Possible U2 cover for next Q music magazine issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
From q4music :applaud::
----------

U2 have revealed their new album is to be called No Line On The Horizon and is lined up for a release date of March 2 next year.

The album, the band's 12th studio release, was written and recorded in various locations including Fez in Morocco. It is the band's first release since nine million-selling 2004 album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. No Line On The Horizon was at one stage expected towards the tail end of this year but the band wanted to complete more material and the release date was pushed back.

You can find more exclusive U2 material - including a behind the scenes video - on qthemusic.com from next week as we ready ourselves for Q271 which features the band on the cover. From Boxing Day we will whet your appetite with a preview shot from our cover shoot with top photographer Gavin Bond.

On December 28, Q's editor in chief Paul Rees will let you know more about the album and its recording and from December 31 we will have a dedicated U2 mini-site which will feature more shots from the cover shoot as well as a video of the band from the photo session, narrated by Adam Clayton. We will also have a U2 quiz. Make a note in your diary.

----------

U2 have revealed their new album is to be called No Line On The Horizon and is lined up for a release date of March 2 next year.

The album, the band's 12th studio release, was written and recorded in various locations including Fez in Morocco. It is the band's first release since nine million-selling 2004 album How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb. No Line On The Horizon was at one stage expected towards the tail end of this year but the band wanted to complete more material and the release date was pushed back.

You can find more exclusive U2 material - including a behind the scenes video - on qthemusic.com from next week as we ready ourselves for Q271 which features the band on the cover. From Boxing Day we will whet your appetite with a preview shot from our cover shoot with top photographer Gavin Bond.

On December 28, Q's editor in chief Paul Rees will let you know more about the album and its recording and from December 31 we will have a dedicated U2 mini-site which will feature more shots from the cover shoot as well as a video of the band from the photo session, narrated by Adam Clayton. We will also have a U2 quiz. Make a note in your diary.

Nice. The machine really is gearing up...

----------

:drool:

The floodgates have opened

hopefully it's better than U2Spain's minisite.

You mean they shouldn't post fake tracklists that you can barely read, and then post notices that the tracklist is fake an hour after people have started trying to read it? ;)

On a related note, methinks that this article will be our source for the tracklist. Dude. :dance:

i wonder if it will be out of order too, like in 2000.

Was that order the same one that was originally on U2.com? I remember they had a different order on the site than what later appeared on the album....I made it a playlist to see what it sounded like & thought it was a little more balanced

I made it a playlist to see what it sounded like & thought it was a little more balanced

yeah, ATYCLB starts out like gangbusters and then fizzles somewhere during the 2nd verse of "peace on earth."

at least "bomb" has OOTS to perk up the 2nd half.

yeah, ATYCLB starts out like gangbusters and then fizzles somewhere during the 2nd verse of "peace on earth."

Ha, I completely disagree. A number of ATYCLB's singles annoy the shit out of me, but the album gets into a groove in the second half IMO.

I don't like how "Stuck in a Moment" is the second song, and then you have "Elevation." That was different in the initial track listing release, right?

You can find more exclusive U2 material - including a behind the scenes video - on qthemusic.com from next week as we ready ourselves for Q271 which features the band on the cover.

For those that have come late into the thread. The current Q magazine January 2009/Q270 cover has Kings of Leon on it. February/Q271 issue is U2 which will be released in January.

:yes:

Bomb tracks 7-11 are considerable improvement over ATYCLB tracks 7-11.

:yes:

Bomb tracks 7-11 are considerable improvement over ATYCLB tracks 7-11.

Really?
To me, Grace is really good. Waaaay better than Yahweh
But I do agree that Wild Honey is nothing next to A Man and a Woman

Yes, really.

Grace is a nice soothing song which would fit on MDH soundtrack. Awfully weak U2 closer though. It doesn't help that after Wild honey they completely aborted the pop/joy song collection intentions.

Really?
To me, Grace is really good. Waaaay better than Yahweh
But I do agree that Wild Honey is nothing next to A Man and a Woman

I think ATYCLB 7-11<<HTDAAB 7-11 but ATYCLB 1-6>>>>>>HTDAAB 1-6

ATYCLB 1-6 is one of the best six song sequences in U2 history, up there with TJT in my book.

I really like the more balanced original tracklisting. Wasn't it The Edge who lobbied for the tracklist as it was on the final album? Strange stuff...

Back
Top Bottom