No Line on the Horizon website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheClash253

The Fly
i decided to see if anything comes up at nolineonthehorizon.com, and sure enough, the domain has been registered. so, i did a WHOIS search on it, and look who owns it:

Universal Music Operations Limited

Domain name: nolineonthehorizon.com

Created on: 2008-06-27
Expires on: 2010-06-27

maybe they're getting ready to do something there! :hmm:

They usually register a few different domains in the lead up to an album, but that's definitely of interest. Thanks. :up:

Yeah I remember back in 2004 they had u2vertigo.com or something similar as a site just promoting the then new single. So is No Line the first single then?

Yeah I remember back in 2004 they had u2vertigo.com or something similar as a site just promoting the then new single. So is No Line the first single then?

I'm banking on it being the first single, yes.

U2 usually doesn't like naming their albums after songs on the album, so I doubt NLOTH is the title.

I'm banking on it being the first single, yes.

U2 usually doesn't like naming their albums after songs on the album, so I doubt NLOTH is the title.

well, they've done it 3 times before. although the title tracks on october, the unforgettable fire, and zooropa weren't lead-off singles. i think the unforgettable fire was the only one that turned out to be a single. i suppose we'll all find out relatively soon, but you're probably right that NLOTH isn't the album title.

well, they've done it 3 times before. although the title tracks on october, the unforgettable fire, and zooropa weren't lead-off singles. i think the unforgettable fire was the only one that turned out to be a single. i suppose we'll all find out relatively soon, but you're probably right that NLOTH isn't the album title.

I rather hope I'm wrong, as I'm quite fond of that phrase and the imagery it conjures up.

I rather hope I'm wrong, as I'm quite fond of that phrase and the imagery it conjures up.

i agree with you there, and i do think it would make a good album title. we'll see.

also, i remember reading somewhere about "Hanover Quay" as the title of the album, and this may be looking way too far into it, but hanoverquay.org is owned by principle management.

This tidbit along with "NLTH Films" being in charge of the upcoming music video builds a pretty compelling case for No Line on the Horizon as the first single and/or album title.

I think it might be the album title and the photo shoot near the Ocean could tie in with the story Bono told about the song.

maybe they'll accidently leak the song onto the website

someone should probably be checking it every 10 seconds just in case :wink:

I doubt it will be the album title. It just doesn't fit with any of their other titles.

Boy, October, War, TUF, JT, R&H, AB, Zooropa, Pop, ATYCLB, HTDAAB, all are single words, actual descriptions of things (The unforgettable fire) or statements (ATYCLB, HTDAAB).

No Line on the horizon is more of a phrase, a segment of a sentence. I think they are into over explaining their album names. No Line on the Horizen is a great single name, probably a great album name, but I dont think that they will do it

maybe they'll accidently leak the song onto the website

someone should probably be checking it every 10 seconds just in case :wink:

Maybe it'll be the first single and the band will overrule McGuinness and copy Coldplay and make it a free download.

Well, a girl can dream. :wink:

Somehow I think this may be the album title.

IF it is really a song title, I don't think they'll use that phrase for the album title as well.

Exciting times.

I just had Bono and Larry over for dinner (we had a little birt too muhc red wine)and they told me that the name of the first single wil

The one thing we should be looking for is what sites are registered by Digital CC, the Dublin-based web company owned by Adam's brother (U2 is obviously one of their clients and U2.com one of their sites).

Is there a way we can find out what addresses this company has registered in the last 3 months?

Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, and All That You Can't Leave Behind are all phrases from songs (Bullet, The Fly, Walk On) so I don't think it's uncommon for them to name an album after a lyric or a song

P.S - with the amount and effort of cyber-intelligence, people here should work for the NSA/FBI/CIA/MI5 or whatever, so much wasted talent here... :)

Last edited:
i have a really strong feeling that this will be the title of the album, can't see them registering the name of a single....

The one thing we should be looking for is what sites are registered by Digital CC, the Dublin-based web company owned by Adam's brother (U2 is obviously one of their clients and U2.com one of their sites).

Is there a way we can find out what addresses this company has registered in the last 3 months?

On the one hands that's true, but on the other hand I suppose that Livenation is going to take over U2's internet appearance. We'll see...

It would be a decent album name, although still a bit too long IMO! But better than the last two for sure. Although to me it sounds more like a song name only...

Do we have any (credible) idea about which of the clips of songs we have heard in the past few months could be the already famous NLOTH? I remember some people 'hearing' the title in a few different ones...

i have a really strong feeling that this will be the title of the album, can't see them registering the name of a single....

You can't? Vertigo was the first single off Bomb and a lot of the registrations prior to release were variations on Vertigo as someone else pointed out here. Plus the last two tours were named after singles.

Dana

Back
Top Bottom