yes, Clockwork Orange is a nasty one . . . I remember going to see it in this seedy little theatre on a really cold and miserable night & thanking god that my boyfriend (now husband) had come along with me and my girlfriend that night . . . both of us were left somewhat traumatised by that little piece of cinema . . . thankfully old age and mummy brain have wiped most of it from my mind these days :lol:

Hope the emotional atmosphere readies itself for you soon :)

^ Isn't it sensational . . . I still haven't read the little book yet :)reject:) no time to just sit and devour . . . hoping to get a goosey gander at it this weekend (once the stress of pre-sale stuff has died down :crazy: )

I'm assuming you've listened by now? What are your thoughts . . . which songs jumped out and grabbed you first?

I've listened to it several times all the way through and think it's great. "Breathe" and "Crazy Tonight" have really stuck out. I think "Magnificent" is going to be amazing live. I'm having fun picking out the Eno and Lanois parts, and love how much Edge is on the record. Totally worth the wait.

I've listened to it several times all the way through and think it's great. "Breathe" and "Crazy Tonight" have really stuck out. I think "Magnificent" is going to be amazing live. I'm having fun picking out the Eno and Lanois parts, and love how much Edge is on the record. Totally worth the wait.

:yes: . . . I just love that its a grower . . . a slow burner that you can appreciate a little more with each new listen . . . I haven't bashed it to death (well, I can't really . . . there are 4 other sets of ears in this house and they are tolerant . . . to a point :lol:) . . . so its a bit of an event every day to grab some time to listen

Can not wait to see what they do with these songs live . . . really dying to hear Breathe, Magnificent and No Line live . . .think they will be extraordinary :yes:

:yes: . . . I just love that its a grower . . . a slow burner that you can appreciate a little more with each new listen . . . I haven't bashed it to death (well, I can't really . . . there are 4 other sets of ears in this house and they are tolerant . . . to a point :lol:) . . . so its a bit of an event every day to grab some time to listen

Can not wait to see what they do with these songs live . . . really dying to hear Breathe, Magnificent and No Line live . . .think they will be extraordinary :yes:

Yeah I can't wait to hear these songs live either:wave:
I think No Line as the opener would be amazing:hyper:

Yeah I can't wait to hear these songs live either:wave:
I think No Line as the opener would be amazing:hyper:

:wave:

I agree, no line would make a fantastic opener methinks :D

Now, when are we having this holder outerers review thread? :applaud:

should we wait till the last cherry has popped? from memory methinks pepokiss has to wait till the end of the week? but it'll be fun to hear what everyone thinks :yes:

should we wait till the last cherry has popped? from memory methinks pepokiss has to wait till the end of the week? but it'll be fun to hear what everyone thinks :yes:

yep I think we should wait til every cherry has popped! :D Oh well, end of weeks not bad........be great fun to see what everyone thinks :applaud: I think we will have better and more positive reviews on the album cos we weren't wrapped up in the hype surrounding the leak........

Well didn't that sound clever? :lol:

yep I think we should wait til every cherry has popped! :D Oh well, end of weeks not bad........be great fun to see what everyone thinks :applaud: I think we will have better and more positive reviews on the album cos we weren't wrapped up in the hype surrounding the leak........

Well didn't that sound clever? :lol:

:yes: :lol:

should be a blast - and hopefully everyone will have settled a little after all the craziness surrounding tour dates and such :crazy: . . . can't even think about tours and ticket sales without getting an ugly little stress knot it my belly . . . and the shows haven't even been announced for Oz yet . . .I'm going to have a nervous breakdown between now and 2010 :lmao: . . .

have a gorgeous afternoon / evening . . .off to start my day

happy listening

:hug:

What's the plan?

lock myslef in the bathroom with my CD Radio...

maybe the 12th I'll come out of there

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool:

finally, I get to hear this...

I'm not mega-enthusiastic about it, some songs really I don't understand them being even made ( Cedasr of Lebanon ), but... that's just after 1 listen

now I'm on my 2nd one, away and out of the bathroom :D

NLOTH - I prefer NLOTH 2
Magnificent - Good, but has to grow a little more
MOS - nice, but needs to grow more
UC - halfway through I'm hooked
Crazy Tonight - :love: "The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear" OH HELL YEAH!!!
GOYB - I think I love this even more everytime I hear it :heart:
SUC - Led Zeppelin all over. but lacks some momentum
FEZ-BB - Fez is nice, and BB is like one of the most adventurous things I've heard... it takes you to so many places is incredible
WAS - the only way I see this being played live is acousticly
Breathe - catchy... have to hear this live... and if it comes seguing UTEOTW, it's GOLD
COL - :no:

I think this could make my TOP 5, at N°5, because it has a lot more replay value than ATYCLB...

as of right now, AB, POP, HTDAAB, JT, NLOTH

that's just after 1 listen, though

BTW: the booklet sucks :angry:, the only picture worthwhile is the one with the sun in the back and the shadows in the ground in that square of sorts...but the CD case is lovely :love: I've never seen one like this

After 1 listen, 3/5 stars
need to hear this on my iPod shuffle
maybe it will rise
now... to download the live stuff!!! :rockon:

:wave: thanks for the support

I actually had the cd in my hot little hand at Target yesterday, but I have one of those 10% off purchases on one day that I wanted to use. Unfortunately, everything else I wanted to buy at Target was out of stock yesterday, so I put the cd back and came home. Yep, because I want to save $1.40 I left it there. :uhoh: The rest of the things I was going to buy should be there at the end of the week, so I'll get it then.

Glad you got it Pepo!!! :up:

It's amazing how our opinions are alike! :lol: I had about the exact same first listen review! Though I thought that SUC is more Aerosmith like than Zepp, but I can see the comparison! And I really love White as Snow's beauty.

Indra, you are learning to act like a cat! I say this as a cat person! :wave:

Well I am one of those crazy cat ladies (I'm down to seven cats right now), so I think that cat-like behaviour might come naturally! :lol:

IT'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:drool:

finally, I get to hear this...

I'm not mega-enthusiastic about it, some songs really I don't understand them being even made ( Cedasr of Lebanon ), but... that's just after 1 listen

now I'm on my 2nd one, away and out of the bathroom :D

NLOTH - I prefer NLOTH 2
Magnificent - Good, but has to grow a little more
MOS - nice, but needs to grow more
UC - halfway through I'm hooked
Crazy Tonight - :love: "The right to appear ridiculous is something I hold dear" OH HELL YEAH!!!
GOYB - I think I love this even more everytime I hear it :heart:
SUC - Led Zeppelin all over. but lacks some momentum
FEZ-BB - Fez is nice, and BB is like one of the most adventurous things I've heard... it takes you to so many places is incredible
WAS - the only way I see this being played live is acousticly
Breathe - catchy... have to hear this live... and if it comes seguing UTEOTW, it's GOLD
COL - :no:

I think this could make my TOP 5, at N°5, because it has a lot more replay value than ATYCLB...

as of right now, AB, POP, HTDAAB, JT, NLOTH

that's just after 1 listen, though

BTW: the booklet sucks :angry:, the only picture worthwhile is the one with the sun in the back and the shadows in the ground in that square of sorts...but the CD case is lovely :love: I've never seen one like this

After 1 listen, 3/5 stars
need to hear this on my iPod shuffle
maybe it will rise
now... to download the live stuff!!! :rockon:

:wave: thanks for the support

WooHoo u finally got it:hyper:
Hope you enjoy!

Weeeeee heeeeeeee

Pepo Popped his NLOTH Cherry :applaud:

Great little first time listen review

Were you wrinkly by the time you got out of the bath :lol:

Come back when you've had some more time with it and let us know yeah?

The beginning of Stand Up Comedy reminds me of a song called 'Honeymoon is Over' by an Aussie band called The Cruel Sea . . .:shrug:

Indra . . . are you still on the island then? What prize can we give to the NLOTH Survivor winner . . . .:hmm:

how's about a slice of . . . .

Cherry_Pie72.jpg

:D

Back
Top Bottom