north star update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adam3000

Acrobat
Did the full version of "north star" from transformers ever show up anywhere without the movie dialog?

North Star isn't the worst of the bunch of songs they played in 2010, and that's a shame. It really should be.

I doubt the studio version will ever be released for people to hear. They probably just traded it for some much needed cash.

I heard that Edge's cat is on the verge of death, or at least dementia, because he can't afford cat food. He gives it some pork chop scraps once in a while, but the cat doesn't eat it because it's against his religion. You'd think Edge would be more sensitive, but I guess survival of the flesh trumps survival of the soul in paradise for him.

north star is my favorite of the songs they played. i don't understand why they can release the song for use in a rather shitty movie, but then not have it included on the soundtrack and never let anyone actually hear the full version.

i'm assuming they probably thought that they were going to have an album at the time and wanted to save the release for that, but now that that's obviously not the case, what's the harm in just dropping it as a digital single release?

U2 should put out an ep with just 4 songs showing the different styles they've been toying with. The songs could even be covers of their older material.

I watched Transformers 3, purely to listen to North Star. If you listen to the 2 times it appears in the movie, they only play the first verse. This coupled with edge's 'nasty' righteous brothers style guitar over the top of it, leads me to believe (read hope) it must be an unfinished version of the song.

IMO the acoustic version played live sounds superior, & if an acoustic version appeared on a future album, it would be a fine thing indeed.......

if an acoustic version appeared on a future album, it would be a fine thing indeed.......

No, thanks. Not that I hate North Star or anything, it's decent, but all I want right now is that U2 go back to the studio and write a whole bunch of new songs that sound fresh, not bring out songs like that one. North Star is not what I think U2 needs right now.

North Star is not what I think U2 needs right now.

Agreed. It's nice and all, but nothing spectacular. Of course, who knows what the full song studio version would sound like. Still, it didn't grab me for any reason other than that it was new.

Back
Top Bottom