No Line on the Horizon website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There's one section of a group chant appearing in Lanois' trailer, which had its chords reappear on a fan clip over which the same melody is sung, clearly followed by the line "there's no line on the horizon" (If you listen loud with some really good headphones). the same chord sequence appears, transposed though, on the "edgeback" clip Adam posted on the official site.

Two different songs.

The song in the Lanois trailer is a choral singing something along the lines of "Oh Oh, Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh you know their names, so call them out"

and on NLOTH it's something like "NOOOO line on the horizon".
Because of the way it was recorded it's deceptive.

Plus, there are no discernable chord structures in that NLOTH clip.

just a question:

was the NLOTH clip ever cleaned up? the clip i have is so hard to make out any chord progressions and i'm usually very good at picking out that kind of stuff.

if there's a better clip out there than what was originally put out there, could someone please email me?

msthefly@hotmail.com

thank you! :)

I do believe we've found our lead single, ladies and gentlemen.
Vertigo domains were snatched up early on (prior to its' release as a single?), and that was HDDAAB's lead single. And aren't film crews headed to Spain to shoot footage tomorrow and Thursday??

As for an album name...they've had albums with lengthy titles for their last two releases (ATYCLB and HDDAAB). They keep saying that the music is going to be breaking away from that, so wouldn't the title reflect that as well and therefore be a short title? *musing*

Either way, we're getting close!! :hyper::hyper:

From atu2.com:

Hans at U2tour.de tips us to the fact that Universal Music has registered the domain, nolineonthehorizon.com, which you may recognize as one of the songs believed to be on the new album. Is it the name of the first single? Is it the name of the album?

For what it's worth, the domain was purchased on June 27 -- that's the weekend U2 reportedly finished recording the album, according to several media and fan reports.

In the past, however, U2 registered their own album-related domain names or had DigiCC, Sebastian Clayton's company, purchase the domains for them.

Make of this what you will, but it seems pretty clear that No Line on the Horizon is either the title of the album, or single, or both.

i agree with you there, and i do think it would make a good album title. we'll see.

also, i remember reading somewhere about "Hanover Quay" as the title of the album, and this may be looking way too far into it, but hanoverquay.org is owned by principle management.

that was a rumored title for how to dismantle an atomic bomb and that domain was registered back around 2004ish.

this may have already been stated in the thread but i don't have the patience to read the entire thing.

LNOE's vocals were recorded on the last day of the POP sessions, and Midnight is where.. and Wake up dead man appeared in musical contexts totally different than originally

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but where did "midnight is where the day begins" show up before Lemon?

just a question:

was the NLOTH clip ever cleaned up? the clip i have is so hard to make out any chord progressions and i'm usually very good at picking out that kind of stuff.

if there's a better clip out there than what was originally put out there, could someone please email me?

msthefly@hotmail.com

thank you! :)

I cleaned it up but you still can't hear jack shit. I deleted it (I guess, I can't find it) because it wasn't much of an improvement. I'll try again and see if I can bring the music out any better. I can tell you right now it won't work but I'll give it another try.

Generally I can do a pretty good job with cleaning up audio but it all depends on the original source. You can't make out any chord progressions because they simply aren't there to be heard. That music is buried. I'm pretty good myself at picking chords out. The original source was just too obstructed by other noise.

I do remember hearing something odd in the cleaned up clip I made. Could be a trick of the ear but if it shows up on the album, then I want to lay claim to spotting that bastard. (It sounds like) there is a pitched vocal (effect) in it, which could be Bono saying "all mixed up". @1:37 (my clip is 3:43) Given the quality of the recording, it could be anything, I just wanted to make reference to it in case it did show up in the end.

No one's pointed out that "No Line on the Horizon" is rather redundant anyway. The definition of "horizon" is "the line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky" or "The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer". If there is no line, there's no horizon. So "No Horizon" would be a much less clunky title, and would still get the point across.

This is a fallacy. While you may have lifted that definition from a dictionary, language is adaptable, and meaning is relative, in essence, the meaning of a word is what it means to people, not what a dictionary says.

The widely interpreted meaning of the "horizon" phenomena is the distant landscape view. Thats about it. And even if we take it literally, the apparent intersection may not mean 'apparently visible' it may mean apparent in the sense that the earth and sky never actually intersect, because the sky isn't physical??? A horizon is a horizon, whether you see it or not, so ther term "no line on the horizon" makes perfect sense.

No one's pointed out that "No Line on the Horizon" is rather redundant anyway. The definition of "horizon" is "the line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky" or "The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer". If there is no line, there's no horizon. So "No Horizon" would be a much less clunky title, and would still get the point across.

dan_smee makes a good point, plus isn't "No Line On The Horizon" much more poetic than "No Horizon"...:yes:

I mean "No Horizon"...eh, sounds like a title by The Cult...:shrug:

by the way it should be mentioned I really like the Cult...:up:

Hooray, I finally dreamed about this album tonight, and in my dream it was clearly called NLOTH. I saw the new U2 album in a folder from some local book/CD store and was very surprised and excited. I wanted to come here to the forum and tell you guys about it immediately, but I woke up before I was able to do so. :doh:

dan_smee makes a good point, plus isn't "No Line On The Horizon" much more poetic than "No Horizon"...:yes:

I mean "No Horizon"...eh, sounds like a title by The Cult...:shrug:

by the way it should be mentioned I really like the Cult...:up:

a-thankyou.

No Horizon to me sounds like the garbage oasis are putting out these days. The same, repetitive, thumping, droning, monotonous drum beats, with Liam's ever-deteriorating voice, grunting and rasping to some samey guitar riff about "seeing no horizon's, now baby" (cos the star's about to fall, Lyla)

I think some of the arguments about this issue are really getting ridiculous.
I cannot believe how some people can judge a song they haven't even heard yet, just by the title or just by a very bad audio sample, where it's not even clear which song was played.
Sometimes I'm really upset by some people's tendency to give everything a negative angle.
We don't really know anything about the album right now or what it will sound like or what it will be called, we can only speculate about songs and such, but the truth is there is not much to hold on to.
It's annoying how some people let their (negative) imagination run wild.
Time for the album to come out, really, so all of this will come to an end.
Then it's just: I like it or I don't like it, based on real material.

Two different songs.

The song in the Lanois trailer is a choral singing something along the lines of "Oh Oh, Oh-oh-oh, oh-oh you know their names, so call them out"

and on NLOTH it's something like "NOOOO line on the horizon".
Because of the way it was recorded it's deceptive.

Plus, there are no discernable chord structures in that NLOTH clip.

People seem to be hearing 'no line of the horizon' on a number of different clips, I think at this point we can't say for sure if any of the stuff we have heard is in fact this song.

However, I am pretty sure that the last Lanois clip, the one with the "Oh Oh Oh" chorus, is the same song as the one Edge is playing in one of the Adam clips, the second one where he is sitting down. It is the same chord progression, you can sing the chorus on top of it. No idea if it is indeed NLOTH, but it's the same song, and I have a really good feeling about this one.

I think some of the arguments about this issue are really getting ridiculous.
I cannot believe how some people can judge a song they haven't even heard yet, just by the title or just by a very bad audio sample, where it's not even clear which song was played.
Sometimes I'm really upset by some people's tendency to give everything a negative angle.
We don't really know anything about the album right now or what it will sound like or what it will be called, we can only speculate about songs and such, but the truth is there is not much to hold on to.
It's annoying how some people let their (negative) imagination run wild.
Time for the album to come out, really, so all of this will come to an end.
Then it's just: I like it or I don't like it, based on real material.

But its not the end is it? even when the album is out, we will get the usual people (who i think we pretty much already know who they are), banging on about why they dont like it, going into threads on the forum that have nothing to do with the album, but then turning the thread into why U2 arent what they used to be etc.

I cleaned it up but you still can't hear jack shit. I deleted it (I guess, I can't find it) because it wasn't much of an improvement. I'll try again and see if I can bring the music out any better. I can tell you right now it won't work but I'll give it another try.

Generally I can do a pretty good job with cleaning up audio but it all depends on the original source. You can't make out any chord progressions because they simply aren't there to be heard. That music is buried. I'm pretty good myself at picking chords out. The original source was just too obstructed by other noise.

I do remember hearing something odd in the cleaned up clip I made. Could be a trick of the ear but if it shows up on the album, then I want to lay claim to spotting that bastard. (It sounds like) there is a pitched vocal (effect) in it, which could be Bono saying "all mixed up". @1:37 (my clip is 3:43) Given the quality of the recording, it could be anything, I just wanted to make reference to it in case it did show up in the end.

Hey, thanks for trying! :)

Yeah, this is the one clip I just didn't really listen to much, because it was so buried.

Hopefully we'll get some better clips soon! :)

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but where did "midnight is where the day begins" show up before Lemon?

It was a lyric used in the Achtung Baby outtakes, cant remember off the top of my head which song, possibly one of the 'Shes gonna blow your house down' takes

I don't know if it was posted here, anyway: :wave:

"U2 Red Rocks re-release plus album rumours

The U2 reissue onslaught continues with a digitally overhauled version of their 1983 live album, Under A Blood Red Sky, out here on September 20.

It’ll be available in three different formats – DVD + CD Deluxe, single CD and single vinyl – which will all have expanded artwork and sleeve notes.

Meanwhile, the word from Cadiz in Spain is that part of the city centre will be shutting down on July 23 and 24 to facilitate the shooting of a U2 single video.

London’s NLTH Ltd. have been issued with a permit that allows a 19-person crew to do their do between 9pm and 4am. The band themselves are not expected to be present.

While there’s been no official confirmation, industry sources suggest that the new U2 album will be released in Ireland on November 14, with ‘The Cedars Of Lebanon’, ‘Moment Of Surrender’, ‘For Your Love’, ‘One Bird’, ‘If I Could Live My Life Again’, ‘Love Is All We Have Left’ and ‘No Line On The Horizon’ among the songs that are expected to feature.

The excellent U2tour.de and atu2.com websites have also drawn attention to the fact that Universal Music has registered the domain name nolineonthehorizon.com – suggesting that it’s either the title-track or the lead single."
source:
U2 Red Rocks re-release plus album rumours

People seem to be hearing 'no line of the horizon' on a number of different clips, I think at this point we can't say for sure if any of the stuff we have heard is in fact this song.

However, I am pretty sure that the last Lanois clip, the one with the "Oh Oh Oh" chorus, is the same song as the one Edge is playing in one of the Adam clips, the second one where he is sitting down. It is the same chord progression, you can sing the chorus on top of it. No idea if it is indeed NLOTH, but it's the same song, and I have a really good feeling about this one.

Well unless Bono is singing 'no line on the horizon' over and over in a entirely different song, then maybe. Really though, there never was a better clip of this one posted, I should have put one up with the chorus highlighted.

I'll post a clip of the chorus all looped together.
I'd like to hear the Adam clip that you think is the choral song.
Is there a link to it on youtube or something? (I am not a U2.com member)

I can't defend the people who hear what they want to hear. The clip that I made the cleaned up version of (titled May 19 HQ tweaked version) where Bono is singing "Aliiiiiive!" had virtually buried music as well. Yet, if you check that original thread, even before a louder, EQ'd, somewhat noise reduced version was made, you have people making all kinds of pronouncements about the music, what the guitar sounded like, etc. You didn't hear me do such a thing. You are right though, we also had a few people claim to hear the phrase 'no line on the horizon' in that one.

"‘If I Could Live My Life Again"

Could that be the title for "All My Life" (a.k.a. 404)?

I honestly wouldn't mind. I know a lot of people around here don't like that song. I think the chorus is killer. (Much better than "Oh-You-Look-So-Beautiful-Tonight..." which is quite lame and ruins an otherwise great song.)

Back
Top Bottom