Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who's gonna be the first to make a No Eyeliner On The Horizon joke?

Seriously, I'll be forced to go all PLEBA on you motherfuckers if Bono keeps up this eyeliner bullshit. It is heinous and embarrassing.

it usually really pisses me off, Brandon Flowers did it, and he looked like a tool... But it kinda suits him...

HEY! Did anyone notice that Every Breaking Wave may be a nod to the Beach Clips????

Esp since BC5 could be that song, and you hear waves all through it........:hmm:

let me find the link again.. it wasn't hte one off of the minisite.. theres no new music in it as far as i can hear, just Bono trying on hats and yes, for some shots he is wearing his sunglasses... Adam says that its been four years, time to move on, change the look a bit, add a bit of colour, something to do with the north African theme...

EDIT

HERES THE LINK:U2 - QTheMusic.com

I took the '404 error' address and messed with it a bit to get access... and here we gooo!

Thank u, LARRY IS SUCH A BAD ASS, Edge is chill, Adam is so level headed now...

and Bono's lost it

Hmmm not sure how I feel yet about the eyeliner :hmm:

bonoeyelilner.jpg

I...I...

It's like my Dad walked into the house with eyeliner...

Those song titles are fantastic, all of them (ok, maybe not Stand Up). Not that you can really judge songs based on titles, but it's a good start. I don't want to put down the last 2 albums (which had their moments), but there was a number of lame titles there and I remember I didn't have such a good impression (Peace on Earth? Yahweh? Miracle Drug?)

Not sure about the eyeliner, but I'm all for less shades...

Those song titles are fantastic, all of them (ok, maybe not Stand Up). Not that you can really judge songs based on titles, but it's a good start. I don't want to put down the last 2 albums (which had their moments), but there was a number of lame titles there and I remember I didn't have such a good impression (Peace on Earth? Yahweh? Miracle Drug?)

Not sure about the eyeliner, but I'm all for less shades...

Hmm, I don't know. Crazy Tonight sounds pretty bad (the title, that is).

Hats off to Q, though... they've done this extremely well. The article and the quiz were obviously made by people who did their homework, or are already obsessed fans... it doesn't sound like the lazily written stuff where War, JT, Attyclb, and Huttdab were the only records that they've ever recorded put out by most people.

Possibly, but I think its too upbeat and positive/not atmospheric enough given the description

Yeah, but do you really think U2 wouldn't have played Q this song (Only Love) and that they wouldn't have mentioned it? U2 are clearly proud of this song and it's been done (or close to done) for quite a while. If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd put money on Only Love=Magnificent.

Edit: and the description is very, very brief. Only Love does have an UF sound for sure.

Yeah, but do you really think U2 wouldn't have played Q this song (Only Love) and that they wouldn't have mentioned it? U2 are clearly proud of this song and it's been done (or close to done) for quite a while. If I was a betting man, which I am, I'd put money on Only Love=Magnificent.

Edit: and the description is very, very brief. Only Love does have an UF sound for sure.

Fair enough. I 50% agree with you. We'll soon see! :D

Hopefully U2.com will figure out we have it, and cough up more info in response.

More likely? They don't find out and point us to this article when it's officially released in a couple days.

Just when I was thinking U2.com was on top of things....

Of course, it isn't really fair that we found a way into the site.

I'm going to go ahead and say that, given what we have, I'll say Only Love = Magnificent as well.

Fair enough. I 50% agree with you. We'll soon see! :D

Indeed! I'm so excited. Can't wait to see the final tracklist. If Only Love has changed titles, there will be many nervous fans waiting to see if this song made it onto the album (unless it is obvious from the title that it's the same song).

Does anyone else think Q confused Brian Eno's comments? They claimed he said about Breathe what he's already (allegedly) said about MoS.

Edit: and given that we've heard Breathe, it doesn't quite seem to fit--even though this seems like an ace song.

Does anyone else think Q confused Brian Eno's comments? They claimed he said about Breathe what he's already (allegedly) said about MoS.

Edit: and given that we've heard Breathe, it doesn't quite seem to fit--even though this seems like an ace song.

I don't know. I hope they didn't. I really like the idea that Eno has felt that two of the songs off this album are the best he's ever done with U2.

But I agree. Breathe doesn't seem like something Eno would love. But a seven-minute long atmospheric "one"-esque number featuring bird noises (and probably extreme ambience).... that's Eno.

This is what U2.com should have done.

Nah, I disagree. U2.com shouldn't be writing broad reviews of the album before its release. As the band's site, its job with regard to the new album should be to provide the tracklist, release date, and maybe some pictures & video content. They shouldn't do their own reviews/stories like this---that's the point of a magazine article.

For all we know, though, U2.com may have been planning something like this (though I doubt it). We can't credit Q Mag for coming out with it first----this website isn't supposed to be released until December 28th----someone just found their way into the site & got the posting early.

Hopefully U2.com will figure out we have it, and cough up more info in response.

More likely? They don't find out and point us to this article when it's officially released in a couple days.

Just when I was thinking U2.com was on top of things....

Of course, it isn't really fair that we found a way into the site.

I'm not really sure what "more info" there should or could be, aside from clips of the actual tracks themselves or a complete tracklisting. I wouldn't doubt if, when this Q Mag article is supposed to be posted, U2.com posts to us the complete tracklist & has a link to this article for further reading----which, IMO, is all it should do.

To me, U2.com should present to us facts (tracklists, release dates, performances, etc.) and be a resource for cool music, videos, exclusive videos & performances, etc, as well as some cool & fun visual or interactive features (it's lacking in this latter part, for sure..hopefully the new version will improve). But when it comes to magazine-style articles, I think that all they should do is point us in the right direction. :shrug:

I don't know. I hope they didn't. I really like the idea that Eno has felt that two of the songs off this album are the best he's ever done with U2.

But I agree. Breathe doesn't seem like something Eno would love. But a seven-minute long atmospheric "one"-esque number featuring bird noises (and probably extreme ambience).... that's Eno.

Exactly.

I don't know if I want Eno saying that multiple songs are the best he's ever done with them or not--he might be hanging around with Bono too much.

Back
Top Bottom