Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macawaca

War Child
In the new issue of 'Q music magazine' in the UK (released on Tuesday 25th Nov roughly), the editor Paul Rees always has a small editorial comment on the first page about the current issue and often about what's coming up next month. He says that "next month they will be back in the company of old friends, the biggest band in the world". I assume that he is talking about U2 here!! So we should get the new Q magazine around Christmas Eve with U2 on the cover. This would also mean that Paul Rees would also have to presumably meet with the band, do the interview and hear at least some of the new tracks in the next couple of weeks so that they can put it in that issue.

Oasis were on the cover back in the October issue which would have come out in Aug/Sept, so hopefully it is not them. The editor Paul Rees is a big U2 fan I think and has done some of the previous new U2 album reviews/interviews.

*edited to update QTheMusic.com
http://promo.q4music.com/q4music/u2/video.shtml

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeh I thought that as well when I saw it. Its definitely U2, can't wait. Solid news coming very soon I would have thought!!

Good spot mate! Gotta be U2, they always do a big article on them. Only prob in my mind is that from a promotional aspect it's a bit "early"....

I would expect them to have the Feb cover...
:hmm:

Could it be Radiohead? Or even the Stones?

But imagine if it's actually U2 .

U2 Returns.

"Biggest band in the world is back to rewrite the history of rock once again"

or...

"U2 is back with the most important record of the 00's"

Good spot mate! Gotta be U2, they always do a big article on them. Only prob in my mind is that from a promotional aspect it's a bit "early"....

I would expect them to have the Feb cover...
:hmm:

Q normally have a big interview and details of all the songs about 2 months before any big U2 release (HTDAAB and ATYCLB) Dec 24 or so makes sense if the new album is going to be released in Feb/March.

It will definitely be U2, I'd put money on it. As has been said, Q and U2 have a really good relationship, and if it was left another issue it would be February before Q had covered anything to do with the album, which convinces me that the next issue will be all about their return. Anyway, the latest issue has only just come out, I'm sure in the next month before the next one comes out we'll have more information anyway.

It has to be U2. Q magazine was pretty much created for fans of bands like U2, they've always been very supportive of them and U2 in turn always do in-depth interviews with them. Though when big bands appear on the cover it normally means they have an album out the following month, which does sound a tad early, but as everyone else has said, it does sound like U2!!!!
Woo-hoo!!

Q mag is great this month! all about Kings of Leon being best band/album of 2008 and i totaly agree

If they are on the next one, it will be the February issue actually, so the March issue due at the end of January could possibly have review of the new album, which may mean a february release..

It's got to be U2. U2 is the "biggest band in the world" and the Rolling Stones are "The Greatest rock 'n roll band in the world". "Greatest" emphasizing age:wink:

If I remember right they had a big in-depth feature on the new U2 album for HTDAAB and then the next issue after that had the album review in it because it had been released by then.

Coldplay?

I don't think so, they were on the cover on July 2008.

2536851608_1fa33a44bb_b.jpg

An add on telly last night for the Viva La Vida tour informs me that Coldplay are the biggest band in the world right now and Jmag informs me that its the Kings of Leon. Most poeple concur that its the Rolling Stones and if you're still living in the 60s, its the Beatles. Hell they could be talking about the Jonas Brothers! U2 were the biggest in the 80s and briefly when they released ATYCLB. I wouldnt bet on it definately being them.

Probably is U2. Makes sense. If U2 want an early 2009 release, the album needs to be done before Xmas.

Q probably sent a reporter to check up on them in the final stages, so what we'll most likely see is a very nice article on how the album came to be, and where it's probably going to end.

I'm sure we'll get some song titles, and some descriptions that are a little bit more detailed than what we've been given lately (innovative, departure).

Back
Top Bottom