No recording sessions until November!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ludvic said:

Cool, how do you know this?

Because if you look in Band Meetings and Sightings there are people who have met them outside the studios just in the last couple of weeks.

Dana

ludvic said:

Cool, how do you know this?

1) Fans have met the band very recently as rihannsu said. Some of them are members here and have shared their stories (and pictures) in the following thread:
http://forum.interference.com/t180257.html

2) Lanois and Eno will be joining them in November because several sources in this thread says so.
I mean, have you read through the posts in this thread at all? :D
(Or perhaps that's not what you wanted to know. I'm so sorry if that's the case)

Last edited:
I'm less than thrilled with the whole idea as well. I prefer U2 when they're experimental, and somehow I doubt that there will be another album in the vein of Zooropa, Pop, or even Achtung Baby.

I'd be more excited if there wasn't an indication of possible overproduction. :(

LemonMelon said:

:up: I can't believe how difficult it is for people to understand this. Under normal circumstances, Bomb was easily a 3 year release.

And you're completely right about the Bomb hatred being mere opinion. The majority loved it, the critics loved it, and it sold, what, 9 million copies? Hardly a mediocre effort.

I wouldn't say the critics loved it. The average rating on metacritic is 79, 1 below ATYCLB. They certainly liked it, but there are a ton of much, much higher rated albums. It's very easy to find negative reviews of it.

And don't even get me started on the mainsream's opinion on music. The mainstream eats up rubbish like it's candy.

BANZAI said:
Rolling Stone posted a short interview with Danel Lanois. More of the same, but there is something new:

“We’ve been invited as writers this time,” he says. “I did three writing sessions with Eno and U2 — one in Fez, Morocco; two in France. It’s going great. We’re regrouping in November.”

So they're not doing anything at this moment....they're gonna start again in NOVEMBER! Very disappointing...

New album in November 2009?!
If it's great, I don't mind the wait.

Back
Top Bottom