Paul Banks (singer Interpol) & U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:hmm: Bono did mention how much he loves Interpol in a recent interview...

maybe Interpol will support U2 on tour :drool:

Bono and Edge have been shitting on about Interpol since their debut. In fact, they’re probably their most consistently name checked band of the past 5 years. I think it would be fair to say that they’ve had quite the impact on them, and I’m guessing if you’re Bono you can get pretty much anyone you want over for a drink, so I guess it’s possibly not a stretch to suggest that they’ve spent some time in each others company. Or perhaps they’re having an affair.

check out interpols first album, 'turn on the bright lights'

an inspiring debut that they haven't lived up to since.

recommended

track4 PDA
track11 Leif Erikson

check out interpols first album, 'turn on the bright lights'

an inspiring debut that they haven't lived up to since.

recommended

track4 PDA
track11 Leif Erikson

No doubt that TOTBL is their best, but the other two take way too much shit. Antics and Our Love to Admire are really solid albums. Not quite up there with Bright Lights, but great albums none the less. Leif Erikson is their best song :up: but the bonus track from OLTA, Mind Over Time, is pretty damn close (why it wasnt a proper album track is beyond me)

If Interpol open for U2...I'd be really disheartened. One of the most disappointing live bands I've ever seen...

No doubt that TOTBL is their best, but the other two take way too much shit. Antics and Our Love to Admire are really solid albums. Not quite up there with Bright Lights, but great albums none the less. Leif Erikson is their best song :up: but the bonus track from OLTA, Mind Over Time, is pretty damn close (why it wasnt a proper album track is beyond me)

I agree. Each album has some amazing tracks. Rest My Chemistry :drool: :drool: :drool: and Mind Over Time is indeed amazing!! love it!! and Leif Erikson is great!! I love Interpol and energy drinks!!

If Interpol open for U2...I'd be really disheartened. One of the most disappointing live bands I've ever seen...

rly? I saw them and loved them. their guitarist is so cool live, and Carlos D is well, Carlos. what a badass.

I think the biggest connection now is that Helena Christenson is dating one of the guys in Interpol and since Helena is practical family to U2 that's a pretty big connection.

Dana

Are you serious? I think I've seen them play on 5 different occasions and they blew my mind every time. The first show I saw them play has got to be in my top 5 shows ever

Pioneer to the Falls from the last album is pretty amazing..

I saw them play a show in a smaller town outside of Toronto a few months before Our Love to Admire came out. They opened the show with Pioneer to the Falls and none of us had heard it before. It made the hair on the back of my neck stand up. Such a powerful song.

Back
Top Bottom