Post Here If You're Still Holding Out Part 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Are you still holding out?

• Total voters
I went to HMV here they didnt have the Boxset or the Digipack but I got both the standard and magazine version. The cashier asked me if I was sure I wanted both because both contained the album...I said yes I want them both and I will be back later to get the others when you have them in stock.

I think this album deserves to sell well and I will do my part to make that happen :)

I'm still holding out for the deluxe reissue.

ooooooh

My box set came!!! :hyper:

isn't it lovely :)

I bought the Deluxe Edition, the iTunes Edition and the Standard Edition...but I'm still holding out...:yes:

What for, I have no idea...:shrug:

that's crazy :lol: . . . so you haven't listened at all???? or are you waiting for some kind of listening party?

I am holding out.

:applaud:

not long to go though and most people will have popped their cherries . . . we could make cherry pie :lol:

I had to change my location because I went to Target last night and bought the regular-edition CD. It's so good!!! I did get an e-mail from Barnes & Noble today that my boxset has shipped and I should expect it Monday. I don't think I could have waited that much longer.

I bought the regular edition at Target and ordered the box set online. My parents called and said that it came already! :shocked: They're gonna bring it to me soon, because I can't wait! :hyper:

The album is very, very good! :drool: While listening the first time, it kept reminding me of other artists that I have on my iTunes (particularly Keane, Moby, Smash Mouth, and The Raconteurs) but not really U2. If I had to compare it to other U2 albums, it's similar in feel to a cross between Pop and Achtung Baby, but is a lot more positive; those albums were a lot darker. Overall, I can't really say that it reminds me of anything specific that they've done before, because it sounds familiar and totally new at the same time.

I must say that "I'll Go Crazy..." does not sound anything like I thought it would! I thought it was gonna be a goofy, rowdy song like "Boots," but it isn't at all. I was also surprised by "Moment of Surrender"; I was so moved by it that I cried the whole time.

I'm still analyzing and appreciating its many nuances, so I'm not going to give a final verdict on how much I like it; at the moment, however, I think it's the best thing U2 have ever done and I am so glad I waited. :up:

As one of the "holder outers" this is one of the best albums U2 has ever done. And the band, based on the live performances, really seem happy about the music they have made for us this time around. They are making music they want to make. And it shines through on this album. Don't listen to the naysayers!! All they say is naaaaay......

As one of the "holder outers" this is one of the best albums U2 has ever done. And the band, based on the live performances, really seem happy about the music they have made for us this time around. They are making music they want to make. And it shines through on this album. Don't listen to the naysayers!! All they say is naaaaay......

:lol: yeah the band really seem genuinely excited about the new songs :yippie:

Ah, I didn't see this thread at all, othewise I would've joined it. I waited until Monday to listen and it was tooooooooootally worth it. :drool:

I'm glad I waited too - so lovely to listen and just let it wash over you a few times as opposed to getting all caught up in the hype and expectation :yes:

I am holding out. Just received it from amazon, but I won't open it for at least another week, probably more.

I bought the regular edition at Target and ordered the box set online. My parents called and said that it came already! :shocked: They're gonna bring it to me soon, because I can't wait! :hyper:

The album is very, very good! :drool: While listening the first time, it kept reminding me of other artists that I have on my iTunes (particularly Keane, Moby, Smash Mouth, and The Raconteurs) but not really U2. If I had to compare it to other U2 albums, it's similar in feel to a cross between Pop and Achtung Baby, but is a lot more positive; those albums were a lot darker. Overall, I can't really say that it reminds me of anything specific that they've done before, because it sounds familiar and totally new at the same time.

I must say that "I'll Go Crazy..." does not sound anything like I thought it would! I thought it was gonna be a goofy, rowdy song like "Boots," but it isn't at all. I was also surprised by "Moment of Surrender"; I was so moved by it that I cried the whole time.

I'm still analyzing and appreciating its many nuances, so I'm not going to give a final verdict on how much I like it; at the moment, however, I think it's the best thing U2 have ever done and I am so glad I waited. :up:

Congrats to you for holding out that long :up:

Good thing you like it(as most of us do)...I know if I waited that long to hear something everybody else had already heard and it ended up sucking,I wouldn't be too thrilled........to put it mildly.

Back
Top Bottom