No Line on the Horizon website

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No Line on the Horizon probably is the album title. The interview below from USA today refers to this; and knowing that they've recently done a photo shoot on Dollymount beach it's a good bet the album will be called No Line on the Horizon, with a beach photo to go with it.

From USA TODAY, January 21, 2008:

"Can I interrupt this broadcast?" he says. "There's an amazing moment
in Ireland, where we live, when the sea and the sky can have the same
color and the line of the horizon disappears. And I look at these
mountains, and it's just about to happen here."

He reaches beneath the seat and pulls out a CD case, withdrawing a
hand-labeled disc. "I have just the right song for it … if I can find
it."

He slips the CD into the player and heavy distortion fills the car.
It's a song called No Line on the Horizon, which the band is developing
for their next album. "It came out of a new distortion box that my
guitar tech got," The Edge says.

No Line on the Horizon probably is the album title. The interview below from USA today refers to this; and knowing that they've recently done a photo shoot on Dollymount beach it's a good bet the album will be called No Line on the Horizon, with a beach photo to go with it.

From USA TODAY, January 21, 2008:

"Can I interrupt this broadcast?" he says. "There's an amazing moment
in Ireland, where we live, when the sea and the sky can have the same
color and the line of the horizon disappears. And I look at these
mountains, and it's just about to happen here."

He reaches beneath the seat and pulls out a CD case, withdrawing a
hand-labeled disc. "I have just the right song for it … if I can find
it."

for their next album. "It came out of a new distortion box that my
guitar tech got," The Edge says.

that article was posted earlier in the thread. I would bet a lot of money that No Line on the horizon is not the album title.

I think that we will see the album title come from the lyric to No Line...

Just like atyclb, from walk on and the photo shoot at the airport. I doubt they will name the album after a song (especially the first single, assuming no line IS the first single) and it appears from everything we've seen that it is a song, and it will be on there.

There will be a beautifully descriptive line in the song about the sea meeting the sky blah blah blah, that will be album cover, and the name

IMO Elevation Tour, and Vertigo Tour are lame tour names. Won't be hard to top them. I'd rather the name of the tour not be a song title, or from a some lyric, come up with a theme like ZooTV or Popmart

that's pretty shit.

All That You Can't Leave Behind/Elevation Tour
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb/Vertigo Tour
Forthcoming/No Line on the Horizon Tour

boo.

How about No line on the horizon / Horizon tour ?

Anyway, a rose by any other name ...

i don't like the title 'No Line On The Horizon' at all. its too much cliché.
in my ears it sounds cheesy and pseudo-philosophical like the titles of the last two albums. i only hope its just a song title and not the title of the album.
hope the music has mor class than the shite song/album title.
i like short titles like ZOOROPA, POP, WAR etc.

i don't like the title 'No Line On The Horizon' at all. its too much cliché.
in my ears it sounds cheesy and pseudo-philosophical like the titles of the last two albums. i only hope its just a song title and not the title of the album.
hope the music has mor class than the shite song/album title.
i like short titles like ZOOROPA, POP, WAR etc.

Lets be honest, i dont think you not liking something from this era is going to suprise alot of people.

How about ZooMart or PopTV? ah no. :reject:
Or...
HorizonMart :doh:

Im so lame :sad: at making up tour names

Hmm... The ZooPopTVMart :drool:

:reject:

:doh:

No Line on the Horizon probably is the album title. The interview below from USA today refers to this;

for their next album.

See, I actually read that article as pretty clearly stating that NLOTH is the title of a song. It may very well be the album title, too, but that article doesn't say anything of that sort. :shrug:

I love the song title! it reminds me of a Porcupine Tree song titled "We lost the skyline". Bring on the psychedalia :drool:

See, I actually read that article as pretty clearly stating that NLOTH is the title of a song. It may very well be the album title, too, but that article doesn't say anything of that sort. :shrug:

It may have been the title of a song at the time that article was written, but there's no guarantee that song title will appear on the final album. Sort of like how Bono was praising a song called "Native Son" in advance of HTDAAB and it ended up being "Vertigo."

I think "No Line on the Horizon" sounds like a great title for the album.

There's one section of a group chant appearing in Lanois' trailer, which had its chords reappear on a fan clip over which the same melody is sung, clearly followed by the line "there's no line on the horizon" (If you listen loud with some really good headphones). the same chord sequence appears, transposed though, on the "edgeback" clip Adam posted on the official site.

I querried Slow Loris about that, whether he's an insider, or just a regular guy who's doing better at putting puzzle pieces together than the average interference user, I appreciate his opinion. He claims that the song with the chanting phrase from the trailer isn't called NLOTH, and on a different occasion when asked whether the album will include a song named NLOTH he answered that no necessarily but Bono's too inlove with that phrase to not refer to it somehow.

so I guess, that means an album name...

a lyric included in February shouldn't necessarily appear on the album.

LNOE's vocals were recorded on the last day of the POP sessions, and Midnight is where.. and Wake up dead man appeared in musical contexts totally different than originally

It may have been the title of a song at the time that article was written, but there's no guarantee that song title will appear on the final album. Sort of like how Bono was praising a song called "Native Son" in advance of HTDAAB and it ended up being "Vertigo."

I think "No Line on the Horizon" sounds like a great title for the album.

It's absolutely true that the song that the article clearly states was entitled NLOTH may no longer hold that title. All the same, there's absolutely no indication whatsoever that the album itself is entitled NLOTH, no matter how much we may like it as an album name. Pretty clear-cut to me. :shrug:

I querried Slow Loris about that, whether he's an insider, or just a regular guy who's doing better at putting puzzle pieces together than the average interference user, I appreciate his opinion. He claims that the song with the chanting phrase from the trailer isn't called NLOTH, and on a different occasion when asked whether the album will include a song named NLOTH he answered that no necessarily but Bono's too inlove with that phrase to not refer to it somehow.

so I guess, that means an album name...

:eyebrow: I love the Loris, great guy. But he's no insider--just an alter having fun. In fact, there's even an old thread where the actual person was caught posting as the Loris using his real screenname by mistake. The real person is a cool guy who has great opinions and thoughts, and the Loris is just a fun Interference character--and neither of them have insider information. There's a reason that most of the questions initially asked of the Loris in that thread were all jokes.

the last time we had a song title and an album title that were the same was "Unforgetable Fire" and October too.. oops, I'm a bad u2 fan:reject:. I doubt that this would happen again since it hasn't been the trend with them over the last 20 yrs or so. :shrug: Just a IMO.. They could do this but they are quite the creatures of habit with certain aspects of album creation. It's certainly possible and I wouldn't rule it out..

/endofspeculation

No one's pointed out that "No Line on the Horizon" is rather redundant anyway. The definition of "horizon" is "the line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky" or "The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer". If there is no line, there's no horizon. So "No Horizon" would be a much less clunky title, and would still get the point across.

i wouldn't doubt that the phrase is lifted from a book or a poem, hence the use of it in full

No one's pointed out that "No Line on the Horizon" is rather redundant anyway. The definition of "horizon" is "the line or circle that forms the apparent boundary between earth and sky" or "The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer". If there is no line, there's no horizon. So "No Horizon" would be a much less clunky title, and would still get the point across.

Hehe, funny. Kinda reminds me of "stuck in a moment you can't get out of" -- why not just "stuck in a moment"?

:wink:

the last time we had a song title and an album title that were the same was "Unforgetable Fire" and October too.. oops, I'm a bad u2 fan:reject:

Yes you are, especially since you completely overlooked Zooropa. You should be stripped of your fanatic4ever badge!

Hmm, but isn't No Line On The Horizon a proverb? Because in my language there is a proverb that is very similar to this title.

Yeah but, if you look at the definition, "The apparent intersection of the earth and sky as seen by an observer," it just means that this intersection as seen by an observer simply has no clear cut boundary separating the two....So I don't see what's so clunky about it. And "No Line On the Horizon" sounds much more poetic than "No Horizon," which sounds pretty bad on it's own like that :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom