Of the remaining beach clips, which is your favorite?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah, this is why I love this forum...people's imaginations run rampant here...:lol:

This is just a demo...done some 2 years ago...:rolleyes:

I don't count it as a demo, it's a full song, just unreleased.
all we have is an amateur recording of a fan standing on the beach, but hey after four or five listens your ear adjusts to the background noises and you realize there's a full song in there.

a demo is a draft recording to give the record company / producers a general idea of what the song is about, it could comprise of only guitar, some abstract vocals and a drum machine, and it can be an initial full band version, but the "All my life" beach clip is a bit more than that. you've got st4ructure, lyrics, at least two guitars, full band playing, dynamics, this is a pop song under construction, just not in the final stages and unreleased.

Ok, I gave up trying to upload the beachclips to Save-file and tried MediaFire instead.
I hope that it still works out for you, of course.
PLEASE NOTE: These are the 2006 beachclips!

U2 - Beach Clips July 2006, Eze-sur-Mer, France
beach06-front.jpg

Download Link:
Free File Hosting Made Simple - MediaFire
The link above contains the following:

• Audio:
  • Cedric's Youtube clip of Window In The Skies (18 seconds, Demo version)
  • U2exit.com - beachclips (snippets)
  • Beach Clip #1 DSCN0400 - "Can't You See"/Window In The Skies
  • Beach Clip #2 DSCN0402 - "I Believe"
  • Beach Clip #3 DSCN0403 - "Thank You"/Thank You For The Day
  • Beach Clip #4 DSCN0404 - "All My Life"
  • Beach Clip #5 DSCN0409 - (Obstinate) In Transit by Albert Hammond Jr. (The Strokes)
  • DSCN0404_cleaned - 404 cleaned up by U2Neat.
    Video:
  • All My Life - Fan video by Edge89
    Other things:
  • Information about beachclips+Lanois/Strokes versions, including "lyrics" etc. (.txt)
  • Front cover for iTunes etc. by Edge89

Additional content:

• Two versions of Thank You as performed by Daniel Lanois.
  • Instrumental fan covers of 402, 403, 404 and Window In The Skies + tabs and chords.
  • Two alternate versions of In Transit by The Strokes.
  • Short fanmade mix between Walk On riff and "All My Life" (#404) by Edge89.
Thank you so much. I wish the original poster had put these up in the first post.

I don't count it as a demo, it's a full song, just unreleased.
all we have is an amateur recording of a fan standing on the beach, but hey after four or five listens your ear adjusts to the background noises and you realize there's a full song in there.

a demo is a draft recording to give the record company / producers a general idea of what the song is about, it could comprise of only guitar, some abstract vocals and a drum machine, and it can be an initial full band version, but the "All my life" beach clip is a bit more than that. you've got st4ructure, lyrics, at least two guitars, full band playing, dynamics, this is a pop song under construction, just not in the final stages and unreleased.

Well if a recording is a demo or not is left up to the band. It doesn't matter how elaborate or final it may sound to you, especially in this day and age of recording, it's up the band if it's just a draft or the final product.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom