Of the remaining beach clips, which is your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2freakboy

War Child
Now that WITS is out there, which of the remaining beach clips is your favorite and why?

For me, it's still definitely 404, but I like 402 as well. The chorus in 404 is one of their biggest ever. The song builds to an incredible level, and I love the Edge's guitar work. However, it's great to hear Larry playing a key role in 402. The beat he provides is great.

U2freakboy said:
Now that WITS is out there, which of the remaining beach clips is your favorite and why?

For me, it's still definitely 404, but I like 402 as well. The chorus in 404 is one of their biggest ever. The song builds to an incredible level, and I love the Edge's guitar work. However, it's great to hear Larry playing a key role in 402. The beat he provides is great.

404 :drool:, I'm sure it'll be the 1st single off the new album. 402 is great also, they just need to lose the Dirty Day guitar part.

roy said:

Do you not think with the Dirty Day guitar part sounds like... eh.. very unoriginal? It's a blatent rip off. :shrug: Is it not?

And the problem is...where? :wink:

ZOOROPA REFERENCING! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Reggie Thee Dog said:
Isn't it funny how been 'cheery' is annoying? :lol:
I can handle cheeriness in some songs, but it just really annoys me in 404 for some reason, I think that part of it is that the song is in first person, if it were second or third person, it probably wouldn't bother me as much :shrug:

LemonMelon said:

And the problem is...where? :wink:

ZOOROPA REFERENCING! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Ah......U2 revisionism is something to be frowned upon unless, of course, they're referencing your own preferred era. Brilliant.

its hard to choose between 402 and 404 :hmm:
the original 400 (WITS) was my least favorite out of the beachclips along with the 'Thank You' song.

now Windows is one of my favorite songs, so i cant wait to hear what the other 2 sound like :drool: :drool:

ETA: does anyone know what date the clips where recorded or when they was leaked on the internet?? thanks :)

Last edited:
roy said:

Ah......U2 revisionism is something to be frowned upon unless, of course, they're referencing your own preferred era. Brilliant.

Actually, if you follow my posts, I'm always the one sticking up for the new/old sound. Revisionism is a good thing if it's done right. :drool:

404 i couldve sworn i heard that song before the beach clips came out...it just seems so familiar

Anyways 404 would be a bigger hit and the chorus is mega and edges guitar solo is awesome....But Larry's drumming in 402 is too good and i want to hear more songs where he can shine, as well as Adam.....i want more bass and drums dammit!

402, though 404 is very close. Love the melody on the verse and Edge's solo. the chorus is huge but perhaps a bit too borderline cheesy... 402 is just awesome, though perhaps unfinished.

I can't wait to hear them finished...I do hope they end up on an album in some form!

roy said:

Do you not think with the Dirty Day guitar part sounds like... eh.. very unoriginal? It's a blatent rip off. :shrug: Is it not?

It's almost identical. I think someone in here once made a recording of both parts over the top of each other and posted it?
I hate it personally. And copying a riff is hardly "Zooropa referencing" it's just riff copying.

Move forward U2.

HolyMeximofoJoe said:
404 i couldve sworn i heard that song before the beach clips came out...it just seems so familiar

Anyways 404 would be a bigger hit and the chorus is mega and edges guitar solo is awesome....But Larry's drumming in 402 is too good and i want to hear more songs where he can shine, as well as Adam.....i want more bass and drums dammit!

Dam well spot on:drool: DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

404 has a cheesy coldplay-sounding chorus, don't like it.

402 is great, wish they would have released that over WITS. WITS is decent though.

go with 402, though i do like 404 as well.

404 will win them a grammy, but 402 is the good stuff.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

According to my LJ archive, the beachclips leaked on the 24th of July.

the first set I have listed on my pc as 19th of July... that's the 17 second one..

I have the separate clips dated august 1... :hmm:

I think my fave is now 402... I like the guitar in it a lot! But 404 is still a great song aswell... has the same catchy-stuck inside your head thing WITS has... :hmm:
403 could be a nice ballad, but since it already is a song, it kinda loses something...

Back
Top Bottom