Numbers...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
All this discussion of numbers, and no one has mentioned the beach clips yet?

Visiongfx said:
Thats weird, 42.

Speaking of coldplay, their new upcoming album (with Eno) is going to be "42 minutes long" and has a special meaning about the number 42.

I guess that number is mysterious...

Hey guys, this is Moises, the guy from the interview in Interference's home page: "The Ethereal Connection: a Synthesis of U2 and The Beatles".http://forum.interference.com/a174751.html. I am fully aware that normally one should not take this things too seriosuly , but it's just that it fits perfectly with my propositions.
I mean, the number 42 popping up from the U2 camp at this moment, when it has been popping out as well from the Coldplay camp. Honestly guys, what do you think. Have you read the Interview, and my website?. Please opine on this. What do you think? Does this have any significance in relation to my proposition? This is not the only indication, there are many others not only in relation to Coldplay but to The Beatles as well.

Moises
www TheEtherealConnection com

Moshepop said:

Hey guys, this is Moises, the guy from the interview in Interference's home page: "The Ethereal Connection: a Synthesis of U2 and The Beatles".http://forum.interference.com/a174751.html. I am fully aware that normally one should not take this things too seriosuly , but it's just that it fits perfectly with my propositions.
I mean, the number 42 popping up from the U2 camp at this moment, when it has been popping out as well from the Coldplay camp. Honestly guys, what do you think. Have you read the Interview, and my website?. Please opine on this. What do you think? Does this have any significance in relation to my proposition? This is not the only indication, there are many others not only in relation to Coldplay but to The Beatles as well.
To complement, these are two links into Coldplay's 42s

http://www.coldplaying.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=3963

wiki.coldplaying.com/index.php/42

turtles.jpg

what if they surprise us and release it earlier than the date for a change of pace....

all kidding aside, i hope bono brings his A game concerning his lyrics this time around.

-42 song album....quadruple album? 4 CD's. 10 vinyl records?

-Brian Eno finally makes his voice heard on the new album with his original lyrics "1, 2, 3, 4...." All recited in higher and higher octaves of G. "It's the first time dogs and whales have the chance to listen to a U2 song." -Edge

-42 separate singles....doing well at number 1, 2, 3,4,5,6......

-"42" - The sequel to "40". Bono plays drums while Larry sings. Edge plays banjo, and Adam uses spoons.

"We wrote it in 10 minutes, recorded it in ten minutes, mixed it in ten minutes, sold it in ten minutes, and it became number 1 in two minutes. Fucking brilliant!!!" - Bono

-"42", the new album with a cover that shows Larry with 42" dreadlocks.

Last edited:
This post works for a couple of threads, but I choose to put it here. In looking at the new Edun line for fall 2008, i came upon something from last season's description:

"This season’s EDUN collection is inspired by the six degrees of dusk. True dusk is the time in which the sun is six degrees below the horizon in the evening - the transition from day to the approaching night when the sun first goes down and creates an after glow in the sky."

six.......horizon....... coincidence... i think not.....

from an old Eno interview... more numbers

“I am interested in the stiff mathematical qualities of music,” says Brian Eno, composer, musician, producer, founding member of Roxy Music and serious student of cybernetics.

“There is a quality of music which the Velvet Underground and the early Who had, which was a kind of stiff totalitarian thing, that was not at all like the fluid, sensual quality of black music,” he continues.

“And what I am interested in is what happens when those two are married. I think it would make an interesting combination if Kraftwerk employed Parliament, or the other way around, it would be interesting if you had the Parliament group playing bass and Kraftwerk playing the drums.

“There would be a cross cultural hybrid, especially if everybody stuck to their guns.”

:hmm:

conjecture is fun

Dusk or civil dusk is the time at which the sun is 6 degrees below the horizon in the evening. At this time objects are distinguishable but there is no longer enough light to perform any outdoor activities.
Nautical dusk is 12 degrees below the horizon in the evening. At this time, objects are no longer distinguishable, and the horizon is no longer visible to the naked eye.

no line on the horizon :nerd:

If some of the lyrics still hold up in the finished version of Mercy, theres a line "we're binary code, a 1 and a zero..."

lew07 said:
If some of the lyrics still hold up in the finished version of Mercy, theres a line "we're binary code, a 1 and a zero..."

My favourite line. Pretty sexual in nature, actually.

Back
Top Bottom