OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 / Speculations Pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't really think so, people probably don't wanna discuss it or theres nothing more to discuss about it. :wink:

The Saints are Coming is probably an example of how U2 can work quickly and could surprise us.

The timeline for Saints was something like this:

bands recorded studio version 5-8 Sep
news of the collaboration broke 9 Sept
bands performed live version 23 Sept
details of the CD single arrived 30 Sep
digital download released 30 Oct
physical CD single released Nov 6

And remember the CD single for Windows in the Skies (also recorded in September) came out on 1 Jan.

Being only 9 October today, I still haven't given up hope for a single this side of Christmas and another early in the new year to promote the album release.

And remember the CD single for Windows in the Skies (also recorded in September) came out on 1 Jan.

Being only 9 October today, I still haven't given up hope for a single this side of Christmas and another early in the new year to promote the album release.
Window in the Skies was awfully done though they didn't release it until after all the buzz for it had dyed down

Next album they need to release singles closer to the radio air date.

Window in the Skies was awfully done though they didn't release it until after all the buzz for it had dyed down

Next album they need to release singles closer to the radio air date.

Agreed. The main problem with the 2 singles in 2006 was the fact U2:18 only had 2 new songs, and they were both planned on being singles.

Anyone buying the album already had both songs. And iTunes allowed people to buy the 2 tracks separately off the album before Windows was officially released as a single (and while Saints was still high in the charts). Also, the Windows video clip came out only 3 weeks or so after the Saints clip.

Hopefully this time around we will get the first single either:
1. hitting the airwaves in a week or 2 and released early-mid November; or
2. hitting the airwaves on 1 January and released late January

Followed by a 2nd single released to radio the same week as the album is released around 6-7 weeks later.

Zero Info

We haven't gotten a single bit of info since Bono's announcement over a month ago.

But Bono's been in NY, etc.
Edge has been out and about.

Why aren't they in the studio? I thought they were writing "their best ever"...?

WTF is going on????

:yell:

We haven't gotten a single bit of info since Bono's announcement over a month ago.

But Bono's been in NY, etc.
Edge has been out and about.

Why aren't they in the studio? I thought they were writing "their best ever"...?

WTF is going on????

:yell:

I told you the album's already recorded,the delay was more to fine tune a song or two and possibly for band member's personal commitments (i.e. mostly Bono's)....but I knew all along that "U2 weren't continuing to write new songs" that was just a excuse to justify them delaying the album.

The new album was all set to be released November 18th,2008(McGuinness told the lead singer from the Killers this when they were in Dublin in late August...the new U2 album would be out a week before the Killers new album is out..and that's out November 25th)and then it got pushed back(band unhappy with a song or two..read Larry....tweaking a song or two,etc.) and U2 couldn't make the cutoff date to have it mixed,mastered and marketed and so instead the album's out in January or Feb...simple as that.

:hyper:

NEW @U2 U2 HAS AN ALBUM PARTY IN HALF MOON BAY
October 17, 2008
posted by: m2

According to our staff in the San Francisco area, there was a party for U2's new album Thursday night in Half Moon Bay, California. One of our staffers was told earlier today that U2 would be at Sam's Chowder House, a highly-rated restaurant overlooking the Pacific Ocean, for an event tonight. On arriving at the restaurant, security wouldn't allow our staffer inside. A restaurant employee, though, later told our staffer that there was a party for U2's new album going on inside. Meanwhile, another staffer called the restaurant and heard loud, U2-sounding music being played in the background while being told there was a private event happening tonight. What we're not sure of is how many (if any) of the band were in attendance. More to come if we learn anything new....

2nd party, lets hope it's the last one and the album is out in january/february :hyper:

I was just about to post that. Sounds like good news to me.

If they're having an album party already, the album should be ready.

Bono and Edge are apparently both in California, so it is very well possible that they attended the party.

Maybe they just wanted to listen back to the mixed part of it, though? :(
Just to see what it sounds like real loud and not risking any leaks this time :giggle:

I think they only make "album parties" once the album is finished (except the one in june/july. they decided to write more songs after that one)
I think I remember reading something about parties like that before HTDAAB and ATYCLB too :hmm:

I think they only make "album parties" once the album is finished (except the one in june/july. they decided to write more songs after that one)
I think I remember reading something about parties like that before HTDAAB and ATYCLB too :hmm:

exactly! normally these parties include record company executives and shit.

this is great news and i believe a new album announcement could come any day now and a new single being out as early as mid to late November!

They said the band would get their arses back in the studio in October to write more material... Where have they been?

well, that 2009 announcement came in early September, and from what i remember, the band was already back in the studio working on things at that time. i could be wrong though.

Agreed. The main problem with the 2 singles in 2006 was the fact U2:18 only had 2 new songs, and they were both planned on being singles.

Anyone buying the album already had both songs. And iTunes allowed people to buy the 2 tracks separately off the album before Windows was officially released as a single (and while Saints was still high in the charts). Also, the Windows video clip came out only 3 weeks or so after the Saints clip.

Hopefully this time around we will get the first single either:
1. hitting the airwaves in a week or 2 and released early-mid November; or
2. hitting the airwaves on 1 January and released late January

Followed by a 2nd single released to radio the same week as the album is released around 6-7 weeks later.

I think the second single should be released the second it hits airwaves; I mean the album is already out so there's no real release date just make sure it's available on iTunes and it can sell; the physical single can come out a few weeks later.

If U2 want to compete in this music era they should do
Week 1:Radio play
Week 2/3: Digital Release
Week 6: Physical Release

The song will rise the charts and peak with the physical release and more people will buy it as they won't be sick of having to hear it for 6 weeks before they can buy it

exactly! normally these parties include record company executives and shit.

this is great news and i believe a new album announcement could come any day now and a new single being out as early as mid to late November!

I think we're more likely to see that single around December but November is a possibility if the album is signed sealed and all but delivered. Either way that Spring projection is looking better and better...

If the album is finished now it would be still possible - with some effort - to release it early december... Just in time for the holiday season... That possibility would appeal to McGuine$$ no? :D

If the album is finished now it would be still possible - with some effort - to release it early december... Just in time for the holiday season... That possibility would appeal to McGuine$$ no? :D

Wishfull thinking, but if that were the case then they would need to do an all out enormous promotional effort to get the word out...I just don't think they have the time or the need to do that.

We MIGHT hear the newest single before the end of 2008, but I highly doubt it. I think they're fixated on 2009 being their year. For them to dominate the entire year that means starting the singles releasing in Mar/April, album in May/June, with them hoping that there are enough singles to keep them on the radio till September/October when they could start their tour.

Thats my guess, and I don't think I'm that far off to be quite honest.

I heard half-way through the party (while listening to the album) Edge looked at Bono, Bono looked at Edge, with a this album isn't quite as finished just yet look :wink:

Bono : Edge, we need to go.
Edge: This thing isn't done, I'll call Larry and Adam, we'll be back in the studios by the morning:
Bono: Great. Have you seen my...
Drunk Record Excecutive: Boys, boys, howwz itt goiin. Heh, this album sounds f***** great.
Bono Looking quietly at the Edge
Drunk R.E.: This thingg iz goin to blow minds come Feburary.
Edge: About that..
Drunk R.E. sobers up with a please not again look

Album release in early 2009.

Digital download, possibly to fanclub members only (though doubtful), in late November.

I heard half-way through the party (while listening to the album) Edge looked at Bono, Bono looked at Edge, with a this album isn't quite as finished just yet look :wink:

Edge: This thing isn't done, I'll call Larry and Adam, we'll be back in the studios by the morning:
Drunk Record Excecutive: Boys, boys, howwz itt goiin. Heh, this album sounds f***** great.

:applaud::lol:

:applaud:

:applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

Back
Top Bottom