No Line On The Horizon: uptempo rocker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lol you guys.
looks like CD will come out and Madagascar(new gnr song) blows anything u2 has done in the past 7 or 8 years. don't get me wrong i love u2,i love them for what they were not what they have become. which is quite rubbish if you ask me.

Wait....Guns N' Roses aren't rubbish now?

lol you guys.
looks like CD will come out and Madagascar(new gnr song) blows anything u2 has done in the past 7 or 8 years. don't get me wrong i love u2,i love them for what they were not what they have become. which is quite rubbish if you ask me.

:scratch:

You perplex me.

"i love u2,i love them for what they were not what they have become. which is quite rubbish if you ask me."

We don't have to ask you.. You seem to always find a way to tell us.

shawn-in all seriousness, is "madagascar" a new gnr song?
I would love to hear it if you could provide a link......

people are comparing GNR to U2??!?! Didn't Axl Rose die or something? Wait, that was his career. Nevermind.

No he didn't die, my girlfriend (a Gilmore Girls fan) informs me that he leant vocals to a few songs by metal artist Sebastian Bach on his album Angel Down (sold around 4 copies to date). Sebastian Bach plays an aging guy who joins a band with some kids.

Big career move Axl :up:

No Line On The Horizon will be a mid-tempo ballad...along the lines of Mysterious Ways/ Wild Horses...followed by a vertigo like second single...then the third single will be Moment Of Surrender (One, 2008) to wrap things up

Over 3:30 minutes of NLOTH were posted here in February (not the clip with the trucks in the background). If you look through previous threads on this forum you will find it.

Links don't stay very long around here. Anyone care to send it to me? e_lego@hotmail.com. Thanks :)

And what makes you so sure it's the right song? Can you hear the lyrics clearly?

BRING IT ON !
but ya i cant stand that song, its the worst song on "bomb" and there are some horrible songs on bomb. compared to JT and AB it is crap.

I'll go with a big NO on uptempo rocker.

"mellow title refrain" sounds accurate.

U2 doing psuedo-psychedelic rock as they would do.

Last edited:
I think it will be a very uptempo song. From what was described in the USA Today article it sounds to me that the intro will be a lot like Love and Peace or WGRYWH with the heavy distortion.

I think it will be a very uptempo song. From what was described in the USA Today article it sounds to me that the intro will be a lot like Love and Peace or WGRYWH with the heavy distortion.

neither of these songs are uptempo. they are both actually quite slowly tempoed..

distortion and loudness doesn't equal fast tempo. Tempo relates to pacing and rythm. U2 haven't ever REALLY done anything fast tempoed, the fastest they go is something like Ultraviolet, In God's Country, Vertigo...

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. On Last FM there was a link to the U2 song No Line On the Horizon. I tried to play the song but wasn't able to. A couple people posted comments about the song so I guess a demo version was up there for a while anyway. Anyone know about this?

I'm not sure if this was already mentioned. On Last FM there was a link to the U2 song No Line On the Horizon. I tried to play the song but wasn't able to. A couple people posted comments about the song so I guess a demo version was up there for a while anyway. Anyone know about this?

where was this, i cant find it on the lastfm site

Ok, I found it, and someone who listened to it posted a blog about it.

28 May 2008, 12:56

U2 fans probably have heard of the song No Line On The Horizon. A first [bad] version leaked in February 2008, if I remember rightly. I've given it a few listens but never payed much attentation to it. The new recording is way better and I must admit - the song is really addictive. Ok, first you get shirty by all the bloody car sounds but after a few listenings you could hear something what sounds like a song. A good one, indeed!
It's actually a pop tune, doesn't sound very rock or "loud" but it's groovy and addicting. I've just given it a few listens and I will love it to hear the song in full.

And It's No Line on the Horizon for sure! You could hear some of the lyrics ...

So Far...

No Line On the Horizon,
No line between the earth and sky

I'm All Alone
Hold me close´
Hold me, kiss me, squeeze me, kiss me, squeeze meAlone

I'll teach the world Love

No Line On the Horizon...

Oh my. I really can't wait for the new album and new songs and all that stuff.
Owt will be appreciated ...

The lyrics suck. WTF happened to the guy that penned BTBS?

Is the music any good?

k....those lyrics are not encouraging....fuck...Bono, what could you be thinking!?!?!?!?

oh holy shit please don't make this some stupid cheesey pop song...fuck

the lyrics, or the story?

nothing to doubt in the story, its a fan clip, that someone has listened to carefully. probly wrong, but its 'valid'

Back
Top Bottom