No Line On The Horizon: uptempo rocker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
who said they did? LU, you're missing the point....Obviously they don't sound like Britney Spears....I just mentioned Britney Spears to clarify the type of "poppy" music that I was talking about, hence the word "category" in my previous post

Okay. I just think "pop" doesn't necessarily mean "Britney Spears". There's more to pop than that, luckily.

Britney Spears songs are good, so it's nothing to be scared of, I just wouldn't want Bono's life being as messed up as Spearsy's.

Stronger and Slave 4 U are brill, as is Toxic and Baby One More Time.

Pop is Britney Spears.

Um, no it isn't.

I have nothing at all against pop, that's the music I grew up with and there is much pop music out there that I really love.

I don't like this whole rock vs. pop discussion. What I like about U2 is that they can make rock and pop songs and be great with both.

ah...alright. So did it seem poppy to you?

no it's not poppy, it's not even BeautifulDay-ish...no attempt to sound like Britney Spears

the melody reminded me of "Last Night On Earth", but the mood sounded even darker...it's a bit like Joy Division 's "Shadowplay"
if i can remember ....Edge was backing some kinda of linear singing who restrained the chorus from being shiny, with only Bono singing pretty soulfuly the words "Noo Line" several times over This specific Edge's low vocal part

anyway i think it will be different from what people were used of with post-2000 U2....but NOT EVERYONE will like it

Back
Top Bottom