Possible new video (new pics 11/30/08)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Didn't the shoot in Cadiz only shoot motorcycle shots? And someone said that the band would be included via blue/green screen...that's very much so a blue screen behind bono..

I said this in the other thread but since we have a new thread for the vid I'll repost:

:hmm: this may also be a pointless observation as well but he seems to be wearing the familiar larger hoop earring, a lot more his rocknroll style as compared to the small stud type earrings (or recently none at all) he's mostly been wearing these days... unless my eyes are just being hopeful :wink:

of course it's probably nothing :wink:

Do they normally film on a "blue screen" that's made into a corner?
No, and especially not with enough blue toned lighting to tint everything around, unless we want Bono's body to totally disappear onscreen. I've worked with a blue screen before... one that had just stupidly painted from green to blue... in a place where most people wore blue jeans. It didn't work out well.

It's probably just a white wall/corner. The lighting is making it blue.

No, and especially not with enough blue toned lighting to tint everything around, unless we want Bono's body to totally disappear onscreen. I've worked with a blue screen before... one that had just stupidly painted from green to blue... in a place where most people wore blue jeans. It didn't work out well.

I agree. This doesn't look like blue screen work.

It looks more like regular video footage that might be included along with all of the other stuff. If they were going to shoot blue or green screen footage it would be much more brightly lit to help differentiate Bono from the back ground so he could be plopped into a scene via computer. I also don't think there would be much confusion about whether they were using one of those screens either...they are usually pretty obvious.

This is NOT what they seem to be doing here.

Are there any computer voodoo artists out there that can find a way to read what is on the clipboard?

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can feel it, it has to be close...I mean, they wouldn't tease us like this would they?

Oh snap!

Yeah, the clapboard being right there but unreadable is the most disappointing thing, of course it wouldn't come to that if the band would just say something real once in awhile.

Hahaha I love it: show just enought to get everyone excited :)
I wouldn't be surprised if there is nothing on the clapboard, the whole scene is set up to tease. Probably/hopefully as part of the new U2 video shot a couple of weeks ago.

At the end I think the director yelled "Strobe!" and then a flash started... So somehow I doubt it is a ONE campaign video. Though, I may be wrong.

I agree. This doesn't look like blue screen work.

it's the horizon :wink:

Has U2 ever had a Christmas No1 ?

(Hopefully you can see what I'm trying to imply here)

I think it is for the new video. The guy's flikr-page the video was on was also the art director at one oft the windows in the skies videos. And he had also some small clips on his page where you see a professional shot, that would fit with U2 style (a little bit of Cowoby hats and Joshua tree atmosphere). There is also a famous camera man involved who worked with Romanek an Gondry. So perhaps it isn't a Corbijn Video like mentioned before.
Exact the same time the Bono-video was removed from his page - the clip with the professional video shot sequence was also removed - car driving through a desert Joshua Tree- like landscape.

I think the first single - with this video - will be "Breathe - walk out into the streets"

is it called Brethe or walk out onto the street? either way...it is liley as it´s a fast...single sounding song...

is it called Brethe or walk out onto the street? either way...it is liley as it´s a fast...single sounding song...

Edge mentioned a song in a magazine a couple months back called "Breathe" and described it as a fuck-off rocker or something of the sort, and breathe is definitely an audible lyric from the beach clip. Breaaaaathe, I can breathe after the chorus, or at the end of it.

Back
Top Bottom